PDA

View Full Version : I'M COMFUSED! =P

=Jen=
23-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Ok, I've told... 3 people about me being bi... How did you all tell your parents?? And when I told them 3 people they went: "Really? You don't act like it." Is that a normal response? Help!!

Herman
24-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Lmao, I don't talk to my parents about all that. Lol depends on your age, if you're mature enough to tell them and you think it's right, go ahead.

Sam
24-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Its quite normal for people to be surprised when you tell them. I would reccomend you tell your parents because it gets rid of the burden of feeling alone. I know people who are bi and with the support of your parents assuring you that its fine it really helps to know that they really dont care if you have a different sexuality.

- Sam

=Jen=
24-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Well my dad is against it... He's mean... Lol.

Sam
24-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Im sure if he loved you then it shouldnt matter him in the slighest. Its your choise weather or not you choose to be bi

Undesirable
24-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok, I've told... 3 people about me being bi... How did you all tell your parents?? And when I told them 3 people they went: "Really? You don't act like it." Is that a normal response? Help!!

Nobody can say what it and isn't a normal response. I'd take it as a compliment that they didn't think that, when i told people i got that from them.

Mannequin
29-11-2005, 06:53 AM
when I told them 3 people they went: "Really? You don't act like it." Is that a normal response? Help!!

A lot of people think that all gay/bi people act like it, when that's entirely untrue. They probably said that because of how gays have been displayed to them. Like gay men being flambuoyant with high pitched voices and gay women being butch with short hair or whatever.

And I was really upfront when I told my mom, I just asked if I could talk to her and said "I'm not straight" and I guess things were kind of downhill from there.

prehuman
29-11-2005, 03:48 PM
A lot of people think that all gay/bi people act like it, when that's entirely untrue. They probably said that because of how gays have been displayed to them. Like gay men being flambuoyant with high pitched voices and gay women being butch with short hair or whatever.

And I was really upfront when I told my mom, I just asked if I could talk to her and said "I'm not straight" and I guess things were kind of downhill from there.

btw mannequin not all gay men have high pitched voices and gay women have short hair andare butch thats kinda a stereotipical view. (not offending you just pointing something out :))
Edit- sorry i actually read what you said sorry you meant everyone thinks they have high pitched voices or butch sorry man if feel so stupid

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!