PDA

View Full Version : The Debates Sub-Forum Above......(mods please read :D)

Forest-Law
28-10-2005, 07:46 PM
posted in: NEVER. could be realy interesting so heres my idea for it;

1) a thread is created where people put their names forward to take place in debates

2) the mod of the sub-forum picks 2 members who have entered

3) a thread is created with the title - Forest Law vs *whoever* and a question given to that thread (for instance MORALS - Death Penalty - for or against etc etc etc - OR ENTERTAINMENT - should the world be less harsh to MJ or does he deserve it...or something like that :rolleyes: )

4) thats it really. perhaps each the thread could be given a deadline and then the other members of the forum vote for who they think who won the debate and then maybe a championship or something (i'm sure u mods can sort that out though :D :D )

and obviously the thread will be restricted to those two users only (again mods can handle this)

-=- its just that whenever i enter the discuss... sub-forum i always see it and its closed and its never been posted in and its been like that for months.

thx.
forest-law.
~FL

Baving
28-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Even though the debates forum is there and is never posted in i am sure it is for a good reason! If not it would not be there :)

Moderators have not got the power to edit forums etc. You are best waiting to see if a administrators looks / replys to this topic.

Mentor
29-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Even though the debates forum is there and is never posted in i am sure it is for a good reason! If not it would not be there :)

Moderators have not got the power to edit forums etc. You are best waiting to see if a administrators looks / replys to this topic.
actaly, its becuse (i feel old) this forum used to be a debates forum, and had many open debates, but someone annoying complained, that it was proper offcial debating rules or style, so this fourm was convered, and that one was added later when re asked for with the promis of some offical deabtes being held there.
That all happened, nearly a year ago lol thogh "/
Still i would rather it was just opened up and used for Open debates, when a topic is posted and anyone who cairs can post there thoghts, ideas of belifes on a subject and responce to other peoples, and have theres responed to equaly on interesting and improtant issues "/

$@m
29-10-2005, 12:12 PM
posted in: NEVER. could be realy interesting so heres my idea for it;

1) a thread is created where people put their names forward to take place in debates

2) the mod of the sub-forum picks 2 members who have entered

3) a thread is created with the title - Forest Law vs *whoever* and a question given to that thread (for instance MORALS - Death Penalty - for or against etc etc etc - OR ENTERTAINMENT - should the world be less harsh to MJ or does he deserve it...or something like that :rolleyes: )

4) thats it really. perhaps each the thread could be given a deadline and then the other members of the forum vote for who they think who won the debate and then maybe a championship or something (i'm sure u mods can sort that out though :D :D )

and obviously the thread will be restricted to those two users only (again mods can handle this)

-=- its just that whenever i enter the discuss... sub-forum i always see it and its closed and its never been posted in and its been like that for months.

thx.
forest-law.
~FL

Good Idea ...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!