PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Minihotel background ptII [W.I.P]

fdb
03-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Finally placed the surrounding buildings where i want them so now i'll be adding some details here and there (trees, side roads etc).
I've included all the hotels and building links in this preview to give a better idea of how it's going to look, the large empty grey tiles in the middle of the image are left that way on purpose as i'm still working on the centerpiece building that will display various info relating to the site, the hotels are just placed roughly and will eventually get some scenery of their own so they don't stand out as much as they do now.
Still a bit of a way to go but at least the most tedious part is over now, i decided to stay clear of making the background buildings too different from each other as i'd probably still be working on it by next xmas so it may look a little "samey", hopefully this will be broken up a little once i've added the smaller stuff.

(latest stage)
http://www.freedeebloke.com/images/m...nihabcity2.gif

(Main W.I.P page)
http://www.freedeebloke.com/projectstages/minihabb.htm

Nicky
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
404 Not Found
The requested URL /images/m...nihabcity2.gif does not exist.
This is either because you typed the wrong url or the site owner being too busy playing GT4 to check his links.....

First link don't work.

Yes I liked your mini hotels from [HF] Very nice ;)

fdb
03-11-2005, 09:27 PM
404 Not Found
The requested URL /images/m...nihabcity2.gif does not exist.
This is either because you typed the wrong url or the site owner being too busy playing GT4 to check his links.....

First link don't work.

Yes I liked your mini hotels from [HF] Very nice ;)

You'll probably need to copy/paste the image link, certain isp's use a cache which would stop direct image linking, otherwise you can see the image on the main W.I.P page. :)

Wootzeh
03-11-2005, 09:28 PM
http://www.freedeebloke.com/images/mainimgs/pixels/minihabcity2.gif
Is it I think.

Makaveli
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Like I said on another forum it's great. :)

fdb
03-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Thats it, for some reason the first link didn't enter properly, dunno why but there ya go, the above image is the one i'm talking about. :)

ItsDave
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Whoa thats cool. 10/10

Emicat
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
dats awesome ^_^

-=rooty987=-
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
I personally, do not like the city. The hotels don't fit in, and it just looks to, well...I can't explain it. 10/10 for effort 7/10 for look <3

ExtraKen
05-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Looks gr8 :):)

fdb
06-11-2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.freedeebloke.com/images/mainimgs/pixels/minihabcity3.gif

Added some trees and details around everything, also made another park area.
Next task will be giving the hotels some scenery, i'm not looking to go too overboard with that though, probably something along the lines of the park type areas etc. The centerpiece building is sorta getting there although i've rebuilt parts of it several times over already so no idea when i'll get that finished, what i do know is that the screens i'm using will stay the same size so i'll be starting work on some images to display on those soon as well.

All going as it should, i'm looking to start putting this lot into Director in the next week or so, thats when the fun stuff starts! :p

Alterate
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
All your alts are quite good you have a high understanding of pixel work 9.5/10 +rep

---MAD---
06-11-2005, 06:48 PM
thats quiet good!
7/10
Alot of spaces that have nothing in them :p

Humoured
06-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeh its a bit dull maybe have a concert and parks in the spaces? 8.5/10

fdb
06-11-2005, 08:14 PM
thats quiet good!
7/10
Alot of spaces that have nothing in them :p

The larger spaces etc are explained in previous posts. ;)

There is a reason for it looking slightly "dull", if it were just going to be a static image then i would have worked a different way and made every building different, but as it's going to be the interface for a website i didn't want to spend too much time on whats basically a background image. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!