PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] is this a scam?

Assid_Rane
27-10-2005, 05:17 AM
ok, i was just talkin to a girl on msn + she is on habbo.... someone gave her their account as they were leaving. they gave her all the details for the account and she has now changed them all. but a friend of the person that gave her an account keeps telling her to put furni on that account...
is there anyway that this could be a scam? cud this person regain the account after she puts furni on it?

jedi.warrior
27-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Do not do this at all. If you have done so already get your furniture back now. YES they can get any account back aslong as they have the very first email the account was signed on with, they have a way to get it back. DO NOT DO IT!!!

Assid_Rane
27-10-2005, 05:55 AM
its not me doing it. its my friend. i told her not to do anything untill i have posted on here + found out about it tho.

how do they get it back?

jedi.warrior
27-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Because they had the original email they can request to have the email of the account changed back at any time. Basically when an email is changed, 2 automated messages are sent out:

. hello. you requested an email change. please confirm by clicking this provided link

. your habbo account has requested an email change. If this was not your doing, and you would like your email changed back to your original one (the one reading it), please click the provided link.

They can use the 2nd option to get the account back at any time. So I would advise your friend put nothing on there at all

Assid_Rane
27-10-2005, 09:23 AM
ok. thank you. shes offline now, but i told her what you said earlier anyway.

thanx for the help + rep

jedi.warrior
27-10-2005, 09:28 AM
ok. thank you. shes offline now, but i told her what you said earlier anyway.

thanx for the help + rep

:o coolies. ty very much for da rep :)

NOTTSPANTHER
27-10-2005, 07:18 PM
ok, i was just talkin to a girl on msn + she is on habbo.... someone gave her their account as they were leaving. they gave her all the details for the account and she has now changed them all. but a friend of the person that gave her an account keeps telling her to put furni on that account...
is there anyway that this could be a scam? cud this person regain the account after she puts furni on it?

Hmm if shes gone on it and the real owner reports it stolen then both of them will get Permed banned.

jedi.warrior
28-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Hmm if shes gone on it and the real owner reports it stolen then both of them will get Permed banned.

true. Didn't think of that ^_^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!