PDA

View Full Version : PSP Downloadable games?

Jase
23-10-2005, 04:42 PM
If anybody has a psp, on the main screen it says games, then you scroll down to the bottom and it says Memory stick. You press x on that and it says there is no games :s. Wth is that used for?

Flauvo
23-10-2005, 07:20 PM
You put your game disc in and then there should be a copy button, then it copies the game to your memory stick...then you can play it without the disc...

bare in mind i dont have a PSP - from xbox experience

Jase
23-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Lol, weird. But when your playing you can take out the disk and still play (it works for wipeout pure)

Lincoln Imp!
24-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Thats... cool! :o

smurf-you
24-10-2005, 01:07 PM
no... they are there for a reason, you can actually download games, I.E doom 1 and other classics, however you need version 1.5 and be able to follow hard instructions.

It's called homebrew.

Jase
24-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I got version 2.00, do you need to be able to go on the web with your psp? Because i downloaded something of the us psp site from my laptop and added using meh usb cable.

smurf-you
24-10-2005, 03:19 PM
hmmm... I'm pretty sure you can download movies/music/games of the sony website www.yourpsp.com, but you have to register, plus you get a free UMD.

I am not sure if you can put games on 2.0 from your computer, i will have to check that, i got 1.5 and i can put games on it.

Jase
25-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Lol, i'm reading a guide on how to play games and go on paint of your psp and it says you have to downgrade to 1.5. However, this is risky and could freeze your psp. But somebody posted that there psp has completely froze and can't do anything on it rofl.

smurf-you
25-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah, you must downgrade to 1.5 which is also named as homebrew.

Advantages with 1.5

You can run emulators (any console)
You can run cool features like paint, word, spreadsheets ect.
You can use different systems ect...
You can play old school games like doom for free (That's emualtors)
On my psp i got snes, nes, neo geo and sega mega drive.

Disadvantages.

There is no internet browser, however you can hack that so you can.
You can't use BG pictures, but it's a small price to pay for having emulators.

However, the downgrade it self is pretty simple, all you need is to drag and drop, i found it pretty easy and will advise it to anyone.
Snapshot (Super Moderator) You can't play quite alot of the games with 1.5 aswell eg: gta lcs :)
Any other questions ask :P

Jase
25-10-2005, 10:39 AM
but theres a big risk that it could freeze your psp :(

I'm not going to do it lol.

Bear-Max
25-10-2005, 12:02 PM
UK PSPs come with v1.52 firmware built in anyway. You can't do it even if you wanted to.

Unless of course you can now downgrade or something.

smurf-you
25-10-2005, 01:26 PM
What i did was upgrade to 2.0 using the demo disk, then downgraded, pretty simple just drag and drop folders, never looked back:P

Japan psp comes with 1.5 and 1.0

Jase
25-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I've tried downgrading from the psp forum, and that didn't work "/ i copied all of the files and went onto photo viewer and then it just crashes the psp :(

smurf-you
25-10-2005, 06:06 PM
It's ment to, careful though... You may brick your PSP if you don't follow instructions right.

I did it, just keep following what they say to do, it is ment to crash the PSP, it's normal.

Jase
25-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes, but it should come up with a load of numbers or letters but instead i scroll down to the bottom it crashes it :@

smurf-you
25-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Must of done it wrong, read it PROPERLY first, make sure you understand everything, i done it 1st attempt and now never looked back.

If you not sure what to do on a certain point just holla.

Jase
25-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Where did you follow the guide to get your games and stuff on your psp?

Exorcize
25-10-2005, 06:28 PM
u need quite a big memory stick to do that though im gettin a 1g 1

Flauvo
25-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Downgrading could turn your PSP into an ice cube. There is a virus going through some downgraders....Only use a trusted source [e.g - Sony]

Bear-Max
25-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Sony aren't going to provide a downgrader. They don't want people to be able to run homebrew and install Windows and other such programs.

smurf-you
25-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Yep, sony dislike people using homebrew as such, that's why they keep updating.

Your right there are virus's going around, however very rarely you'll see one.

The place where i got mine was www.pspforum.com

Everyone is nice and mostly from the UK, I like that forum, you can do loads of stuff and learn cool stuff about your PSP and it's features you can add.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!