PDA

View Full Version : w00t just bought a psp now to hax it xP

Ezzie.
17-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Okies my psp with gta:lcs has just arrived, I want to know how to run like emulated games like Doom as i used to have that on a snez and it owned :p rep+ for anyone who can tell me how to do it as pspforums doesn't tell you how to do it.

Charles
17-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't know, sorry :( Good choice of game you got there. I completed it yesterday, now to get 100% :d

Scriptermone
17-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Have you upgraded it to 2.0?

smurf-you
17-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Ok, to play Emulators you will need version 1.5.

GTA has been modified so you MUST have 2.0 to play it, so i guess you have got 2.0.

Ok, to run emulators, DO NOT UPGRADE beyond 2.0 because you won't be able to downgrade.

The best place to learn about all the hacks and emulators is www.pspforum.com

Risk: Use these websites at your OWN risk, if you PSP does become bricked not my problem as i warned you.

Just becareful what you download.

My psp is maxed out, i've got 28 PSP games.

100 Mega drive games
250 SNES games
100 NES games
70 odd GAMEBOY colour games.

*COUGH*I did not download these i paid for them*COUGH*

I add more each day ect.

Edit: Just noticed PSP forums didn't help you, YES it does i learnt and added lots of stuff to it, there is a tutorial of how to downgrade and lots of stickies, just need to go to hack section, you'll learn everything in time.

Just go to www.pspforum.com to learn how to put movies on at least.

Magnet
17-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok, to play Emulators you will need version 1.5.

GTA has been modified so you MUST have 2.0 to play it, so i guess you have got 2.0.

Ok, to run emulators, DO NOT UPGRADE beyond 2.0 because you won't be able to downgrade.

The best place to learn about all the hacks and emulators is www.pspforum.com (http://www.pspforum.com)

Risk: Use these websites at your OWN risk, if you PSP does become bricked not my problem as i warned you.

Just becareful what you download.

My psp is maxed out, i've got 28 PSP games.

100 Mega drive games
250 SNES games
100 NES games
70 odd GAMEBOY colour games.

*COUGH*I did not download these i paid for them*COUGH*

I add more each day ect.

Edit: Just noticed PSP forums didn't help you, YES it does i learnt and added lots of stuff to it, there is a tutorial of how to downgrade and lots of stickies, just need to go to hack section, you'll learn everything in time.

Just go to www.pspforum.com (http://www.pspforum.com) to learn how to put movies on at least.
Did you download those PSP games yourself? Or buy 'em?

мϊкэ
17-11-2005, 09:02 PM
erm... actually.. you can play snes emulators and all old console ones on 2.0 now you just need to find the 2.0 EBOOT and replace it with the 1.5 one :) also have you read the news on the sucess they are having hacking 2.5 ;o

It’s been confirmed! These folks have discovered a way around the TIFF overflow patch for the recent exploit discovered in firmware version 2.0. Similar to the initial exploit discovered in 2.0 this currently “freezes” the PSP when executed - allowing the possibility of arbitrary code to be ran.

I have found a way to turn my 2.5 EBOOT exploit into a savegame file. The savegame version performs the same actions, but with it in a savegame the data.bin can be changed to arbitrary code so that when you boot a UMD and load a savegame it runs the data.bin file. Thats the latest.

OK to end fear of the exploit, here are the inner workings:

Tradional PBP and SAVEGAME Layout
-ULUS100xxxx or EBOOT
--Param.SFO (tells how the psp handles the file: e.g. title - update ver. 2.51)
--icon0.PNG (icon)
--icon1.PMF (almost like a short movie clip <500kb
--pic1.PNG (background for pile that appears when you look at the file)
--SND0 (background sound-not in most saves or EBOOTs)
--Data file/data.psp (name vary depending on game saves...data.psp is the name when in eboots)
--Data.psar(only in eboots)

Well my Exploit contains...

--Param.SFO (tells how the psp handles the file: e.g. title - update ver. 2.51)
--icon0.PNG (icon-overflow.tif)
--icon1.PMF (blank PMF found in iso rip kits)
--pic1.PNG (background for file-framebuffer)
--SND0.AT3 ( small randow sound clip)
--Data file/data.psp (from v1.5)
--Data.psar(from v1.5)
and...
--Pic0.PNG (overflow.tif)

My Original Idea For The Exploit

1)the icon0 would be set to the overflow.tif
2)pic1 the framebuffer image
3)the 2 data files as 1.50s data files
4)SND0.AT3 a music file >20mb
5)ICON1 the blank pmf found in iso rip kits
6)Param file set to be read as updater version 2.51
7)pic0 overflow.tif resized to 272x480

Only one thing from my original blueprint wasnt used : the AT3 file is 5kb
How This Works

This works by overloading the psp audio with a glitch sound, and overloading the image handler with overflow.tif, thus in conjuction overriding the TIF patch.

Here is the SAVEDATA file we used:
http://psp3d.com/2.5SAVEDATAEXPLOIT.rar

Here is the 2.5 OverFlow Exploit: Download

Here is a mirror to the hack progress movie AND an EBOOT to try this hack on your own 2.5 PSP!

ONE MORE video with proof of the exploit in action from a user: PSPgreatness.

HERE is a NEW video with no breaks that shows the hack in progress! (notice the freeze at the end of the movie)

Here is a mirror to the hack progress movie alone (download this to save our bandwidth if you do not have 2.5, although it probably works on 2.0 too)

Here is a mirror to the hack progress movie AND an EBOOT to try this hack on your own 2.5 PSP!

Taken from PSP3D.com

smurf-you
17-11-2005, 11:36 PM
erm... actually.. you can play snes emulators and all old console ones on 2.0 now you just need to find the 2.0 EBOOT and replace it with the 1.5 one :) also have you read the news on the sucess they are having hacking 2.5 ;o

Yeah heard about that a few days ago.

I much prefer 1.5 i believe there is some limits on 2.0 though i will try it one day:P

Have you played the new harrypotter game yet and the new NFS?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!