PDA

View Full Version : Bit of Advice And why habbo did a Comp

Nisus
29-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Well Can you All Remeber where habbo did a Comp Called

* Change Pass And be enterd into a 50 creds win * somthing like that ?

Why did habbo Do this Well yesterday some one come into my room and Said
******* = My Pass 4-5 month old And my email my habbo was Registerd to

Reason : when h/k Was haked. people who hacked it got a load of printouts with everyones email And passes So if u have not changed ur pass i'd warn you to do it now because they got all Your old passes

Thats why habbo did that Comp To get as many people to change it from being haked

* Note : From this My email was haked last night from them having the info so i'd warn you about it *

Rebuild
29-10-2005, 08:03 PM
It's an interesting idea, any proof?

Nisus
29-10-2005, 08:05 PM
I would have Screenies of this Person who Had all my passes And email but i forgot to Print screen them

Rawr
29-10-2005, 08:05 PM
I changed mine.

Col
29-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Bleh, I changed mine ages ago. But thanks for the intresting information! :)

Rebuild
29-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I must've changed mine about 5 times since them. I'm weird like that.

Nisus
29-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I am just warning Most people beacuse there back with them and Trying everyones pass Also seacat should no about this because they tryed it on him

MissAlice
29-10-2005, 08:12 PM
That's real good advice. I kinda guessed that that was the reasoning behind such a competition. It tried to encourage everyone to update their pass without them having to admit the real reason behind such a competition.
Sometimes honesty is the best policy, they should of advised everyone to change their pass for the correct reasons.

Nisus
29-10-2005, 08:13 PM
i know and i think more people who of done it

Rebuild
29-10-2005, 08:30 PM
That's real good advice. I kinda guessed that that was the reasoning behind such a competition. It tried to encourage everyone to update their pass without them having to admit the real reason behind such a competition.
Sometimes honesty is the best policy, they should of advised everyone to change their pass for the correct reasons.

That's true, when the competition came out a large amount of people thought some how changing your pass will open you to being hacked, which is the complete opposite of what it probably was! Others probably didn't bother because it wasn't that urgently spoke of. You will remember Habbo covering up all the ownings of Habbo's by saying it's their responsibility and they most probably got a keylogger (Even though it was LOADS of famous Habbos). If they then stated that House Keeping was accessed they'd be contradicting themselves and would recieve futher critism.

Robbie..
29-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Habbos T&C says passwords are encrypted in MD5.

Seatherny
29-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I think most people knew that at that time
And Habbo never revealed the winner

Habbos T&C says passwords are encrypted in MD5.

Most habbo staff have already broken the T&C and i dont think its encrypted

Bear-Max
29-10-2005, 09:29 PM
I know a few people who had collected hundreds of passwords from Housekeeping.

Habbo should be honest, but they can't. They'll keep treating their users as children until it backfires on them and people lose trust.

MissAlice
29-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I know a few people who had collected hundreds of passwords from Housekeeping.

Habbo should be honest, but they can't. They'll keep treating their users as children until it backfires on them and people lose trust.

Most are children so in hiding the facts how does that protect the innocent?
If a child was told everyone has a key to their secret treasure, what would any child do? Change the lock yeah! If you told every child you MIGHT win a prize for changing the lock would they all do it? I reckon some would, and a lot wouldn't bother. They need to emphasis the importance.

Cheeseboy76
30-10-2005, 10:43 AM
:o
I changed mine ages ago
Who'd of thought that would happen :s

Baving
30-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the advice + information, but i changed my pass ages ago, did anyone actually get the 50credit prize or what ever it was?

Rashelly
30-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I haven't been on habbo for a long time...so now I'm kinda worried, trying to get on now :o
Thanks for making this thread, or I'd have never known.
EDIT: I can't even get on...that's great, isn't it? :(

Sameo
30-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Hmm thanks for that, But I have changed my pass millions of times since then LoL. They certianly should of told us the right reasons because of the fact that more people would be worried about there account and change it, Some habbos dont bother with competitons because they don't care about credits / furni and wouldn't have bothered to change there password, I didn't do mine because I was on holiday the time it happened and it was too much effort on the slow pc in greece, But luckily i wasnt hacked and i changed it anyway not long after.

FrozenWhisper
30-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I cann't change my pass cause my bro made up a fake D.O.B on my account. *curses bro* well I anit got much so it shouldn't be too big a prob.

Mexel
30-10-2005, 12:02 PM
And no one prob won any way ''/

le harry
30-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Pass been changed 3 times since then :D

[N]
30-10-2005, 12:12 PM
I got hac'ked twice this week how dumb can they get they didn't even take anything :l but i reset my pass, thanks •

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!