PDA

View Full Version : Are Travelling Fairs safe?

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Do you think Travelling Fairs are safe? I think they are unsafe mainly because of the people who operate the rides, they dont seem to care about saftey issues at all about the people who are riding, Also, I think the people who go to fairs are mainly people looking for trouble, especially at night-time
what do you think?

Trance
09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I hate fairs and I definitely think they're unsafe.

The one ride I bothered going on when I went to one was the ferris wheel and it had no seatbelts or ANY form of protection. I could've fallen off so easily.

Chaz
09-11-2005, 05:35 PM
No, there run by homeless gypseys.

there! i said it!

Trance
09-11-2005, 05:35 PM
No, there run by homeless gypseys.

there! i said it!

WORD.

:8

MR Furniture
09-11-2005, 05:36 PM
the fair is gr8! i love the one that comes to my town

Trance
09-11-2005, 05:37 PM
The only thing I like about fairs is the greasy junk food they sell.

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
The one in america [arizona state fair] that I went too seemed a LOT safer than the fairs back here in england, people actually cared about you, and pushed down your harness's on the rides etc... :p

Chaz
09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Thats a proper fair though ;)

Foob
09-11-2005, 05:42 PM
I love the fair, lol. I always flirt with the men like running the rides so i can get free goes. The fact that you could fall off makes them more fun me think. Anyway, themeparks arn't always safe, didn't you hear bout that girl in Oakwood who fell off Hydro?

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I suppose so :p
the one that comes to my town has a ride called the egg rollers, its a fast ferris wheel that the carriages on it can spin around upside down etc, its unsafe because all you have is a metal bar going over your legs, also someone has fallen out of it and died before, my local fair has a bad reputation :p

Foob
09-11-2005, 05:49 PM
We have one of those, we call it the cage. Ours are like enclosed thou, they have a metal grate at the top so you cant fall out, there so much fun, i always control the bit in the middle and spin them round and scare my friend muahaha.

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
we used to have a massive drop tower that shouldnt of been a portable ride :p
But they had to replace is with this stupid bouncy thing this year, I agree it was unsafe :p but it was still fun though :p

Foob
09-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Oo i love those, we have one of those like permantly in town in cardiff! lol called big ben i think.

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
your lucky you have a perment one, our one was portable, it was quite little if you compare it to one like the ice blast at blackpool [which my friend is going to force me to go on on saturday ;[ ]
Im pretty scared of drop rides, its the only ride Im scared of really ;p

Eamonn
09-11-2005, 06:32 PM
my next door neighbours cousin fell off this rid called the swing at the fair near me his friend was falling out because the zcrew was coming out of the carriage thing so he grabbed him mate and ended up falling out instead , he had a puntured lung , broken leg and a broke arm

Cass.
09-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I love the fair, lol. I always flirt with the men like running the rides so i can get free goes. The fact that you could fall off makes them more fun me think. Anyway, themeparks arn't always safe, didn't you hear bout that girl in Oakwood who fell off Hydro?
I AGREE.
THE ONE THAT COMES ROUND HERE ROCKS THOUGH
:)
AND ITS SAFEEE THEY HAVE TEH SEATBELT YAY

-Soph-
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
my next door neighbours cousin fell off this rid called the swing at the fair near me his friend was falling out because the zcrew was coming out of the carriage thing so he grabbed him mate and ended up falling out instead , he had a puntured lung , broken leg and a broke arm

:o that sounds like it hurts... just a bit...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!