PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare - Poll.

milky1-2-1
15-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Who else thinks Shakespeare is a load of balls
i have just started studying romeo and juliet in so much detail it is extremely boring
vote on poll
and post opinions
on shakespeare :)

Baving
15-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't think that we should have to do Shakespeare at GCSE as I don't really class it as something that you are going to need later on in life.

Rebuild
15-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Despite the fact I adore English, Shakespeare is dull and confusing for me.

milky1-2-1
16-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I Hate english, hate every single thing to do with it
i cannot write anything such as stories/ essays/ descriptions :@

Laura.
17-11-2005, 10:40 PM
English Is My 2nd Best Subject. I've Just Finished Shakespeare For My CourseWork - I Dont Find It Confusing And Im In Yr 9

ross
17-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm doing Romeo And Juliet for GCSE.

I find it quiet interesting. We're doing Diary Entries for it atm, it's fun.

Macbeth was boring..

Dan Williamson
17-11-2005, 10:52 PM
I think my relationship with Shakespear plays is touch and go.

Some of his plays are awesome:

Romeo and Juliet

Macbeth

But the rest i see as boringly stupid.

I agree with Baving we shouldn't have to study it, but there again it's fun as we're doing R+J

- Dan

Laura.
17-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Romeo And Juliet Was Interesting Macbeth Was Also Interesting We Havent Studied Anymore But Cos I ave 3 Years We Might Do More

Dan Williamson
17-11-2005, 10:57 PM
It gets really hard if your top set English and studying it.

But hopefully i'll get a good grade in it, as i take a lot of time preparing my essay.

- Dan

Laura.
17-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Ive Done My Essay For Romeo And Juliet I Gave That In On Mon.

Im In 3rd Top Set And Its Ok But Its Challenging Sometimes.

I Got A 6 On My SAT's In Yr8 Lets Hope I Can get A Good GCSE When I Take Them.

Dan Williamson
17-11-2005, 11:09 PM
I did really good on my Mock sats yet did dismally in my proper test.

I think i was stressed badly "/

- Dan

Laura.
17-11-2005, 11:15 PM
What Levels You get In maths eng + Science?

Dan Williamson
17-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Got a 6 because they used my mocks in English

Got a 6 in science

And a 5 in Maths so overall i was pleased.

- Dan

Laura.
17-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Kool I Got..

6 - Science
7 - Maths
6 - Science

I Was Very Pleased With My Results :D

Dan Williamson
17-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Awesome, I can't do maths at all "/

- Dan

Laura.
17-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Lol, Im In Top For Maths, Sci Im In 5th Set Eng 3rd

I Dont Really Like Those 3 Main Subjects, Only Enlgish The Subject At School I Most Enjoy Is Media <3

Luayminator
18-11-2005, 11:43 AM
More than a load of balls... its stinks we just started Much Ado About Nothing .. Gah !

Insanity
18-11-2005, 11:46 AM
No, i don't see the need for it ;o but it is intresting :P
I didn't think french was needed either so i ditched 99% of the french lessons, but i wish i hadnt considering the ammount of french ppl that come to my furni shop and cuss me in there language when i say no :P

BLuweesH
18-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Ugh, Shakespeare. That's what really prevented me from getting most of my good marks. Romeo & Juliet was alright (did that 3 years ago), Macbeth was weird (did that 2 years ago), Othello was interesting and simple (did it last year) and this year was King Lear, it was too complicated. It's like there's 2 different stories going on and then they blend into one, which made it even harder. I don't like old english either, too difficult to understand.

Thank god it's over for me.

joeyjo21
18-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I hated English soooo much, the essay writing and analysis of poems drove me mad, but i actually liked reading the books and watching the movies. Romeo and Juliet the film is brilliant, i also liked Macbeth.

BLuweesH
18-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I hated English soooo much, the essay writing and analysis of poems drove me mad, but i actually liked reading the books and watching the movies. Romeo and Juliet the film is brilliant, i also liked Macbeth.

All I remember from Macbeth is that quote: "Is this a dagger I see before me?" for some odd reason.

I disliked English too, for the last 2 years I sunk but I somehow climbed back up with good essays and answers for everything, which really boosted my marks up in the end. I'm glad I had one of those miracle comebacks. I just hope it was enough to assist me in being able to enter my uni courses.

joeyjo21
18-11-2005, 11:59 AM
All I remember from Macbeth is that quote: "Is this a dagger I see before me?" for some odd reason.

I disliked English too, for the last 2 years I sunk but I somehow climbed back up with good essays and answers for everything, which really boosted my marks up in the end. I'm glad I had one of those miracle comebacks. I just hope it was enough to assist me in being able to enter my uni courses.

From Macbeth i just remember her having blood on her hands, and her stabbing someone ( a king?) at a party. Dont get me wrong though, although i hated the course i got good grades :-)

Insanity
18-11-2005, 12:02 PM
;)
From Macbeth i just remember her having blood on her hands, and her stabbing someone ( a king?) at a party. Dont get me wrong though, although i hated the course i got good grades :-)

Not at a party :O, i watched shakespear retold on bbc other night ;D that was on macbeth ;)

joeyjo21
18-11-2005, 12:04 PM
;)

Not at a party :O, i watched shakespear retold on bbc other night ;D that was on macbeth ;)
I meant on Macbeth. Didnt she and her Husband have the King over for a party, and then when he went to sleep upstairs they drugged his bodyguards. Macbeth was going to kill the king but he was too chicken so his wife lady macbeth had to do it.

Insanity
18-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, that seems correct :D Lee = (geek) :P
then she commited §uicidé ;o

BLuweesH
18-11-2005, 12:09 PM

That's good that good grades were derived from a course you hated. :)

Bef
18-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Bjaay me unbanned!
Nenywho, i like shakespear. My favourite is midsummers night dreams. Shakespears great...

Stacey.
18-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Atm my class are studying The Merchant of Venice, it's really intresting! Macnbeth isn't as good, I done that for my SATs

Laura.
18-11-2005, 04:31 PM
SAT's Are Easy I Did Them In Yr8 And Good Great Marks, I Did Better Than Some Yr9's Which I Was Happy About.

In My SAT's We Did Macbeth.

Sequined
18-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Yep. It's totally boring. I actually quite liked it at the beginning but as we are studying it that much it's starting to really annoy me.

Angel-Light
20-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Personally I hate shakespeare, I have so far done Twelfth Night and Merchant of Venice. I believe we are going to start Macbeth soon -.- I hate trying to understand the language and our English teacher expects us to know everything because we are in the top set for English. Dream on Mr Liddle :rolleyes:

milky1-2-1
21-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Hmm, romeo and juliet seems ok now weve got into it
its all referring to 'ex' with the 's' , (dont want to be rude on forum)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!