PDA

View Full Version : Tetnus/Polio/Diptheria Jab (age 15)

mikeman150
18-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi,

i have to ave the Tetnus/Polio/Diptheria jab in a few days, and i am sick at the sight of a needle.

Can anyone who has already had it tell me wot it is like and wot happens.

Thanks

Youheard
18-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I had it about a month ago now, it doesnt hurt and you dont feel it, however like all injections I have I have really bad allergic reaction to them, it shouldn't effect you as noone else in my year had the same problem as me.

Seacat
18-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm 17 and I had it last Monday (a bit late I know, better late than never :p). To be honest you don't even feel a thing, just a little needle (and I mean little) goes in your arm and that's it :s.

Honestly though you don't feel a thing :)

deltateamaplha
18-11-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm 17 and I had it last Monday (a bit late I know, better late than never :p). To be honest you don't even feel a thing, just a little needle (and I mean little) goes in your arm and that's it :s.

Honestly though you don't feel a thing :)
Yes very true. If I never cried you WANT!!!.

Lycan
18-11-2005, 10:31 PM
had it almost this time last year... i neva noticed it go in and was surprised at the quickness of being told to get out!. .. i even left the room with my arm out my sleve claiming to the others in teh waiting room it had fallen off ... Doesn't Hurt , Mine Didn't Bleed and if you can make others see that then it'll be good!

Eamonn
18-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Only had Tetnus again when i was 10 so i wont need to have that again till im 20 , i've had Polio but i had to drink some stuff :s and i hav'nt had a Diptheria jab though

sophie
18-11-2005, 11:39 PM
yeh i had that jab! well to be honest i ent gona lie but it hurt me real bad! but im a lil girly girl lol! but yeh dnt worry a lot of ppl are worried about it u wont be the only one scared!
it will be fine :)

Steven.
18-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I Adore Needles, people say there 'massive' to wind you up but it is small , just close your eyes and look the other way :).

NekkLe
19-11-2005, 08:01 AM
I had mine in year 10, I'm usually ok with needles but the suspense was killing me :rolleyes: once I sat in the chair, sat back, relax. Theres no pain to it.
Your arm will feel like its dragging along with you, I had a dead arm for a day, I couldn't really lift heavy stuff :p
I find it a funny situation, if you note that all the girls eyes will look massive, they hassle you to know what it was like, take that chance to tease them if you wish ;)

Sequined
19-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I had mine a couple of months back. Mine began to bleed put all of my friend's didnt. I was really scared like i am with every needle but i didn't even feel as though anything had been put into my arm. It'll be ok.

beth
19-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Ive got mine soon.. I'm really scared.
My fear of needles <//3

Dan Williamson
19-11-2005, 02:32 PM
You feel the slightest little ***** in your arm

Almost no paint at all.

- Dan

JackHb
19-11-2005, 04:33 PM
i havent had polio and i am 16 so i got my mum to ring up and i am having it on friday i think ...i cnt remember :p also have to have a blood test somketime

Clo
07-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I have to have mine on January 16th.
The leaflet we got said we're going to get all the immunisations against those, in just one needle. Instead of drinking stuff and getting seperate injections. I suppose it's a good thing to have it all in one.

I had my BCG last year ( a year earlier than usual) and that kind of hurt/stung. >.< Does anyone know if it's as bad as that?

YellowParasol
07-12-2005, 08:39 PM
I had TB Jab Last year.. To a few people it Hurt.. but it didnt hurt for me :)

NekkLe
08-12-2005, 11:34 AM
I had TB Jab Last year.. To a few people it Hurt.. but it didnt hurt for me :)
Lol, I think people over exadurate [Sp?] about it, some people I knew had that problem, Lol :)
If you relax and don't think too much about it, the injection seems like nothing.

Herman
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Lol, I think people over exadurate [Sp?] about it, some people I knew had that problem, Lol :)
If you relax and don't think too much about it, the injection seems like nothing.

Yeah what he said, relax, and don't look at the needle if you're really scared, just keep your mind off the subject, think of something you like, that makes you happy.

Clo
31-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Oo I think that the TB jab stung alot. :o
I had that in year 9.
I'm in year 10 now and my injection is in like. 10 days. :p at school.

Luayminator
31-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Did it a while ago.. but its really simple dont be scared, and dont look at the needle.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!