PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a hosting company

Rou
24-10-2005, 02:54 PM
I know you need a reseller
Server - were to buy (but so i dont have to put it in my house)
What else would i need

Please dont say dont waste my money its my money and i will do as i want with it

Steven.
24-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Srver is better than a reseller ;) Most will go forr Server hosters.

Paypal Account.
Good Deals.
Good looking template.

This is just some..

nelly
24-10-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't know but shoutcast servers are good you will make money off them also goodluck

Temporary
24-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Hmm im getting up my own hosting soon, first try and Research WHM
if you buy a server or reseller you will need to know how to use it (WHM = Web Host Management.) i am currently setting up my own hosting website, im using a reseller untill i get rich enough to buy my own server ;P.
Servers cost alot though, the cheapest would be around £350 yearly i think.
Well thats the cheapest i can find.
BUT. Servers are better and most people would rather go for them, i surgest you buy a reseller for a month, err try Js-Host.com e-mail them for 4gb webspace and 25gb bandwith is £5 pounds monthly, try it out for one month and see how you feel and then make your decision on weather to get a server or stay a reseller.

Sygon
25-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Well as i may know, i have a basic minni server :o but based on a reseller, i bought a package where you buy 2 servers windows and unix/linux, theres no point buying a reseller which has 4gb becuase who are you going to host......, but im getting fed up of my server just sitting there :( no body hosting it, so if you want i am willing to sell for a good price,

If you would like to start your hosting company you will need,

server or reseller acount you can buy these of many hosting companys,
template buy one from template-monster.com or any other sellers or make 1 yourself
knowledge of whm, if you know how to use cpanel its really easy,
little knowledge of html or pay someone who will,
and the knowledge of how to get customers and sell!

hope thats helped

sygon

timROGERS
25-10-2005, 11:54 AM
You can buy a Dell server for about £400. But really once you've bought a serverm it is a commitment to carry on with the business.

Luckyrare
25-10-2005, 11:58 AM
If you was to buy your own server. They are very expensive to run.

www.IBM.com IBM have some very nice servers... They start at about £500 and go upto alot more...

dell also sell them, I have never looked at them tho, www.dell.com

Then you have to install a web manager; cpanel is well know but I have seen cheaper web managers that are alot better.

www.cpanel.net

Now you need to install PHP, luckly its free! You must have it, other wise you should just give up.

www.php.net

then you have to install mysql, I think it costs for it but have a look [Edit - Had a look, its free I think...]

www.mysql.com

I think thats all you need...

Hope this helped...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!