PDA

View Full Version : asthma advice needed

jstar953
20-11-2005, 08:16 PM
ive just been diagnosed with asthma and i feel constantly wheezy. i have an inhaler but i was just wondering if anyone has asthma and any advice on how to deal with it

thanks

jo

NekkLe
20-11-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it depends on how bad you've got it, I was diagnosed with it about 5 years ago, it didn't really effect me because I didn't have it too bad.

If you have it bad then I guess you've got to learn how to control yourself in an attack, controlled breathing helps alot if you have an athsma attack. Also mentally, you may need to have self control to help yourself to calm down.
If you smoke, you shouldn't continue to, smoking effects everyone, smoking cigarettes or being around people who do smoke will cause you more damage to yourself. You don't need this if your trying to keep fit to releive any athsma attacks.
I think you'll know whats what really, general knowledge will keep you healthy, just think of things that you know could harm you.

If you have athsma slightly, you won't really notice it, I think mines gone now, I don't suffer from any breathing problems.

You'll be fine :)

#NekkLe

T0M
20-11-2005, 09:19 PM
i as born with asthma its really bad for me its hard to run and stuff but just take the treatments the doctor gives u and tells u to take and u be fine

Dan Williamson
20-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm a bad Asthma case.

But i don't let it get to me anymore, at first i found it difficult in PE to do the warm-ups and found myself in goal for football.

Then i decided well no-point in dwelling on not being able to breath well in PE so i decided to start training and always tasking my Inhaler before PE so i would be a bit better.

I also had an Inhaler called a Flixotide, which helped a lot as well, in the end i ended up getting so much better and now i can do a hell of a lot more stuff, so I hope you can as well, i got numerous chest infections off this but it's worth it in the long run, i no longer have Asthma on my record i only get bad breathing problems when i have Flu, or Cold :(

- Dan

Luayminator
21-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I have asthma but.. DONT LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR, Yes if you run alot.. you will find it hard to breathe, just excersie way more till you cant breathe alot.. you will get over it big time.. and it wont affect you again =)

Baving
21-11-2005, 04:34 PM
I have had ashtma since birth, it is no big deal for me now. Just play alot of sport and keep active. Don't make the mistake I did and not take your medication during the winter as you will become very ill.

Just keep active and it will eventually go :)

jstar953
23-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the advice guys!! much appreciated + rep for helpfullness ..

:D :D :D :d :d

Leuven
23-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Is it too late to post anything??

Because ive had asthsma for about 5 years now and it is really bad but it isnt that bad once you get used to it.

I play sports which really takes alot of breath out of you but with asthsma it takes out your breath alot more that usual.

Youll get over it and you probably forget about it after a few months.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!