PDA

View Full Version : How do I get fitter?

$@m
23-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Now I am not asking how to get thinner or musclier or whatever, I just want to know how to get fitter e.g I don't get out of breath easily when I play football.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

$@m

Thread closed with creators permission ;) - GommeInc

NekkLe
23-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Improving your endurance to a level of which to up your game in football involves alot of jogging/running.
Endurance folds out into other factors, musculer endurance is one of them.

Running helps train your muscles so that the intake of oxygen is at a higher percent. I won't go into specifics but in order to run longer, your muscles need to be trained to do so.
You'll know when your tired as your muscles ache, imporving your musculer endurance will stop you from aching early in a game of football.

All you need to do is to get yourself into the a routine of running or jogging to help the process of building your muscluer endurance. 10-15 minutes of running or jogging will be a good start to the process.
Each week will feel different depending on how many times a week you have exercised.

If you go to football training regulary then this is a boost, use your own time to exercise and you'll definaltey improve your game alot more.

Owen
23-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I just do cross country running and athletics, maybe a touch of football and that keeps me fitins ;P

I only started like 1 year ago now im like the best runner in my year o.O

$@m
24-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Improving your endurance to a level of which to up your game in football involves alot of jogging/running.
Endurance folds out into other factors, musculer endurance is one of them.

Running helps train your muscles so that the intake of oxygen is at a higher percent. I won't go into specifics but in order to run longer, your muscles need to be trained to do so.
You'll know when your tired as your muscles ache, imporving your musculer endurance will stop you from aching early in a game of football.

All you need to do is to get yourself into the a routine of running or jogging to help the process of building your muscluer endurance. 10-15 minutes of running or jogging will be a good start to the process.
Each week will feel different depending on how many times a week you have exercised.

If you go to football training regulary then this is a boost, use your own time to exercise and you'll definaltey improve your game alot more.

Thanks for the detailed advice, I will start this week. +Rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!