PDA

View Full Version : I need help

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in or not. I have just registered this username because I feel uncomfortable about posting this with my regular forum name (which I have 4000+ posts with and is known around the forum).

Ok, I'm in year 11. I have been bullied for most of my life. I have never told my parents anything about how I'm treated at school. The teachers are blind too it aswell.

The bullying is mostly verbal (name calling, constant abuse, etc) bullying. Because of this, I have very few friends. I can't bare it anymore. I can't do anything, as they are alot "harder" than me, and telling teachers in the past has got me nowhere. The same things happen everyday. I get called names (no idea why), I get my stuff stolen in some cases, etc.

I am going to have to make a decision very soon. Either I get help or I end my life. This has scarred me, and I cannot face it anymore. I am ready to end my life if changes are not made. I have no confidence anymore. I find it very hard to go out. No-one knows about this and how I feel. I cry at night, thinking of the abuse I would get the next day. Thinking of ways to prevent it (hurting myself, thinking of ways to end my life). I sometimes think to myself "theres only one year left to cope with" - but I don't think I'm strong enough anymore.

I really need help. I can't just tell people, as I'm not confident anymore.

I plan to end my life soon, unless things improve.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I do not have any dissabilities. I'm just 'normal' like the rest of you.

Steven.
24-10-2005, 07:38 PM
:o, That sounds quite harsh.

Have you got an Ewo in your'e school? or a School Nurse? (Ewo = Educational Welfare officier) .

I would advise going to see them if you have, that's what i normaly do but i get outside help (Counciling due to self harm).

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 07:39 PM
:o, That sounds quite harsh.

Have you got an Ewo in your'e school? or a School Nurse? (Ewo = Educational Welfare officier) .

I would advise going to see them if you have, that's what i normaly do but i get outside help (Counciling due to self harm).

I don't think I have the confidence. I can hardly leave my house anymore.

Catchy
24-10-2005, 07:49 PM
ct you tell the police or somthing?

Eamonn
24-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Why end it now ! You only have one more year at school then you can go 6Form or College and im pretty sure it wont happen there, just keep your head up high and hold on ! C'mon dont let them win

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Why end it now ! You only have one more year at school then you can go 6Form or College and im pretty sure it wont happen there, just keep your head up high and hold on ! C'mon dont let them win

I was planning on going College and doing an I.T course, but I just don't have the strength anymore. I cant face another 100 odd days at school. I've been through a good 9 years of this, I can't hold out another one.

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Ask for a transfer of schools!

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Ask for a transfer of schools!

I wish it was as easy as that. "mum, change my schools please".

There would be questions, frustration etc. Plus it would interfere with my GCSE's (if I get that far, which I very much doubt it).

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Have you told ur parents? If not why not? You could ring a helpline, sorry i don't know any numbers of them

ITradeRSforHabo
24-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Dude you dont need to kill urself man. Never let bullys win. I'd advise you to talk to your pricipal about this situation. One more year left man, and then, your off to collage where people are more mature. You will have lots of friends. And also the friends, I'd advice you to join clubs. Go out into school activites and make some new friends. No need to end your life.

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Good advice there!

TealArms
24-10-2005, 08:19 PM
1st of all don't kill urself as u will be missed, jsut think about your family how they would feel
u need to tell someone, is there a member of staff u really trust?
i am kinda in the saem postion with an issue i have and i don't want to tell anyone (btw this is about my privets) but ppl on this forum said i need to tell a member of staff, i know how u feel, but if i told a teacher i trusted at my skool do u think u would be able to tell someone? and we could do it together?

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Dude you dont need to kill urself man. Never let bullys win. I'd advise you to talk to your pricipal about this situation. One more year left man, and then, your off to collage where people are more mature. You will have lots of friends. And also the friends, I'd advice you to join clubs. Go out into school activites and make some new friends. No need to end your life.

Thanks, but again, lack of confidence stops me. I don't think I could do it. And yea, it may be only "one more year left", but I cannot bear it anymore. I've started to cry every night, and as I'm reading/posting in this thread, more tears arrive.

Thanks anyway.

TealArms
24-10-2005, 08:22 PM
dude read what i just posted and we can do it together

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:23 PM
1st of all don't kill urself as u will be missed, jsut think about your family how they would feel
u need to tell someone, is there a member of staff u really trust?
i am kinda in the saem postion with an issue i have and i don't want to tell anyone (btw this is about my privets) but ppl on this forum said i need to tell a member of staff, i know how u feel, but if i told a teacher i trusted at my skool do u think u would be able to tell someone? and we could do it together?

I don't know if I could do it. I need a friend (who goes to my school) who understands whats going on, as I could probally be alot more confident with him/her with me. And sorry to hear about whatever issues you are facing.

ITradeRSforHabo
24-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks, but again, lack of confidence stops me. I don't think I could do it. And yea, it may be only "one more year left", but I cannot bear it anymore. I've started to cry every night, and as I'm reading/posting in this thread, more tears arrive.

Thanks anyway.Well Gain the Confidence!! This is unnacceptable because no one should make fun of anyone as everyone isnt perfect. U CANT LET THEM KEEP GOING LIKE THIS BRO TELL SOMEONE! Trust me you will feel lots better without the bullying

TealArms
24-10-2005, 08:26 PM
dude, thx for ur support but i bet u fell a lil bit better u said this on here, and u will feel a hole lot better if u open upto someone, like ur mum or dad or someone

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:27 PM
dude, thx for ur support but i bet u fell a lil bit better u said this on here, and u will feel a hole lot better if u open upto someone, like ur mum or dad or someone

It is easy to talk on here, as most people understand and I don't have to worry about if it "got out" because you do not know who I am.

Catchy
Don't kill your self, who ever said that is right think of your family and friends. Don't let the bullys win. Do you have learning mentors in your school? If so do you have one?

ITradeRSforHabo
dude, thx for ur support but i bet u fell a lil bit better u said this on here, and u will feel a hole lot better if u open upto someone, like ur mum or dad or someone Yes very much..

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Not that i have been bullyed before but it must be horrible for you, i hope you can short it out!

ITradeRSforHabo
24-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Not that i have been bullyed before but it must be horrible for you, i hope you can short it out! I have. People make fun of me saying wheres ur bra? go wear a bra! ur T*** are too big ! :( I hate being obesce..

NekkLe
24-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I really hate any type of bullying, I can't stand it. You shouldn't stand for Bullies, they usually have nothing else in there miserable lifes to do with them selves, so they result in hurting someone else.

You can't think negative anymore, it stops here! Thinking negative is almost like digging yourself a deeper whole making it impossible for yourself to get out it.
You need to let out your pain, confronting your parents is a good thing, I know it sounds difficult to tell anyone but you have to fight yourself through your pain.
Don't result to 'ending your life' Lifes important and so are you, you can't let others ruin it for you, you are who you are.

Honestly, informing someone will help, theres no way you can keep such negative thoughts in your head, its not healthy.

I think you should sign up at a GYM. Sounds silly but here me out. Physical exercise is good for releasing stress and by the sounds of it, you need it.
Going to a GYM will help you gain confidence in yourself, you'll meet new people, you'll start to live a happier life because you are doing something with yourself.
Usually, staying inside alot can make you less confident, you have to take that step.

I hope this helps in any way, I'm open to PM's because I'm here to help. I would really like to help sort the matter out for you but you know...
Honestly though, become a member at your local GYM, it will help you alot, it will help you clear your mind from negativity.

Regards,

#NekkLe

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:38 PM
It must be awful! :(

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I really hate any type of bullying, I can't stand it. You shouldn't stand for Bullies, they usually have nothing else in there miserable lifes to do with them selves, so they result in hurting someone else.

You can't think negative anymore, it stops here! Thinking negative is almost like digging yourself a deeper whole making it impossible for yourself to get out it.
You need to let out your pain, confronting your parents is a good thing, I know it sounds difficult to tell anyone but you have to fight yourself through your pain.
Don't result to 'ending your life' Lifes important and so are you, you can't let others ruin it for you, you are who you are.

Honestly, informing someone will help, theres no way you can keep such negative thoughts in your head, its not healthy.

I think you should sign up at a GYM. Sounds silly but here me out. Physical exercise is good for releasing stress and by the sounds of it, you need it.
Going to a GYM will help you gain confidence in yourself, you'll meet new people, you'll start to live a happier life because you are doing something with yourself.
Usually, staying inside alot can make you less confident, you have to take that step.

I hope this helps in any way, I'm open to PM's because I'm here to help. I would really like to help sort the matter out for you but you know...
Honestly though, become a member at your local GYM, it will help you alot, it will help you clear your mind from negativity.

Regards,

#NekkLe

Thanks for that post. Somehow I have to confront my parents but I think they would be mad at me because they would have to deal with it.

ITradeRSforHabo
24-10-2005, 08:42 PM
No they wont be mad. they might be a little frustrated because u didn't come to them at an earlier time. Okay put yourself in a parents shoes. Pretend you have a child and you love him dearly and he is in the same position as you are. Would u want him to resume the position he is in? or u think he should tell someone? Dude, think about that real hard man..

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:42 PM
They shoulden't be mad at you just go " Mum dad i have somthing to tell you: I am being bullyed at school! And it's realy hurting me inside :( " It should all be fine

TealArms
24-10-2005, 08:44 PM
just rember we are here fo u dude! no matter what

NekkLe
24-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that post. Somehow I have to confront my parents but I think they would be mad at me because they would have to deal with it.
Look, your parents will deal with this. The whole matter is that your so upset that your fearing your own life.
I don't think in anyway your parents will be annoyed with you, infact, if you told them, the support you'll get will be amazing. Your parents will give anything for you to be happy, they wouldn't be comfortable with you being unhappy and especially when someone else is ruining it for you.

I urge you to tell them, they will understand you more than anyone else will. Take you time with things, but I think you should be using your time now to tell them, you'll sleep better :)

Catchy
24-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Exactly. Just tell them!

$@m
24-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Tell your mum and dad right now. What you waiting for? GO! Tell them what you have just wrote in this post!

Shampoo
24-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Dude if your going to kill yourself why dont you go and beat them up thats what id do, then they wont bully you, trust me just go out and beat them down man

Bear-Max
24-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Don't end your life. It really isn't worth it. If you think that telling them could put them through stress, killing yourself is only going to do the same but tenfold. Suicide is the easy way out, and it's everyone else that will suffer because of it.

If you don't feel you can bring yourself to tell your parents face to face; write them a letter, let them see this thread, anything. Trust me when I say that telling them will only reap good things.

Another thing that may help us to help you is by telling us what exactly the nature of the bullying is. Is there a particular reason they call you names, and what names do they call you? If you don't want to tell, that's fine, but it really would help.

Good luck <3

HelpMe
24-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Don't end your life. It really isn't worth it. If you think that telling them could put them through stress, killing yourself is only going to do the same but tenfold. Suicide is the easy way out, and it's everyone else that will suffer because of it.

If you don't feel you can bring yourself to tell your parents face to face; write them a letter, let them see this thread, anything. Trust me when I say that telling them will only reap good things.

Another thing that may help us to help you is by telling us what exactly the nature of the bullying is. Is there a particular reason they call you names, and what names do they call you? If you don't want to tell, that's fine, but it really would help.

Good luck <3

They just pick on me whenever they have the chance. I'm do not have a dissability or anything.

The best way I can think of is getting my parents to see my post in this thread, but.. I just cant go down and say "i need you to read something".

This is really hard.

Dude if your going to kill yourself why dont you go and beat them up thats what id do, then they wont bully you, trust me just go out and beat them down man

I think i'll ignore that post. I'm not phiscally (and mentally) strong.

NekkLe
24-10-2005, 09:39 PM
They just pick on me whenever they have the chance. I'm do not have a dissability or anything.

The best way I can think of is getting my parents to see my post in this thread, but.. I just cant go down and say "i need you to read something".

This is really hard.

I think i'll ignore that post. I'm not phiscally (and mentally) strong.
Trust me, telling your parents will be your best choice, its a start. You've got to get into a routine of helping yourself now, its going to be tough but if you keep your mind stuck to it, you'll get through it.
My parents always help me if I'm in trouble, they'll throw you a life line to help you all they can! Use that life line and beat your pain.

#NekkLe

GoldSolid
24-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in or not. I have just registered this username because I feel uncomfortable about posting this with my regular forum name (which I have 4000+ posts with and is known around the forum).

Ok, I'm in year 11. I have been bullied for most of my life. I have never told my parents anything about how I'm treated at school. The teachers are blind too it aswell.

The bullying is mostly verbal (name calling, constant abuse, etc) bullying. Because of this, I have very few friends. I can't bare it anymore. I can't do anything, as they are alot "harder" than me, and telling teachers in the past has got me nowhere. The same things happen everyday. I get called names (no idea why), I get my stuff stolen in some cases, etc.

I am going to have to make a decision very soon. Either I get help or I end my life. This has scarred me, and I cannot face it anymore. I am ready to end my life if changes are not made. I have no confidence anymore. I find it very hard to go out. No-one knows about this and how I feel. I cry at night, thinking of the abuse I would get the next day. Thinking of ways to prevent it (hurting myself, thinking of ways to end my life). I sometimes think to myself "theres only one year left to cope with" - but I don't think I'm strong enough anymore.

Thanks for reading.

Damn, dude, this has touched me just reading it... I'm really sorry for you..

Tell your parents... Ask if you can move school, I dont suggest standing up to them if they are 'harder' than you. You should tell your parents, everything what has happened and how you feel, I know how you feel, most people who get bullied dont want to tell their parents as it will 'embarrase' them or make themselfs look stupid. It WONT make you look stupid, If your parents love you and care for you, they will try their hardest to move you away from these bullies or sort somthing out.

Please contact me in PM's if anything else happens.. I'd like you to keep me informed with everything what happens.

Life doesnt always revolve round school, instead of crying yourself to sleep you could think about the fun you can have with your family.

Dont try anything stupid, dont even self harm yourself.. It wont make you feel better..

If you want I could find you some helpline numbers and send them to you in a private message?
Dont kill yourself either. Just think about how the people who really love you, care for you. Just imagine how you would feel.
Thing about what you can do when you leave school.

PLEASE, PLEASE keep me informed on what else happens. I'd like to talk to you more about this.. And remember just to ask if you need any helpline numbers i'd be happy to google some up for you..

David~

Owen
24-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Tell your mum
this guy like 4 years older than me tried to beat me up
But i told my mum like a good boy and she went out and threatened him O.o
But now hes scared of me
barharhar

Re101
25-10-2005, 12:06 PM

NO DONT GET AS BAD AS THEM !
MAYBE WRITING A NOTE TO YOUR PARENTS MAY HELP AS U WONT HAVE TO CONFRONT THEM

NekkLe
25-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Tell your mum
But now hes scared of me
barharhar
Lol^ thats how my mum or dad would react if someone was bullying or in any way assulting me :p
"Your mother is a Nutter!"

TealArms
25-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Tell your mum
But now hes scared of me
barharhar
but ur just doing what u were scared of

HelpMe
25-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm trying to tell my parents but its hard.

RedStratocas
25-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Im going to put stuff down that people may not have said or that you havent heard already a million times.

Hmm. Well you shouldnt let it get to you. If someone has said something to you that makes you feel embarrassed or hurt, dont think about it in an hour, or two hours, or tommorrow, or ever again. People only want to think that something they have said or done has affected your life in some major way. It makes people feel important, if its good or bad. Happyness is the best revenge, and thats true. Once I was being picked on by a few kids in the back of the room, one threw a pencil at me. It hit the back of my head, I picked it up without looking at them and said "Finally, a pencil". Now the kid didnt have one and got a detention for being unprepared. The last part might not happen, but I think you see the point.

So what Im saying is, people give up very easily. If you dont let it bother you, dont let it get to you and ignore all those bad things that happen, people will think "Damn, Im not annoying him" and move on to someone else. Stupid chain, but it works.

Another thing is you need to come up with comebacks, and comebacks to comebacks. Just jot some down and remember them. Memorize them, say them out loud to practice. I used to be so shut down when I got name called. I always thought of good comebacks later, so one day I just wrote a lot of good ones down. Anything someone says to me now, I can just throw something much worse in their face. It might seem stupid, but no one messes with anyone who can even remotely insult you back. And try to think of funny comebacks, those get to bullies more because other people around laugh. If you cant think of one that suits the situation, say their insult is old or stupid or doesnt make sense and laugh at it. (Ill post some good ones if you need them)

Dont keep your head down or facing the ground. 1- This makes you seem depressed and easily hurtable and 2- it makes you seem smaller. Trust me, this helps a lot.

If you think you are losing the friends you have, try to see them and talk to them more. Usually people dont pick on people in groups. This also could lead you to more friends. Like a connection, your friend has a friend you meet, then you become friends ect.

Show people you arent afraid. I know you said you dont like going out because of it, but do it. It shows people that you arent afraid, that you dont care what they say, you will live your life.

Ok, some good things to remember:

People dont like people who are depressed, thats the truth. Even if you arent really happy, at least act it. If you had to choose friends between someone happy and someone depressed, you would choose the happy person, and there are a lot more than 2 choices in a school

Eventually, you will be the boss of the bully. Might sound wierd, but the people with the most success in life were picked on as kids. Bill Gates was once even sent to the hospital after getting beat up. Bullies get no where.

RyAzIzErE
26-10-2005, 08:14 PM

Thanks for reading.

I feel for you

ending your life will solve your problems but won't stop the BUllys!

I advise for you to tell your Parents and Speak to your School Concillor or EWO(Educational Welfare Officer)

ending your life won't solve anything Please please don't

brunojrthechao
28-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Im going to put stuff down that people may not have said or that you havent heard already a million times.

Hmm. Well you shouldnt let it get to you. If someone has said something to you that makes you feel embarrassed or hurt, dont think about it in an hour, or two hours, or tommorrow, or ever again. People only want to think that something they have said or done has affected your life in some major way. It makes people feel important, if its good or bad. Happyness is the best revenge, and thats true. Once I was being picked on by a few kids in the back of the room, one threw a pencil at me. It hit the back of my head, I picked it up without looking at them and said "Finally, a pencil". Now the kid didnt have one and got a detention for being unprepared. The last part might not happen, but I think you see the point.

So what Im saying is, people give up very easily. If you dont let it bother you, dont let it get to you and ignore all those bad things that happen, people will think "Damn, Im not annoying him" and move on to someone else. Stupid chain, but it works.

Another thing is you need to come up with comebacks, and comebacks to comebacks. Just jot some down and remember them. Memorize them, say them out loud to practice. I used to be so shut down when I got name called. I always thought of good comebacks later, so one day I just wrote a lot of good ones down. Anything someone says to me now, I can just throw something much worse in their face. It might seem stupid, but no one messes with anyone who can even remotely insult you back. And try to think of funny comebacks, those get to bullies more because other people around laugh. If you cant think of one that suits the situation, say their insult is old or stupid or doesnt make sense and laugh at it. (Ill post some good ones if you need them)

Dont keep your head down or facing the ground. 1- This makes you seem depressed and easily hurtable and 2- it makes you seem smaller. Trust me, this helps a lot.

If you think you are losing the friends you have, try to see them and talk to them more. Usually people dont pick on people in groups. This also could lead you to more friends. Like a connection, your friend has a friend you meet, then you become friends ect.

Show people you arent afraid. I know you said you dont like going out because of it, but do it. It shows people that you arent afraid, that you dont care what they say, you will live your life.

Ok, some good things to remember:

People dont like people who are depressed, thats the truth. Even if you arent really happy, at least act it. If you had to choose friends between someone happy and someone depressed, you would choose the happy person, and there are a lot more than 2 choices in a school

Eventually, you will be the boss of the bully. Might sound wierd, but the people with the most success in life were picked on as kids. Bill Gates was once even sent to the hospital after getting beat up. Bullies get no where.

Ive been in the exact same situation but for different reasons.

I was pretty popular, ok I wasnt mr cool but I wasnt beeing picked on at all and then my mum died.

I think my dad sent me back to school abit early and I was crying all the time being upset etc. Then they saw the weakness, it all started...

And worse of all some of these people were my previous friends, though the 'ring leader' was one brick ****house who mainly did it all, the others mainly just went along because they feared they would be next.

and the worst bitof all I gave in most of the time and it did affect me, all through year 7 I was a depressed little ******, having counslers (Sp?) coming round trying to get me to 'show emotion' every omth or so about my mom being dead didnt help my emotional stability either.

Then in year 8, the whole 'my mom is dead' thing went away so I started to think more about how to stop this.

Now in year 10, belive it or not Im part of their crew now. Having quite a good time aswell, but one thing I revuse to take part in is when they bully someone else. Though I dont stand up for the person, I never take any part in any of it.

All of you say that people bully because their pathetic little morons with no lives, thats far from it. Sheer bordum is the main cause. out crew never bullys people when were doing something fun, its usualy when were bored as hell aznd need something to do.

My advice is to laugh it off, if the bully knows that its not affecting you, even if it is. DONT SHOW IT iot just encourages him to do it more and more and more. Its what I did, though people do pick on me occationaly, its not anything to even think about.

Also about the comebacks, this usualy dosent work and encorages it more becuase 'your getting gobby' just laugh it off, worked for me.

Dust-Ball.
28-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Right Ok,
I used To be Bullied, I Tried To End My Life (Standing Infront Of A Bus) But I Was Stopped. I Was Put On A Reffural Sceam. If I Was You i Would Phoen Child Line And TELL Your Parents

manga21
28-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Maybye Poeple have said this over and Over Tell your Mum and Dad best Thing to Do, I Know its hard,. But I think its the best way, As The teachers Ect will take notice of your Mum and Dad Whitch is true In most cases, But I Cant and Most of Us In here Stress How Important to tell you Mum and Dad In This Cases I Know, It will be ahrd to tell them, But You Know the best way to do this is most Probs , After you come in from school normaly your mum or dad will say how was school and you can say IT jsut horrible and stuff and tell them because your Been Bullied you know i Hope this kind of helped

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!