PDA

View Full Version : Simple Website Torturial!

Homesrfan
05-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Simple Website Turtorial

Hi! I got really bored and decided to make this! :eusa_danc

First of all to make a site...you need a host!

What is a host?
A host is a website that will let you have webspace on there server! There are many GREAT free ones...you just gotta know where to look!

What makes a good host?
A good host has a decent amount of webspace. What is webspace? Well its umm...Space for your website :D The name is pretty self explanitory! Your host also needs a pretty good amount of Bandwidth depending on how big your site will get! What is Bandwidth? Bandwidth is the amount of hits you can get in a months time. A decent ammount is 1GB. You should be able to have a pretty big site with that much.

Free Hosts:
www.freewebs.com
www.geocities.com
www.0catch.com
www.angelfire.com

There are a lot more! Go to google.com and search "Free Website Host"

So now that you have your host...what now?
You need to add content!

First of all you need to know basic html. For basic html help go to funkychickens.com!

What else will I need?
It would be nice if you had an HTML editor. What is this you ask? Its a very simple way to edit your website and be able to preview your work without saving it and uploading it to your site first! An awesome program is Microsoft Frontpage ,but it costs. There are free HTML editors though. I would suggest going to download.com or google.com and searching Free Html Editor. There should be a ton of pages!

Want a layout for your site?
Sites are not good without a GREAT layout! A layout/template is the scheme of your website.
You can get great FREE layouts by going to...
www.freelayouts.com
Search google for "Free Website Layouts" or "Free Website Templates"

Extras:
You will definately want to add extra features on to your site! You can get great webmaster tools at www.bravenet.com - Award Winning Webmaster Tool Site. You will also DEFINATELY want a forum. Visit my Forums torturial here: http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=11011
You might also want to get a free short domain. You can register one here: www.dot.tk . This will make it so that when ever you go to Yoursite.tk your site will appear with out having to go: www.freewebs.com/YourSiteName :P

Adding Cool Effects (More Advanced):
Want to add cool effects that will your guest coming back? Visit www.dynamicdrive.com or www.javascriptkit.com for awesome Javascript/DHTML Scripts! :D

I hope this helped...a little...
This is a VERY simple website turtorial. Visit www.impetuous.net for a great website torturial! or Search google for: Website Help or Website Torturials.

smurf-you
06-11-2004, 02:04 PM
And if you want to upload a template save it to somewhere you can remember upload the file unzip it or extract the files then you will be able to use it

If you want to make your own template go to paint ect... Make boxes and put some graphics if you like, Then just do what i said in first paragraph :D

Homesrfan
06-11-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't think a begginer is going to be making layouts and coding them :P

smurf-you
06-11-2004, 05:06 PM
How do you know that, If they never try then they never will.

splintercell!
06-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok I have all my frames and boxes set up and also a template but should I cut it up or what and if so how do I add it to my webpage ?????

Mentor
06-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't think a begginer is going to be making layouts and coding them :P
my first webpage came from notepad? its was bobba but i still coded it (i mean realy raely bobba), ive never seen the point in the cheep online editers (freewebs etc)
if you just use them you will never get round to making a proper one.
editors, even dream wever shoulnt be essntal, they should realy only be time savers.

Homesrfan
08-11-2004, 02:56 AM
True.
But when I first started...I had no idea what to do! I didnt even know basic html not to mention how to code a layout in Notepad!

smurf-you
08-11-2004, 11:51 AM
It's the best way to start. Most people start of on freewebs missing most of the basics and going on webedit design view just adding and deleting stuff and saying they done it all in html.

It's best to start on Notepad.

splintercell!
08-11-2004, 10:24 PM
i started in notepadish but I used to just check out epoles HTML and scripts that how I picked most of it up also a few sites helped but I learned most from just others HTML sounds bad but the truth

G-flow
12-11-2004, 08:27 PM
lol ty. im gonna go make a habbo fan site and i will tell you how it goes.

Homesrfan
17-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Ok
Keep me updated :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!