PDA

View Full Version : The End Of Libaries?

Mit
04-11-2005, 08:53 AM
It's just been announced that Microsoft are going to scan 100,000 books onto the internet. May i add they are doing it legally.

These books are out of copyright and Microsoft plan to put the on the web so people can use them for work etc. For example if your doing coursework you can take quotes from the books on the internet,

Google also plans to scan millions of books from the US's top libaries onto the web, so that includes new york's famous library. Google will also be scanning 125,000 UK books onto the web.

This may signal the end of Libraries, i mean if people can begin to start downloading books off the internet for money then is this the end of the library.

I think there will always be libraries, especially at school but if you notice schools have bigger ICT rooms than libraries.

Maybe libraries will just become more computer orientated, we'll see in the future. :)

PS its also been announced that Amazon will start selling seperate chapters online, as its actually something that many people want according to Amazon :p

ross
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Oh, that's gonna be awesome. Cheers for news.

joe:-,
04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
:o Godness

Lord Zero
04-11-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't think it will be the end of libraries. People like to use books. You can relax in a more suitable position, it's more organized than a cluster of papers. I choose books over e-books all the time.

p.s microsoft su'ck

cocaine
04-11-2005, 02:08 PM
No, they don't. It's a good idea.

Biseinen
04-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Ah well, I'll get the information one way or another...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!