PDA

View Full Version : How Habbox Has Effected Habbo

Gottomi
10-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I have been on habbo many years, and when I first began rare trading was much simpler.

- Throne = Slowly and Stedily going up

- All 25 Cred Rares = A little less then a Hc sofa

Back then, Most rares that had been in the catalog were all about the same price, a little less then a hc sofa.

I, personally, found rare trading a lot more enjoyable when it was only people who had been on habbo a while who were rare trading.

With Habbox, new, unexpierianced habbos make rare trading annoying. You used to have to learn from trading mistakes to get better at it, but now all you have to do is look at Habbox.

I appreciate Habbox being here because I do not come on habbo as much nowadays and it gives me an idea of what things are worth, but for habbox to say they are not controlling rare values is kind of rediculas. Most rare traders are new habbos, so they refer to Habbox regularly. I know you dont have to go off the prices they list, but what they dont relize is that as soon as they say a rare is going up, most people will follow that pattern. Habbox creats the trend that decides whats going up and whats going down. It may not seem like it controlls rare values, but indirectly it dose.

I'd bet you anything that if Habbox had never started listing Rare Values habbo would be the same it used to be. Thrones slowly and stedilly going up, and most 25 cred rares a little less then a hc, the way it was when I found habbo a little bit more enjoyable and definantly less stressful.

Im not trying to say you should close the Rare Values section of Habbox, but I think you should relize that you have total controll over the rare prices in habbo. I do see how you would belive it is being helpful to less expierianced rare traders, but I belive making bad trades is part of becoming a better rare trader.

Please dont take this as me trying to get you to close the Rare Values page. Im just trying to make a point. :)

smallBOY68
10-07-2004, 12:15 PM
me loads of trobel at first notthing then 4 hc sofas some how it took me about 6 months and i swaped for green birdbath then they rise up 2 seven then drop to 2.5 i swaped for loads of norms and 2 hcs

:Illusion
10-07-2004, 12:36 PM
They have control over what they put on the values page yeah...but they don't have control over who follows what's on it an who doesn't.

People (not you) are always quick to moan about the people who say "no im not tradin for that habbox says it's worth more/less!" an then they start their silly little protests an rooms against the site without realisin that it's not the sites fault if people use the guide, its there to help with some things but not to be read like a bible an if some people do that, then it's their fault an not habbox's.

The whole point of that load of babble :D = if you've got a problem with what people want for their rares an you don't wanna pay it, moan at them not habbox who are only trying to help cos it flies in one ear an straight out the other :eusa_booh

Gottomi
10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
I know that Habbox is trying to be helpful, and in some cases, they are, but they don't seem to relize the compleat controll they have over rare trading.

You say that its the fault of the people that use the habbox rare values too often, but the truth is, they dont have a choice.

With all the unexpierianced rare traders turning to habbox for help, we have to turn to habbox too, because whatever habbox says, goes. If we dont make sure something isn't going to suddenly drop, we lose horribly like the many habbos lost with the parasols.

It's almost like a cycle

- Habbox post rare values, not to be controlling, but to try to help

- Unexpierianced traders (or newbies) turn to habbox for help

- Because there are more newbies then long time traders, long time traders have to follow habbox also or else they will lose furni in trade because thats all the newbies follow.

- People begin to hate habbox for giving information that is supposed to be learned from years of rare trading to newbies. When newbies have this information we have no choice but to trade with the values that newbies seem to be ture because they red it on habbox.

That is how Habbox controlls rare trading.

I know you say you are trying to help, and to the newbies you are, but to the people who have been on habbo for years becoming expierianced rare trader, they are ruining rare trading by making it more stressfull then fun and riskfull that is rare trading.

You can say all you want about habbox not controlling rare values, but they do indirectly.

Please don't think im anti-habbox, because im not. Habbox has helped me many occasions, but that wasn't from the rare trading. I turn to habbox mainly for the great news they bring. :)

10-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Habbox reports on what they see people trading for their rares. If it's more/less than usual then they tell us. If they didn't...it'd just take us a little longer to find out that the price has dropped or risen.

People copy people on Habbo, if they see someone offer so many HCs for another rare then they run to another room an ask for the same amount until they find someone who'll pay that. An that's when Habbox tells us about the price change...when it's already happened, so they aren't controllin it, they're just tellin us sooner than we'd find out if there was no guide, about the prices of things. Because some people haven't seen others asking for what's on the values page yet, they automatically think that Habbox is controllin it to their advantage.

With or without the rare guide, trading wouldn't change. Nothin can stop people wantin more for their rares an nothing can stop people offerin less for them. If someone doesn't like what someone wants for their rare because they're asking for what's on Habbox, then instead of runnin around screamin you hate Habbox like a little girl...don't trade, go an find someone who'll accept what you wanna pay for it while you can cos you'll soon see that everyones asking for what the person you turned away was asking for.

doraemonkiller
10-07-2004, 03:46 PM
beoz of you habbox 'rare value' the rare furni is starting rise and drop !!
we are playing in the 'value' ,not fun anymore !
we have to listen the value !
becoz of rare value in habbox ,alot people buy thrones and rise them and get alot profit becoz of u habbox (not only thrones)
becoz of habbox rare value the rare is not balance !
is so sad with habbox value :mad:

doraemonkiller
10-07-2004, 03:48 PM
if the value is correct we won't anti habbox

EDITED BY K@boom - FORUM MODERATOR
YOU HAVE BROKEN THE RULES.
*Please do not double post, simply edit your previous post.
*Also Note: There are no such thing as correct values. You have your own interpretation of them like everyone else. Therefore can never be a correct value that everyone is happy about.
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE RULES, ALSO READ THE RULES FOR EACH TOPIC IF THE TOPIC HAS ANY
http://www.habbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4260
ALSO GO TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT I MADE WHICH ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT RARE VALUES:
http://www.habbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

10-07-2004, 03:49 PM
beoz of you habbox 'rare value' the rare furni is starting rise and drop !!
we are playing in the 'value' ,not fun anymore !
we have to listen the value !
becoz of rare value in habbox ,alot people buy thrones and rise them and get alot profit becoz of u habbox (not only thrones)
becoz of habbox rare value the rare is not balance !
is so sad with habbox value :mad:

:confused: The whole point of tradin is to try an get a profit. Ofcourse things are gonna drop an rise, if it stayed the same all the time it'd become borin an easy to get what you wanted. It's not Habbox's fault people want more for their stuff, they're just tellin us about it, not makin random prices up to annoy everyone.

Gottomi
10-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Your not listening to what im saying.

I rare traded in habbo for a full year before Habbox rare values were around,

and like I said earlier, it was much more simplistic.

Rare values are so confusing nowadays, and that mainly has to do with people following the people that follow the rare values of Habbox.

Yes, rare prices drop and rise, even without habbox.

But when they used to drop before the habbox rare values, it took a long time, like a month or so.

Nowadays, with habbox, as soon as they see habbox starting to drop it the value of that rare plumets very very quickly.

That goes for when rares begin to rise also.

Im just saying that when Habbox rare values wern't around, I found rare trading much more enjoyable and extreamly less stressful. :eusa_naug

GELHEAD2004
10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok ill say this again!!!!
Habbox reports genuine values not FAKE!
U dont like the values dont use them
I dont think there going anywhere so get uset to it!

Gottomi
10-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Ok ill say this again!!!!
Habbox reports genuine values not FAKE!
U dont like the values dont use them
I dont think there going anywhere so get uset to it!

You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?

I explained that I don't want to use them, but I have no choice!

If I dont, I will lose furni because Habbox's influence is so strong of what goes up and what goes down.

GELHEAD2004
10-07-2004, 09:12 PM
yer i did u moaning about it but u still use habbox......Quit moaning....

doraemonkiller
11-07-2004, 01:36 AM
OMG ,do u know we must follow habbox value !

do u think we like to use habbox ,we been forced to use it :(

if the rare value site is close ,is more fun in trade .So why dun u close it ?
close rare value only , not super rare

11-07-2004, 01:50 AM
OMG ,do u know we must follow habbox value !

do u think we like to use habbox ,we been forced to use it :(

if the rare value site is close ,is more fun in trade .So why dun u close it ?
close rare value only , not super rare

Your forced to use it? So sierk follows you around habbo givin you death threats if you don't look at it? :rolleyes: If you don't agree with what's on there, don't use it, simple :) The price of things are still gonna change if it's not there, an it helps alot of people who are new to tradin so why should they change the site just to please a few people who don't understand that habbox is only tellin us about price changes that have already happened :confused:

Gottomi
11-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Your forced to use it? So sierk follows you around habbo givin you death threats if you don't look at it? :rolleyes: If you don't agree with what's on there, don't use it, simple :) The price of things are still gonna change if it's not there, an it helps alot of people who are new to tradin so why should they change the site just to please a few people who don't understand that habbox is only tellin us about price changes that have already happened :confused:

We HAVE to use it because all the majority of unexpierianced traders use it.

When most people use it, the people that don't use it HAVE to use it because thats what the majority of people will think the values are.

You arn't thinking deep enough. :rolleyes:

sierk
11-07-2004, 10:11 AM
that is why we removed the trend symbols (arrows), we had the feeling ppl were following habbox too much when it said a particular furni was going up or down.

also i think you dont see the change that was happening. at one point there were sooo many rares, that it was impossible for 90% of ppl to keep up with their value, and therefor trading was very chaotic. some ppl would sell furni much cheaper than what it was worth, and others would ask much more than what it was worth. of course this was a great climate to make a lot of easy profit by trading, but in the end it was much harder, and took much more time to get a rare for a decent prize. for example now if you want a thronesofa, you just offer .5 hc more than habbox says (if the value is updated) and then you'll get it in say 10 mins. but before habbox it would have taken ages to find somebody who actually knew that what you offer is .5 hc more than the value.

I have been on habbo many years, and when I first began rare trading was much simpler.

- Throne = Slowly and Stedily going up

- All 25 Cred Rares = A little less then a Hc sofa

Back then, Most rares that had been in the catalog were all about the same price, a little less then a hc sofa.

I, personally, found rare trading a lot more enjoyable when it was only people who had been on habbo a while who were rare trading.

With Habbox, new, unexpierianced habbos make rare trading annoying. You used to have to learn from trading mistakes to get better at it, but now all you have to do is look at Habbox.

I appreciate Habbox being here because I do not come on habbo as much nowadays and it gives me an idea of what things are worth, but for habbox to say they are not controlling rare values is kind of rediculas. Most rare traders are new habbos, so they refer to Habbox regularly. I know you dont have to go off the prices they list, but what they dont relize is that as soon as they say a rare is going up, most people will follow that pattern. Habbox creats the trend that decides whats going up and whats going down. It may not seem like it controlls rare values, but indirectly it dose.

I'd bet you anything that if Habbox had never started listing Rare Values habbo would be the same it used to be. Thrones slowly and stedilly going up, and most 25 cred rares a little less then a hc, the way it was when I found habbo a little bit more enjoyable and definantly less stressful.

Im not trying to say you should close the Rare Values section of Habbox, but I think you should relize that you have total controll over the rare prices in habbo. I do see how you would belive it is being helpful to less expierianced rare traders, but I belive making bad trades is part of becoming a better rare trader.

Please dont take this as me trying to get you to close the Rare Values page. Im just trying to make a point. :)

11-07-2004, 11:13 AM
We HAVE to use it because all the majority of unexpierianced traders use it.

When most people use it, the people that don't use it HAVE to use it because thats what the majority of people will think the values are.

You arn't thinking deep enough. :rolleyes:

I think i am :rolleyes: not everyone on Habbo uses Habbox so if you don't like that someone your tradin uses the rare guide then don't trade them :eusa_booh

Gottomi
11-07-2004, 11:30 AM
that is why we removed the trend symbols (arrows), we had the feeling ppl were following habbox too much when it said a particular furni was going up or down.

also i think you dont see the change that was happening. at one point there were sooo many rares, that it was impossible for 90% of ppl to keep up with their value, and therefor trading was very chaotic. some ppl would sell furni much cheaper than what it was worth, and others would ask much more than what it was worth. of course this was a great climate to make a lot of easy profit by trading, but in the end it was much harder, and took much more time to get a rare for a decent prize. for example now if you want a thronesofa, you just offer .5 hc more than habbox says (if the value is updated) and then you'll get it in say 10 mins. but before habbox it would have taken ages to find somebody who actually knew that what you offer is .5 hc more than the value.

But that was part of rare trading, spending a lot of time in trade rooms gaining the experiance and knowlege of rare trading.

Yes, there were many rares, but like I said, all of the 25 cred rares were easy to keep track of because they were all worth about the same and basically all you had to watch the values for were HC rares. Thrones never went down, but instead slowly rose.

I bet that if you were to do something like drop the Throne Sofa to 4.5, It would plummet to nothing in less then a day.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!