PDA

View Full Version : I got a Bad Rep for been addicted to smoking!

Originalities
13-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Yesterday someone Bad Repped me for been addicted to smoking so I thought Id tell you my story on how I was addicted and why I can't stop.

I used to hang round with people that made me smoke by peer pressure and now I'm addicted. Ive tried to quit but that lead to Attempted suicide but Im getting help by a private nurse that comes to my school. Dont ya think I know smoking is a disgusting habbit? It gets harder every day but hopefully I will stop. Full Stop.

So... Who smokes here also even more important has anyoen got advice for other smokers that want to quit?
Originalities / Dazza
P.S Can the person who Bad Repped me admit to it as I want to know which sad person Bad Repped me for something I am addicted to.

ilovejordan
13-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Ooh it can make guys find it harder to get "hard" if u no what i mean and yeah good luck on giving up babez x

NekkLe
13-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Rofl, so you nearly committed suicide becuase you couldn't have a cigarette?

:rolleyes:

ross
13-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Since when did this turn into Big Brother.

Nadia, get the hell out of this forum!

Originalities
13-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Can I atleast have comments on helping people stop instead of comments about mine and Nadias simalarities :P

Rebuild
13-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Ooh it can make guys find it harder to get "hard" if u no what i mean and yeah good luck on giving up babez x

Thats the best way to make a man give up smoking. Tell them the above. Tried nicotine patches or whatever?

ilovejordan
13-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Thats the best way to make a man give up smoking. Tell them the above. Tried nicotine patches or whatever?
LMAO.
I saw the advert O.o

mynameishelen!
13-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Good luck quitting.
I think it's gross and people i knew managed to get me doing it for a wee while, but it was so disgusting that i stopped.

NekkLe
13-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Can I atleast have comments on helping people stop instead of comments about mine and Nadias simalarities :P
I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to quit smoking. My Dads attempted to give up before and quite selfishly gave in again, but he said its not something you can click on or off, you need to feel ready to do so.

I guess when that time comes, use it wisely.

Originalities
13-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Sure made me want to give up more. But I dont have a problem with "Getting Hard" :P

ilovejordan
13-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Sure made me want to give up more. But I dont have a problem with "Getting Hard" :P
Will do if you carry on though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pechie100
13-11-2005, 08:52 PM
That person is sad
Just keep seing the nurse
Maybe join a anty-smoking club

Foob
13-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I got exactly the same bad rep, at the end of it all. Im addicted, im 16 so i can legally smoke. Ive been smoking for 7 years and i have to much crud in my life right now to bother quitting. Whoever bad repped me had no rep power, it came out gray but Meh. It's pathetic. I no smokings wrong, I no its a waste of money, I no that it smells disgusting, i no that it makes your teeth and nails yellow, I no it give you spots, I no it can cause cancer, I no i shouldn't smoke. Im not stupid. Im not doing it too look cool i just cba to quit... whenever i use nicotine patches im sick for some reason and i got some sweets which are meant to help you quit but i just ate them all in one go...
at the end of the day, it's my body. I no second hand smoke kills and i don't smoke around my non smoking friends and family.

ReInfected
13-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I got exactly the same bad rep, at the end of it all. Im addicted, im 16 so i can legally smoke. Ive been smoking for 7 years and i have to much crud in my life right now to bother quitting. Whoever bad repped me had no rep power, it came out gray but Meh. It's pathetic. I no smokings wrong, I no its a waste of money, I no that it smells disgusting, i no that it makes your teeth and nails yellow, I no it give you spots, I no it can cause cancer, I no i shouldn't smoke. Im not stupid. Im not doing it too look cool i just cba to quit... whenever i use nicotine patches im sick for some reason and i got some sweets which are meant to help you quit but i just ate them all in one go...
at the end of the day, it's my body. I no second hand smoke kills and i don't smoke around my non smoking friends and family.
You've been smoking since you were 9?...o.o

pechie100
13-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Buy a punchbag so when in need for a sigerate take your anger out on that

Foob
13-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Yep. I started because i was half curious/ half wanting to look cool so i nicked some of my brothers cigs and chainsmoked them all, then i was sick. But then i kept nicking them off him and my ma and taking them into school and smoking down by the oak tree with some of the older boys...

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:02 PM

I dont care if they Bad Repped me for it because it made me want to quit more (Dont go bad repping me now tho because thats really sad). and Ive been smoking for 2 years and Im only 13 :o :(

Getting hard is fine now but hopefully Ill quit soon :P

Also I think quiting and starting again is damaging your body even more because your body doesn't adjust properly and stays in "Smoking Mode" perminately

Originalities / Dazza

Digital
13-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I can MAKE you give up: :rolleyes:

http://tobacco.mededu.miami.edu/tobacco/studyPlan/slides_az/slide-o.jpg

It's the same old **** every year. A new batch of kids start smoking because they think it makes them look grown-up. Smoking doesn't make you look grown-up, it just makes you look like a stupid little kid who can't think for himself. Smoking doesn't make you look tough either because you won't be as strong or as fast. It will become hard for you to even climb a simple flight of stairs, so you will be labeled a weakling, not a tough guy.

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I can MAKE you give up: :rolleyes:

http://tobacco.mededu.miami.edu/tobacco/studyPlan/slides_az/slide-o.jpg

I seen that pic loads and it makes me sick. Also I repped back as your so kind :D
Originalities / Dazza

ilovejordan
13-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Buy a punchbag so when in need for a sigerate take your anger out on that
its probs not anger its probs more like a craving

Foob
13-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Seen those pics plenty of times... its getting old now. Originol if you want to quit my advice is to just stop it completely. Cutting down is no good because you think oo one more wont hurt!
Btw, how many do you smoke a day and do your parents no?

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:09 PM
its probs not anger its probs more like a craving

True and been depressed

ReInfected
13-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah cant you like eat or chew suttin to make the craving go away?

Foob
13-11-2005, 09:11 PM
chewing gum used to help me when i was in school and craving. Did you no craving only lasts 5 minutes?

Metric.
13-11-2005, 09:12 PM
I was 8 or 9 when I tryed smoking, I was at my friends house and he had been looking through his mums purse and found them, and he was concerned that his mum had started smoking, so he took them out so she wouldn't smoke anymore. So I was at his house and he had them hid under his mattress and he gave me one, we found a lighter in the basement and we lit them! We thought we were soo cool, we didn't know how to even smoke them! I was blowing on it, and I inhaled once and it was horriable, so I thought you blew on them? I guess not :P Anyway, I haven't touched them again :S

Foob
13-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Lol aww, like i said when i first started i thought you were supposed to smoke like loads one after another... the headrush told me otherwise.

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:20 PM
chewing gum used to help me when i was in school and craving. Did you no craving only lasts 5 minutes?

Ye I chew gum and i got 3 Detentions for it so far this year LOL
Originalities / Dazza

$@m
13-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I hope you both give up soon. I am not being offensive, but I find it is a really discussing habbit. I also understand it is not that easy giving up. Good Lucuk ;).

Adam$
13-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Good job in getting help. Most people are too nervous and put themselves in a worse situation.

pechie100
13-11-2005, 09:22 PM
i got 4 detentions and a breach of condoct
Breaches of condoct r really bad
Ypu get lunchtime detentions all week :'(

$@m
13-11-2005, 09:25 PM
i got 4 detentions and a breach of condoct
Breaches of condoct r really bad
Ypu get lunchtime detentions all week :'(

What for smoking?

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:30 PM
What for smoking?

No chewing in lessons. In our school after 5 detentions you get a day in isolation where you sit in a small room by yourself and not speak. Its drives you crazy LOL i went in for assualt once :( and it had to be the hottest day of the year didn't it. Typical Bad Luck.
Originalities / Dazza

kasi
13-11-2005, 09:40 PM
wow your getting sad over rep. grow up and get over it.

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Im not getting upset over it Im just proving a point that people bad rep for things that people cannots change.
Originalities / Dazza

Wolfie
13-11-2005, 09:43 PM
i try to slap my mum when she smokes but i always lose money

kasi
13-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Im not getting upset over it Im just proving a point that people bad rep for things that people cannots change.
Originalities / Dazza
yeah but why its only rep "/

YellowParasol
13-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Ooh it can make guys find it harder to get "hard" if u no what i mean

ROFL!! Anyway, ive never tried Smoking and never will ;)

-Soph-
13-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Have you tried nicotine patches or anything? They usually help even though the prices go through the roof, I dont know why, I used to do it a little, I managed to give up easily, So I guess I was lucky, I still get cravings but I just try and fight them and think about other things, Try it and have some willpower and you WILL give up, just keep on trying :)

Originalities
13-11-2005, 09:49 PM
ROFL!! Anyway, ive never tried Smoking and never will ;)

That's the best thing anyoen should do, Even if you're doing it "to try it" DON'T because you will carry on and soon become addicted. Just Put smoking out of your mind. My Private Nurse bought me 10 packets of Wrigleys Extra on wednesday to help get my mind off things and said who ever gives you DT's for chewign now will have to come and speak to me and I'll put them on the straight and narrow. LOL so Im going to see her tomorrow and show her my 3 DTs from 3 weeks ago that Im going to say I got on thursday and friday.
Originalities / Dazza

Any more posts about the topic?

kaut
14-11-2005, 12:23 AM

huh? that's a lie

here's a tip to quit smoking that's worked for me... run out of money, that way you can't buy cigarettes. I've gone months without one and it's easier to quit than people say it is.

but in the end, I enjoy smoking... that simple

but if you want to quit, just stop buying them. The first couple of weeks is hell, but it's like any other drug, just stop using it, go through your withdrawl, and after awhile you'll be over it.

Crouch
14-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Since when did this turn into Big Brother.

Nadia, get the hell out of this forum!
Ewwww portrugease (or how ever you spell it) transeeeeexual - EWWWW
And whoever gave the tip before me - good tip xD Forgot name - soz

Originalities
14-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Wth am I going to do with my 40 packets that a friend bought "for my mum" (lie) when they went on holiday. :S
Originalities / Dazza

Jasmin
14-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Hmm, My advice is, try not to smoke as much, save your money for something nice, like trainers, and lock it away and give someone you trust the keye, that way you cant be tempted to sneak into your money, Try nicoteen Patches or visit a teenagers website, And just say no if your mate offers you one, Its alot cooler to say no, as many teenagers are to scared to say no, so say they say yes, Puff out your chest, say no Politely and walk away, ive been in situations where older kids keep asking me if I wanna smoke, but i just say no thanks and walk away, if they follow you, run to somewhere more safe, if you dont have a money box or something, maybe you can buy the sigs, but bury them, or hide them, and whenever you get tempted to have one, Try mints or something, and eventually you'll forget about it, Its what i do to my dad, he cant give up smoking, and i ended up hiding his cigarettes, If you seriously cant give up, I suggest ditch the cigerets, and smoke cigars, (the little ones) because apperntly they dont cause as much harm, XD i dont know, thats what my parents tell me. I hope ive helped <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!