PDA

View Full Version : Official Carpentry/POH/Oriental Island Discussion.

Ezzie.
03-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Well all theese threads about the three main upcoming updates (oriental island/carpentry/poh's) I thought I'd make a thread about them (thanks to Scott's comment :))

Here's some information from runescapecommunity about them.

Player Owned Houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Eastern Lands

There is a large boat at Port Phasmatys along with an oriental trader. In the Ghost Ahoy quest these eastern lands were also mentioned. If you are excited about this idea it may become a reality in a future update.
Supposedly new weapons and clothes will be added (japaneese/chineese clothes and katanas/nunchucks/ninja weapons.

(I did find somthing on carpentry but lost it so if anyone can post some more information I'll add it to this post :))

Jack.
03-12-2005, 09:44 PM
What?

I think it will be like farming. You can only see your house but then theres a problem. Noone can come to your house.. So i wonder what Jagex will come up with there?
The reason i think it will be so that only you can see your own house is because just think how packed RuneScape will get if about 90,000 people are trying to build their house on Runescape... There will be no room left in Runescape really...

Where?

I think it will be like farming again. There are certain bits of land you can build your house on. So there can be for example Small, Medium and Large patches of land you can build your house on.

How?

Items i think you will need:
Planks
Tiles
Nails
Glass (For windows)
Clay (Maybe to make bricks?)
A knife (Maybe for making different planks via the fletching skill. Making yew, maple planks etc..)
A Hammer

Cigaret
03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
and you got that from what cite???

Jack.
03-12-2005, 09:49 PM
and you got that from what cite???

I didn't. I gatherd imformation ages ago off Official RS forums and i just merged all into my own words. I found all this info about POH on my pc so i decided to post it.

Wow do you think thats good piece of info? Cus i swear i wrote that.. (Here comes the bad rep.. 'You didn't write that n00b!')

Cigaret
03-12-2005, 09:50 PM
I didn't. I gatherd imformation ages ago off Official RS forums and i just merged all into my own words. I found all this info about POH on my pc so i decided to post it.

Wow do you think thats good piece of info? Cus i swear i wrote that.. (Here comes the bad rep.. 'You didn't write that n00b!')
okie :) yea - i think it is a very good piece of info....and i believe u wrote it...

Jack.
03-12-2005, 09:51 PM
okie :) yea - i think it is a very good piece of info....and i believe u wrote it...

騨̨production
03-12-2005, 10:42 PM
i cant wait! gathering my money, nearly 1mil already in 1day
only 263k to go, if anyone could donate to me to help
50k+ from each people is appreciated

Ezzie.
03-12-2005, 11:34 PM
samurai sword pl0x :8

Chaz
03-12-2005, 11:37 PM
samurai sword pl0x :8

Hell Yer, proberbly another boring long quest to get 1 tho, i've only done like 12 members quests :(

lNukeCannon
03-12-2005, 11:39 PM
So are u sayin That Farming might atchly be usefull Because at the Moment Farming is the most pointless skill :l

Ezzie.
03-12-2005, 11:42 PM
I do believe (from official forum) that you can have a garden patch behind/in front of your house :)

Chaz
03-12-2005, 11:44 PM
awesome,
where would you have your house?

Ezzie.
03-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Edgeville :8 but and its a big but, you probably cant choose where you want your house, its probably in a designated area where all the other houses are/npc teles you.

Chaz
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
i don't think you'll see outher peoples houses!

there'll be loads!

Dirgeofcerberus
03-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Shurikens and Kunai's plox.

Jase
03-12-2005, 11:56 PM
0mgz, sounds cool ;O

Dirgeofcerberus
03-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Maybe you will be able to wield two weapons at once as Ninja's and Samurai's sometimes do :O

Or maybe they will bring out a sort of weapon like Torags Hammers where you get two at once.

Maybe two Ninja swords at once :o

Wolfie
04-12-2005, 09:47 AM
What?

I think it will be like farming. You can only see your house but then theres a problem. Noone can come to your house.. So i wonder what Jagex will come up with there?
The reason i think it will be so that only you can see your own house is because just think how packed RuneScape will get if about 90,000 people are trying to build their house on Runescape... There will be no room left in Runescape really...

Jack.
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
What did you say? Theres no text :s

Annihillating
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I think that with the carpentry u'll be able to make stuff like chairs n all them that you can put in your house... also you'll have to build it in a special world or sumin that has nuffin on it places for houses.. and u can search for anotha persons hnouse like habbo...

Jack.
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Can a mod please add this to my other post on this thread and delete this one. Thanks

When?

It was supposedly meant to come out November time(from information gatherd on official forums a while ago), but its now (From when I wrote this) the 4th of December… *Hopefully* it should be out within the next 27 days. If not, something may have gone horribly wrong or maybe just some simple finishing touches to the new skill/POH’s and may be out in early January time next year.

Wolfie
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
it means i agree with u jack

Jack.
04-12-2005, 10:28 AM
it means i agree with u jack

Ah ok. So all this time its not just a glitch its everybody agreeing with each other?

騨̨production
04-12-2005, 10:35 AM
its supposedly coming out today! i hope it does, also who has noticed that they havent yet done behind the scenes of december? or have they?

Jack.
04-12-2005, 10:39 AM
its supposedly coming out today! i hope it does, also who has noticed that they havent yet done behind the scenes of december? or have they?

Oh god. Its gunna be like Habbo and every day theres gunna be a post 'POH's TODAY!!!'

:(

And no. They haven't done behind the scenes December. Good point. They;'re probebly busy finishing off POH's and the Parpentry Skill :d

騨̨production
04-12-2005, 10:41 AM
yup, also notice they didnt do november either, but i aint gunna post like, OMG POH AND CARPENTRY GUNNA COME TODAY. im saying its supposedl coming 2day

Jack.
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
yup, also notice they didnt do november either, but i aint gunna post like, OMG POH AND CARPENTRY GUNNA COME TODAY. im saying its supposedl coming 2day

Hmmm... Its gotta be Carpentry/POH's....

騨̨production
04-12-2005, 10:43 AM
yh, they keeping it a secret :O, no fair :(

-!scotty-!1
04-12-2005, 11:07 AM
This sounds really good i cant wait! :d

騨̨production
04-12-2005, 11:15 AM
i dont think anyone can wait :s

Rashelly
04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
It's coming out today? An update on a sunday? :o
Doubtful...where did you hear that from?
Also...I don't understand the new skill...we can make chairs? but why? our characters can't even sit on them?
And to the person who said farming is useless... you're a fool.
You find a better way of getting decent herbs, then come back and say farming is useless again.

Jack.
04-12-2005, 12:38 PM
It is rumourd that the release date for Carpentry (Not POH) is the 19th of December 2005 but not confirmed.

This is only a romour and is not a specific date and has not been said by a JaGeX/Staff Member in person.

Annihillating
04-12-2005, 12:45 PM
It is rumourd that the release date for Carpentry (Not POH) is the 19th of December 2005 but not confirmed.

This is only a romour and is not a specific date and has not been said by a JaGeX/Staff Member in person.

i guess we better start gettin wc up if u make the places from wood n st00f

Ninja
04-12-2005, 05:27 PM
=] 60wc / 75wc :P

Ashley 12344
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Yep, Rashellys right.

Runescape people cant sit down.

Itd b good if you could get your own mosters in a basement or summit, 3 experiments pl0x =]

Dan
05-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Yep, Rashellys right.

Runescape people cant sit down.

Itd b good if you could get your own mosters in a basement or summit, 3 experiments pl0x =]

Haha id have abby demons :']

Ashley 12344
05-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Yah but i cnt kill em for like a year?

We dont all have every single day to train slayer, i gotta go skewl :@

Mohwar.
05-12-2005, 05:03 PM
i think you get to make your own tables with fletching and a magic tree in your garden that would be goiod =]

jake4568
12-12-2005, 04:04 AM
thank good for 82 wc and 80 feltching it might pay off... but just so u guys no i heard before that they were gona release this skill last year then it said a new skill was coming out and it turned out to be farming but right after farming came out they said some time at the end of the year hope to god they dont lie agin if they actualy did the first time..lol

jake4568
13-12-2005, 12:02 AM
i think this is one of my fav threads i cant wait for that freaking skill!

Neil
13-12-2005, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up if I was you...They might not even be close to finishing, I remember on RSC people got excited coz JaGex where going to release POH's but they never did, it might happen again this time.

Cigaret
13-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Haha id have abby demons :']
not everyone is as good as you :d

i'd i have 3 fire giants pl0x :)

Eye
29-12-2005, 08:18 PM
ok i think poh will be an off map space like ess,abyss and zanaris. I think each house will have a passcode and every passcode has to be dif so if u want to go to someone's house you type the pass code and you go there

Ashley 12344
29-12-2005, 08:43 PM
jiggi u owe me 1mil...

:.:LordJames:.:
30-12-2005, 11:09 PM
HI PEOPLE ABOUT THE ISSUE RAISED ABOUT THE *TO MANY HOUSES* PROB MAKE UBER LAG IT WILL PROBABLY BE LIKE CONQUER ONLINE AND THE WAY THEY DO THEIR HOUSES YOU CAN MAKE YOUR HOUSE YOU GO TO A CERTAIN PERSON THEY TELEPORT YOU TO YOUR HOUSE AND NO ONE CAN SEE IT BUT YOU CAN INVITE YOUR FREINDS THEN THEY CAN GET TO YOUR HOUSE AS WELL PROBABLY LIKE THAT THATS PROBABLY THE BEST BET EN IT

OH AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE! ON OFFICIAL RUNESCAPE NEWS I FINK SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER OR SOMINK BUT EARLY THIS YEAR THEY SAID NOT 2005 NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER BUT 2006 FOR CARPENTRY AND HOUSES IF YOU LOOK THROUGH THEIR ARCHIVES ULL FIND IT ITS FOR 2006 NOT 2005 WE ALL NED TO W8 EVEN THO ITS GONA B AN UBER KWL UPDATE O AND I CAN FIND OUT ALMOST NY FIN U WANT SO PM ME

Mr.Kylee
30-12-2005, 11:12 PM
http://www.twistedmindz.co.uk/capslock.jpg

Ashley 12344
30-12-2005, 11:20 PM
http://www.twistedmindz.co.uk/capslock.jpg

lmao ^^

Royksopp
03-01-2006, 12:21 PM
i dunno who said poh are coming out today i'm not sure if capentry gonna b good i mean poh's sound ace! :eusa_danc

Neil
05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
HI PEOPLE ABOUT THE ISSUE RAISED ABOUT THE *TO MANY HOUSES* PROB MAKE UBER LAG IT WILL PROBABLY BE LIKE CONQUER ONLINE AND THE WAY THEY DO THEIR HOUSES YOU CAN MAKE YOUR HOUSE YOU GO TO A CERTAIN PERSON THEY TELEPORT YOU TO YOUR HOUSE AND NO ONE CAN SEE IT BUT YOU CAN INVITE YOUR FREINDS THEN THEY CAN GET TO YOUR HOUSE AS WELL PROBABLY LIKE THAT THATS PROBABLY THE BEST BET EN IT

OH AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE! ON OFFICIAL RUNESCAPE NEWS I FINK SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER OR SOMINK BUT EARLY THIS YEAR THEY SAID NOT 2005 NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER BUT 2006 FOR CARPENTRY AND HOUSES IF YOU LOOK THROUGH THEIR ARCHIVES ULL FIND IT ITS FOR 2006 NOT 2005 WE ALL NED TO W8 EVEN THO ITS GONA B AN UBER KWL UPDATE O AND I CAN FIND OUT ALMOST NY FIN U WANT SO PM ME
Whatever :rolleyes: JaGex have already posted serveral times they have no dates for release what so ever -.-

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!