PDA

View Full Version : Another gta for psp?

Jase
06-11-2005, 09:45 PM
This has been posted on many gta news sites xD

Take Two, Rockstar's parent company, has released it's annual report , and there is a short paragraph which holds particular interest:

"For Fiscal 2006, we are well positioned for the opportunities to extend our brands across the large installed base of current generation platforms, as well as next generation hardware including the two previously announced Rockstar Games titles for the PSP, one of which is a new Grand Theft Auto title. We are pleased with the strong initial gamer and trade press response to our recently released Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for the PSP, as well as The Warriors and Sid Meier's Civilization IV."

Meh?

smurf-you
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
No idea what that means, but to be honest they should wait a while before doing it on psp, they need to wait till EA games come up with new games and use new features, then maybe GTA will be half decent.

Jase
07-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Lol, the'd proberly make a sequal to vice city next :rolleyes:

Jack.
07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty Stories?

Or something like that. Its out now

EDIT: Sorry my mistake, i didn't read it properly

Bear-Max
08-11-2005, 05:18 PM
No idea what that means, but to be honest they should wait a while before doing it on psp, they need to wait till EA games come up with new games and use new features, then maybe GTA will be half decent.
Lmao. EA? New features?

EA doesn't know the meaning of the word 'innovation' (well, except for the fact that they saw Kamari Damacy was doing well in Japan and the States and bought the rights for Europe), they're pretty much King of the pointless yearly update.

Probably Vice City Stories or something, which would be fantastic. Vice City is my favourite GTA location.

Jordan3
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, and also my favourite character =]

smurf-you
08-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Lmao. EA? New features?

EA doesn't know the meaning of the word 'innovation' (well, except for the fact that they saw Kamari Damacy was doing well in Japan and the States and bought the rights for Europe), they're pretty much King of the pointless yearly update.

Probably Vice City Stories or something, which would be fantastic. Vice City is my favourite GTA location.

You seem to like the word "innovation" ive seen you try jam pack it in to every comment:/

But anways, EA games is the biggest gaming company with nearly 1.5 billion dollers a year. That's saying something, EA games always come up with new games and ideas, without them there wouldn't be half the games there are today and theres you going on about new ideas... Look how many different games they released.

Making new types of games is a long process. . .

It's best to work on games they have already created, if you knew anything about c++ and how much decent programmers and designers cost you'll relise how tricky it is.

NekkLe
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
You seem to like the word "innovation" ive seen you try jam pack it in to every comment:/

But anways, EA games is the biggest gaming company with nearly 1.5 billion dollers a year. That's saying something, EA games always come up with new games and ideas, without them there wouldn't be half the games there are today and theres you going on about new ideas... Look how many different games they released.

Making new types of games is a long process. . .

It's best to work on games they have already created, if you knew anything about c++ and how much decent programmers and designers cost you'll relise how tricky it is.
I do agree, I like the games they produce, but like Bear is saying, they pretty much make the same game every year.
Mostly every EA sport game is an updated new version, same play just different graphics and a few additions.
They do make there money which is what they wrok for, good luck to them.

Jase
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah, and also my favourite character =]

Lol, i have to agree on that.

Bear-Max
10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I do agree, I like the games they produce, but like Bear is saying, they pretty much make the same game every year.
Mostly every EA sport game is an updated new version, same play just different graphics and a few additions.
They do make there money which is what they wrok for, good luck to them.
Which is why they're very much despised in the gaming community.

Because of their almost monopoly over the industry, smaller companies are failing because people opt for games they know instead of new games.

And smurf... of course I like innovation. It's what keeps the gaming industry alive.

NekkLe
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Some people don't like change, now moving into a new gaming era (hopefully), we expect to see more games produced with a different attitude, style and a totally different gaming experience. Sure at first the games won't fully support the power of these consoles but when time tells, they'll be amazing.

People stick to original games because it makes them feel good, they'll keep buying those games every year when another replaces it. Its good to monouver the type of games you play as you have a better idea of whats next...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!