PDA

View Full Version : Children in need – Is it really needed?

Rarelime
17-11-2005, 08:44 PM
With Children in need being aired tomorrow, on the BBC I have started to wonder whether or not it is really needed? You might think I'm crazy for posting this but, what is the point of this event? Doesn't Comic Relief cover the same aspects as Children in need?

Personally I think that you could do without It. Yeah although It goes to a cause, but there are too many similar fund raising events out there.

Please post your opinions and comments.

Thanks.

ross
17-11-2005, 08:45 PM
You're kinda right, but - it's for fun, kids can do things in school. Basically, it's a fun day for both adults and children.

The more money, the maryer.

brodeo
17-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Your forgetting the titles.

COMIC relief - comedy for charity.

Children in need - public fund raising.

They are both needed, and yes i do think it's a stupid question. Let's land you in a village in Africa with no running water, so you'll be asking for one of them to come back. And isn't comic relief once every two years?

Rarelime
17-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Your forgetting the titles.

COMIC relief - comedy for charity.

Children in need - public fund raising.

They are both needed, and yes i do think it's a stupid question. Let's land you in a village in Africa with no running water, so you'll be asking for one of them to come back. Isn't the comic relief a public fund raiser aswell? and don't the proceeds go toward poverty - children in need.

RLY-CRAIG?
17-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Of course it is:rolleyes:

Rebuild
17-11-2005, 08:53 PM
It makes a huge amount of money, so I think so.

Dupion
17-11-2005, 08:55 PM
It does help to stop poverty a little, I think its needed.

Garbage
17-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Children in need is more for the kids, it does disabiltys and such aswell i guess

-Soph-
17-11-2005, 09:36 PM
It is a charity, at the end of the day, so the more money the better ;]

$@m
17-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Of course it is needed! Every penny raised makes a difference to those poor 3rd world countries.

It is also a lot of fun for both adults and children.

Nintendo™
17-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeh basically what everyone else said :P

RLY-CRAIG?
17-11-2005, 09:43 PM
It can be a bit boring with some of the things on there though:(

Michael.
17-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Raise money for charities which aren't publisised as much.
*Coughs* www.katietrust.org *coughs*

ross
17-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Raise money for charities which aren't publisised as much.
*Coughs* www.katietrust.org *coughs*
Got a nasty cough there, sir.

*Gives cough medicine*

Adam$
17-11-2005, 10:41 PM
With Children in need being aired tomorrow, on the BBC I have started to wonder whether or not it is really needed? You might think I'm crazy for posting this but, what is the point of this event? Doesn't Comic Relief cover the same aspects as Children in need?

Personally I think that you could do without It. Yeah although It goes to a cause, but there are too many similar fund raising events out there.

Please post your opinions and comments.

Thanks.
So, what you're saying is, you'd rather spend a normal, boring old friday doing nothing at all, going to school in uniform, watching a fun event on TV, seeing happy africans and other children living in poverty than take a measly couple of quid out your pocket for some people that are far worse off than you or me? It shows that people care. If not, we wouldn't have millions of quid raised every year. :\

Michael.
18-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Got a nasty cough there, sir.

*Gives cough medicine*
Thenks for that, just plugging a charity from near me ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!