PDA

View Full Version : buying rep.

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:04 PM
it's really terrible.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6852/quote6vt.png (http://imageshack.us)
yeah; gommeinc made a great point there.

and don't give me all that bull about "habbox being too costly; with all of the sites." im sure you make tons a day, with vip; habboxhosting; and now this pathetic buying rep; etc, and most of it is probably profit.

and to gommeincs post, isnt reputation about how good of a reputation you have? or how nice you are, etc. not how much money you have to do pathetic things like buy rep. and ignore the people who ask you to buy rep, you can't always get your way.

but yeah; watch me get banned for posting my opinion.

-Acidic
20-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes I Think Rep Shouldnt Be Allowed To Be Bought, It Should be Earned

Eamonn
20-11-2005, 03:07 PM
I 101% agree look at the highest rep theres loads of people now that have gone and just bought rep when most of us have earned it =l

ilovejordan
20-11-2005, 03:07 PM
and what difference is this post gna make, your just worried about ppl gettin higher rep than u.

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:09 PM
and what difference is this post gna make, your just worried about ppl gettin higher rep than u.
no; actually im not. i couldn't care less if i was 3rd highest or 5th or whatever. it's just that habbox doesnt even know the meaning of reputation now.

ilovejordan
20-11-2005, 03:12 PM
if u couldn't care less why remark about it in your user title ;)

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:14 PM
if u couldn't care less why remark about it in your user title ;)
because im almost highest rep, so i put it there? :s

ilovejordan
20-11-2005, 03:14 PM
but u said you couldn't care less ;)

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:18 PM
but u said you couldn't care less ;)
exactally. i'm just stating that im almost highest rep again, that has nothing to do with how much i care? :s

now, stop fighting with me just because you're jealous and go eat a carrot with your buck teeth. :)

ilovejordan
20-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Have u seen my teeth ? "/ and u***think im jealous of u?
lol..

Eamonn
20-11-2005, 03:20 PM
ROFLMAO LIRLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL SAID PLS KASSIE :D

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Have u seen my teeth ? "/ and i think im jealous of u?
lol..
yep in one of your pics ages ago, when you had the link to your old site. your teeth along with your fringe *shivers*

and at least you admit it ;]

"and i think im jealous of you"

ilovejordan
20-11-2005, 03:23 PM
yep in one of your pics ages ago, when you had the link to your old site. your teeth along with your fringe *shivers*

k w/e but i haven't got buck teeth "/
and it was a typing error

kasi
20-11-2005, 03:23 PM
k w/e but i haven't got buck teeth "/
and it was a typing error
actually you do just admit it

and suree it was ;]

Eamonn
20-11-2005, 03:24 PM

lmao dont remind me ;[ bugs bunny pls ;D

deltateamaplha
20-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Kaye you do have the highest rep <3.

kasi
20-11-2005, 08:46 PM
:o thanks meyaz

sierk1
21-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I agree that it would be better if rep could not be bought, and only earned. The problem is that we started giving out free rep when people bought VIP. Since then a lot of people just bought extra VIP so that they would get the rep. So it has always been the case that VIPs had higher rep than normal members, it's part of the VIP features.
To stop ppl buying a lot of VIP just to get rep, we thought it would be better to just sell rep by itself. This feature is still only available for VIPs, so nothing much has changed really. Normal members have to earn reputation, and VIPs get reputation just by buyng VIP itself, and can also buy extra.
I agree that reputation has lost its meaning for VIP members, but this was already the case when we first started the VIP membership.

You
21-11-2005, 10:30 AM
They should let normal members buy rep, - The 540 rep point is a bit expensive :s/

kasi
21-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I agree that it would be better if rep could not be bought, and only earned. The problem is that we started giving out free rep when people bought VIP. Since then a lot of people just bought extra VIP so that they would get the rep. So it has always been the case that VIPs had higher rep than normal members, it's part of the VIP features.
To stop ppl buying a lot of VIP just to get rep, we thought it would be better to just sell rep by itself. This feature is still only available for VIPs, so nothing much has changed really. Normal members have to earn reputation, and VIPs get reputation just by buyng VIP itself, and can also buy extra.
I agree that reputation has lost its meaning for VIP members, but this was already the case when we first started the VIP membership.
then if you think its better to be earned, whyd you make rep able to be bought :S makes no sense.

deltateamaplha
21-11-2005, 08:56 PM
:o thanks meyaz
No problem you deservd it :D.

kasi
23-11-2005, 02:37 PM
No problem you deservd it :D.
lol; thanks again

Dash
23-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Well although I myself has brougt rep I agree.
Rep shoudlent be brought but i think there should be something like...A dontation level. How much you have donated to Habbox.

kasi
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
buying rep is terrible ;] -cough allyouwantismoney cough-

.Mike-
05-12-2005, 02:34 AM
then if you think its better to be earned, whyd you make rep able to be bought :S makes no sense.
well hes not responsible for VIP, thats JackHB so he cant do much about it. But I also agree, buying rep is terrible! messes up the whole reputation thing. we must earn it, thats what reputation means! not buying it! I mean really, who would wanna pay for something just to get more reputation. Is it an easy way to try to become trustworthy because of high rep but really you might not? but not quote me on this, this is my own opinion of what I think about buying rep

.Lynn
05-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Thats the VIP's problem that just buy rep to be popular on the internetz. If they want to waste their money let 'em.

Concentric
05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Personally i think this applies equally to the fact that VIPs get rep for being a VIP. I don't see how people who buy VIP can really argue that it's unfair.

samsaBEAR
05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I think that GommeInc and Kaye are both right, Reputation should be earnt, not brought!

Following on from what Concentric has said, why should VIP's get +Rep? All they've done is spent money on Habbox, they could be scripters for all you know.
I have no idea how many Rep Points they get each months, can someone enlighten me please?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!