PDA

View Full Version : Is habbos business going down?

cand!hex
08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Recently habbo has had a lot of advertisments...

They will get paid for this and is a way to make a bit of money. But there's so many and some are pointless to most of habbos, as things like shrek is for a younger audience (altho some of meh mates and i have watched it :o ) The mobile phone was ok for habbos, but most parents would think the "Free mobile phone ringtone" is a scam. (Thats what my parents would think, don't know about yours though :p )

This advertising on habbo had started with the fashion designer "thing" with that competition.. (remember?) I thought this wasn't so big intil more and more advertisements poured in.

Then there was the disney pop-up with all that music, pretty pointless like shrek as well. Then it was shrek... It was really given away when they made up a stupid excuse when the cinema closed! (us habbos aren't thick you know!) It really went like "Hint... Hint" =P

This is a simple way to make money, its really not a good way either. What I think is habbo business is going down..

What you think? :s

Post below..

Concentric
08-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Firstly i wouldn't say that Shrek is for children, i know lots of older people including myself who enjoy Shrek.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Habbo's business is going down, i think some organisations and companys see the huge popularity of Habbo among children and want to use it to advertise. I would agree that they are annoying but it doesn't really deduct from my enjoyment of Habbo i wouldn't say.

Jase
08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
hey u can't 4get the MTV music awards giving away never-seen-b4 furni if u watch it WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW aren't they making enough with credits?have u read the terms for the phone thingy **text STOP in ten days or we will automaticly remove £1-50 every week** that is a scam habbo is getting a bit baby-ish aka marcus he is ill :S :eusa_thin :eusa_thin who ever came up with babyz?!?!!?

Adzeh
09-11-2004, 05:28 PM
lol i think that because habbo is so popular, and because companies tend to target a younger audience, then habbo is perfect for advertising. i do think that it is annoying because it just lags browsers to bring up the adds.
i came to habbo because i was fed up of the adds on t.v but now they have just followed me.

terrapin905
09-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Go on habbo hotel.com not many advertisements there :P

Jase
09-11-2004, 06:14 PM
lol i think that because habbo is so popular, and because companies tend to target a younger audience, then habbo is perfect for advertising. i do think that it is annoying because it just lags browsers to bring up the adds.
i came to habbo because i was fed up of the adds on t.v but now they have just followed me.

does that mean ur bad luck???????

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!