PDA

View Full Version : - Is it bad to exercise on an empty stomach? -

Pulchritudinous
29-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Lately I've been going running for about 20 minutes every morning, before eating breakfast, is it bad to do this?

NekkLe
29-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Exercising on an empty stomach burns your existing body fat, resulting in loosing more weight.
I always hear people talking about this, but I'm very sure that if your determined to loose weight, before exercising, don't eat anything.
Some may disagree, I did but when you think about it, if you have an empty stomach, all your going to burn is stored fat that covers parts of your body etc...

After exercise on a empty stomach, its good to eat meat, consists of needed fats, protein, iron depending on what meat you eat. I've been doing exactly what you have for a few weeks and I'm starting to notice the difference.

Hope this helps.

#NekkLe

$@m
29-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Usually I do jogging/press ups, as soon as I get up. I then find that I build a bigger appetite :)

Pulchritudinous
29-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Omg I never knew that you could lose weight.
Lol I'll just carry on doing it then, I thought it would just tone up my legs, but if I'll loose weight too then thats prettay nifty!

Mentor
29-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I havent realy got much of a clue on this, but i wouldnt think it would do any harm "/
Nekkle sounds like the one to listen to on this "/

NekkLe
29-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Lol ^^

Well if you break a sweat then yeh, you will loose weight, when I go jogging, I wear 2 layers of clothing so it makes me sweat more :)

People used to train or exercise wrapped in clingfilm, Lol but that would make you sweat loads.

Dan Williamson
29-10-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree with Nekkle, i shouldn't think it will do any harm whatsoever.

Bodice
29-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I go running for 30 minutes on a morning before eating breakfast and i've found no problems with it. I used to feel sick when i came back but that was when i first started doing it and i wasn't used to it.

deltateamaplha
29-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Lol ^^

Well if you break a sweat then yeh, you will loose weight, when I go jogging, I wear 2 layers of clothing so it makes me sweat more :)

People used to train or exercise wrapped in clingfilm, Lol but that would make you sweat loads.
you must stink by the end of your jog.

Miny-R
29-10-2005, 04:54 PM
errm
No not really
i dont think
its probably worse going AFTER food

ssricky
29-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Lately I've been going running for about 20 minutes every morning, before eating breakfast, is it bad to do this?
the best thing to do is to run on a empty stomach then work out then eat alot of protein like eggs or chicken or sausages or a protein shake this helps u burn off fat and gain muscle mass cuz the protein adds on to ur muscles

Dan Williamson
29-10-2005, 10:23 PM
errm
No not really
i dont think
its probably worse going AFTER food

I agree as all the food particles are breaking up in your system and you have more chance of throwing them back up or collapsing while they're still dissolving in your body.

- Dan

NekkLe
29-10-2005, 10:59 PM
you must stink by the end of your jog.
Oh, why thankyou, I'll take that as a compliment? ;) I do put deodrant on, I don't like to smell, but its natural so hey :)

Chicken and Fish are a good consumption after a run. I don't think Sausages would be a good source of protein.

I normally have Chicken or fish with some pasta, carbs dissolve into stored body fat, needed for energy and Chicken and Fish for the protein and the other stuff thats in it :)

Pulchritudinous
30-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Oh, why thankyou, I'll take that as a compliment? ;) I do put deodrant on, I don't like to smell, but its natural so hey :)

Chicken and Fish are a good consumption after a run. I don't think Sausages would be a good source of protein.

I normally have Chicken or fish with some pasta, carbs dissolve into stored body fat, needed for energy and Chicken and Fish for the protein and the other stuff thats in it :)

Jesus, no offence, but..are you like a health freek or something?!

NekkLe
30-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Rofl...I took P.E for my GCSE's and done well in it ;) And from my class, I think I listened the most.
I enjoy all different kinds of sports and I suppose thats what makes my knowledge about fitness quite good :)
I like to help too.

Dan Williamson
30-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Don't diss the health freaks LOL, I take care of my body also i eat very healthily and later on in life it will be a huge advantage.

- Dan

joe:-,
31-10-2005, 12:43 AM
i would think it would be

Pulchritudinous
31-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Don't diss the health freaks LOL, I take care of my body also i eat very healthily and later on in life it will be a huge advantage.

- Dan

I take care of my health, but one of my friends spends the whole day worrying about fat contents and stuff, lifes too short to worry too much!

Dan Williamson
31-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I take care of my health, but one of my friends spends the whole day worrying about fat contents and stuff, lifes too short to worry too much!

I also agree with that, i don't worry about what i eat, i merely take some time to prepare a well cooked and well produced meal that is healthy.

I don't like weigh everything out or check fat contents lol thats a bit sad "/

- Dan

NekkLe
31-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Whoa, I'm not that depressing about my health, Lol, I pretty much eat anything that I feel like. I just makesure I keep fit by running every other night and making sure I do my sit ups and press ups etc...
I don't play alot of football anymore so I tend to keep myself fit my own way in my own time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!