PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do!

Stacey.
04-11-2005, 05:03 PM
My friend told me she was depressed today. I don't REALLY know why... I think it's about a boy she likes, but that can't be all. She was fine in first lesson, but then suddenly started moaning about how she's all depressed and want's to die... Me and my friends think her life is great, and she's got it all!
We tried talking to her, but she won't say anything, then keeps on having a go at us, saying we aren't helping her!
I don't know how to help her, any adivce would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
~Stacey

Tyed
04-11-2005, 05:05 PM
This One Is A Hard One, U Would Want 2 Give Her Space But She Might Do Something Stupid. Maybe Go The Pictures Or Have A Sleepover Make Her Feel Wanted :P

Bodice
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
You should get all your mates together and do something really special for her and to make her feel appreciated within your friends. Although you may think she already is. Also maybe one friend could have a chat with her and try and get to the bottom of the problem. If you make everything fun and great for her then she will maybe think that she wouldn't want to kill herself and leave all her precious and fun life behind her. Lastly you could take her to her local doctors and maybe she could have a chat and get some tablets for her depression. Maybe you could also ask the boy she likes to go out with her and i'm sure that will give her a bright glimmer. Also it may be family problems so just have a chat with her but make sure it's just her and one other friend as it's going to be easier for her to talk to. I hope everything works out ok.

YellowParasol
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Id say give her a bit of time & Space.. :)

SHEEPY
04-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Punch her in the face and tell her to get real, there are people worse off in this world.

BLuweesH
05-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Punch her in the face and tell her to get real, there are people worse off in this world.

Which tells you she's merely feeling heartbroken and/or rejected, not depressed. ;)

Insanity
05-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Is this the girl who was 'Pregnant', Or was it someone else with a name like yours that posted about there pregnant friend O.o
-doesn't take much to make me confused-

Xela
05-11-2005, 09:11 PM
I think just about everone feals this in life.

I am guessing you are friends with her friends, So try to get them all and have a sleepover, Do girly stuff.

Dont try to rush into talking to her, Just talk about normal stuff, Then as the convosation moved on, Try to start talking about boys to find out what is going on. Then you can help her.

Try to make her feal wanted, Each and every chance you get!

Stacey.
06-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Is this the girl who was 'Pregnant', Or was it someone else with a name like yours that posted about there pregnant friend O.o
-doesn't take much to make me confused-

No, this isn't.

Thanks everyone for the advice! She will be much better off now.

Embean
06-11-2005, 08:18 PM
If your friend is really depressed you need to tell somebody about it - and fast. Even if she's not that depressed. You need to tell somebody about it if she won't. It's the fact that when your depressed it can make you do some horrible things. But if your sure your friends life is perfect. She could be doing this to get attention so be careful incase she is. If you do find out that she is. Ignore her whining and get on with things your doing. But stick by her because it sounds like she'll need some help with boy problems! Emmy x :)

BLuweesH
07-11-2005, 01:26 AM
My friend told me she was depressed today. I don't REALLY know why... I think it's about a boy she likes, but that can't be all. She was fine in first lesson, but then suddenly started moaning about how she's all depressed and want's to die... Me and my friends think her life is great, and she's got it all!
We tried talking to her, but she won't say anything, then keeps on having a go at us, saying we aren't helping her!
I don't know how to help her, any adivce would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
~Stacey

As you said to yourself, she's "depressed" but that can't be all. She's heartbroken from the boy, and that only just "adds" to what's really depressing her. Dig deeper. :)

Luayminator
11-11-2005, 04:04 AM
If she isnt giving a reason, no offense but shes probably just seeking attention, dont give it to her, she'll get over it.

Stacey.
11-11-2005, 06:36 PM
If she isnt giving a reason, no offense but shes probably just seeking attention, dont give it to her, she'll get over it.

She does that alot. Lol. Thanks everyone, she's much better, so Luay was probaly right...

issaa.
11-11-2005, 06:38 PM
One of my mates used to be like this, say you will always be there fpr her and make her feel wanted and stuff <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!