PDA

View Full Version : Xbox set to release FFXI's current and future expansion packs.

Biseinen
10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Playable FINAL FANTASY XI code on Xbox 360 was demonstrated at the X05 event, which took place on October 4th-5th in Amsterdam. Several new areas included in the forthcoming expansion pack announced at TGS 2005, "Treasures of Aht Urhgan", were shown. It was the first time the gaming press has had a chance to see a playable demonstration connected to one of the worlds currently in service.

During the beta test period, all beta testers using Xbox 360 will connect to the dedicated beta worlds. Existing worlds will be available for Xbox 360 users when the beta test is complete.

The Xbox 360 consoles which were used to connect to the public server were fitted with USB keyboards. Using the combination of its controller and the additional keyboard, FFXI handled like a dream!

Additional information is becoming available all the time, so please look out for more exciting news on Xbox 360 and FINAL FANTASY XI!

--

Gotta love Squaresoft for expanding to almost all consoles. xD

NekkLe
10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Great news I guess for the FF fans :) I played the first one but never seemed to stick to playing it.

Biseinen
10-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Well this one is an online game... FFXI Online and already has 2 expansion packs to it, Chains of Prothamia & The Rise of Zilart.

I'm not an Xbox fan as I HATE their control layout... -.-

NekkLe
10-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Well this one is an online game... FFXI Online and already has 2 expansion packs to it, Chains of Prothamia & The Rise of Zilart.

I'm not an Xbox fan as I HATE their control layout... -.-
It is a pain when you've been playing the PS2 for a good while then find a game that you'd love to play on the Xbox, its like the controls are alien like.
I like them though, its just the case of getting used to them again.

samsaBEAR
11-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Final Fantasy for Xbox?! That's like, speaker cables in a sandwich (random :p) That's blaspheme!

Biseinen
13-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Well, Microsoft offered them Millions apparently...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!