PDA

View Full Version : New Hobba Email Scam

~Hilton~
22-10-2005, 03:26 AM
I got this email from Removed by Seacat - Please don't post other's email addresses.

Dear Habbo, You have been chosen as a new Hobba! What is a Hobba, you might ask. Emergency assistance - Hobbas pick up 'Calls for help' and rush to the aid of Habbos who need assistance. Reporting - Hobbas report any offensive Habbo names, missions, room names and descriptions, and any negative developments in the hotel to Habbo Ltd. Hosting - Hobbas help Habbos feel welcome, by answering their questions and guiding them around the hotel. Please fill out the following form to confirm you are really "you". Name: Birthdate: Email address: Habbo name: Habbo password: Callie (Hotel Manager, Justine Hill)

le harry
22-10-2005, 04:37 AM
What newbs... LoL, Enter a clone's details :]

Rawr
22-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Lol yeh i send it back telling them totally wrong information.

le harry
22-10-2005, 08:58 AM
On .com I thought one of these was real, I ended up losing a Candy bed a sink and a brown plasto rofl

cocaine
22-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Put in a fake one ;l

Col
22-10-2005, 09:06 AM
lol, Just shows you how some people are desperate..

Carlos
22-10-2005, 09:09 AM
This should be in the "Scams" section under "bobba" ;)

GommeInc
22-10-2005, 09:09 AM
If an idiot falls for that they deserve it. That's what I think anyway.

le harry
22-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Not if there a newb :p

Carlos
22-10-2005, 09:13 AM

But still, it's common knowledge.

GommeInc
22-10-2005, 09:14 AM
SO if I ask for £100 in the street, which someone has, they will give it to me?

If I ask for credit card details when they got out their card to use it, they will give it to me?

Like Carlos said, 'Common Knowledge,' if you are dumb enough for this you are too dumb to live.

--ss--
22-10-2005, 09:15 AM
got sent two of them from .com telling em ive been choosen to be a mdoerator , and im underage so i replyed saying i already am office staff and they sent me another email saying sorry :P what noobs

le harry
22-10-2005, 09:17 AM
SO if I ask for £100 in the street, which someone has, they will give it to me?

If I ask for credit card details when they got out their card to use it, they will give it to me?

Like Carlos said, 'Common Knowledge,' if you are dumb enough for this you are too dumb to live.

That's not the same, This is internet, You can make yourself look formal and professional using proper grammer and having an email that looks like sulakes and you could believe it.

GommeInc
22-10-2005, 09:19 AM
That's not the same, This is internet, You can make yourself look formal and professional using proper grammer and having an email that looks like sulakes and you could believe it.
In some cases it is the same.

Now, think, would Habbo really email you about being a hobba/mod when you haven't applied or seen any official news about it?

WHy does it look like sulakes?

The UK Hotel uses @sulake.uk or something random

Day.
22-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Why are you even going to send in a clones detials it's a scam. Your going to losse the account still :l .

le harry
22-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Do you really think a newb is going to worry about applying or something, He'll be thinking "omg a hobba my dream" and just send in the details, he probaly doesnt even know you have to apply.

Bear-Max
22-10-2005, 10:13 AM
I agree with Aight.

Gomme, you're going far too over the top. Saying that "dumb enough for this you are too dumb to live" is a pathetic thing to say. If people didn't fall for things like this, there wouldn't be a thriving itentity theft culture these days. If things look professional, people are inclined to believe them. It's just human nature.

And as for only trusting emails if they're @sulake.com, there are ways of making your email address come up like this. I've had them sent to m in the past.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!