PDA

View Full Version : Whats easier?

Biseinen
04-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, what is easier, typing with full gramatical spellings, punctuations and having fully completed words... Or speaking lke dis men, u no havin 2 tpe lke dis al da tme?

In my opinion, spelling like this would have you with more respect but some people always complain that it takes 10 times longer to type with grammar and spell correctly... I'm like "What the hell... Do you speak like that?!".

But I can type like 80 words per minute I think... Well the last time I checked that was in year 9, so I may have faster fingers now. If I was to type like what I put at the top, that would take me much longer and would slow me down as I know where the keys are but I have to stop and think about abreiviating words.

So, whats easier to you?

Craig
04-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I personally prefer using proper grammer,but using stuff like u instead of you etc is easier,where as the second method is solid to understand.

My view^^

ilovejordan
04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
i dno i type like this? w/e but if stuff can be shortened i will but i wont sa stuff like LYK DIS DA YU etcc

Adam$
04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Spelling with proper grammar, for you AND the person viewing it. For example, the person viewing it has to translate it from 'noob speak' to correct spelling, whereas the normal text can just be read. :p

Laura.
04-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Proper grammer, punctuation.

The only thing I say in text speak is: Lol, Lmao, Yea, Rofl

Craig
04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Spelling with proper grammar, for you AND the person viewing it. For example, the person viewing it has to translate it from 'noob speak' to correct spelling, whereas the normal text can just be read. :p

Tis true dude.
Also,like you said Karl,it gets you more respect.

Biseinen
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm amazed at the number of people who can't spell, GRAMMAR. :p

ilovejordan
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Hm i can spell it :p

Largo
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I try my best to type proper Grammar cause on my reports .. I type like " kool " :s.

HellyBelly
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I find the way I type easiest xD

Craig
04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Karl don't diss :(

Aimseh
04-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I prefer to talk properly because you can hardly understand some of the text talk.

ross
04-12-2005, 06:08 PM

Fluffball
04-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I only shorten some things.. I think its better too type in full correct grammer ;D

Craig
04-12-2005, 06:09 PM
I prefer spelling properly rather than people using "pls" 5 times in each sentence >< Eww.

Dupion
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I usually use proper punctuation and grammar but sometimes I'll type strange. ;)

issaa.
04-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Depends what mood im in, sometimes ill shorten things like 'yea' or 'lol' but I won't type a whole sentence lik dis yh

Addie
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
For me proper grammar. I don't talk with ''r,u,2,y,etc...'' anymore.

issaa.
04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
For me proper grammar. I don't talk with ''r,u,2,y,etc...'' anymore.

Yeah, it annoys me.

All my rl mates, call me posh because I say you instead of u and why instead of y etc..

Eamonn
04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I try to use proper grammer on her because people freak out if you dont but on msn i dont :)

Toes
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
i usd 2 tlk lyk dis but...

Now I talk like this. When I was a n00b I tlk lyk dis. All my friend on Msn talk like that and sometimes your just Wha?

Rebuild
04-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I find typing like this easier, it's nicer for myself and whoever has to read it also. It's good practise for typing if say I got a job working in ICT. It looks a lot nicer too. :)

beth
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Proper grammer.
I like typing like this.. I mean, I dont have to look at the keyboard to type like this but when im like 'u and dis' and stuff I have to look and I don't like looking lmao ;D

mynameishelen!
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Proper grammer, I'm used to it from computing, and if I was talking noob talk I would have to stop and think about it.

Btw 80 word a minute, woah. I'm 70 a minute.

Eamonn
04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Proper grammer, I'm used to it from computing, and if I was talking noob talk I would have to stop and think about it.

Btw 80 word a minute, woah. I'm 70 a minute.
What do you mean , like how would you know ?

TealArms
04-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Typing in full grammar.

RuthLess
05-12-2005, 07:24 AM
I suppose once you get used to something, it becomes your nature and is very hard to stop.

In my oppinion grammer is, and always will be, the best :rolleyes:

RuthLess X

Jashmine
05-12-2005, 07:46 AM
I find typing like this easier. When I use chat speak, I have to think about what I'm typing and it slows me down o.x

[N]
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM
I use to talk slang but then i changed and started talking with more grammer
etc.

GJay
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, what is easier, typing with full gramatical spellings, punctuations and having fully completed words... Or speaking lke dis men, u no havin 2 tpe lke dis al da tme?

In my opinion, spelling like this would have you with more respect but some people always complain that it takes 10 times longer to type with grammar and spell correctly... I'm like "What the hell... Do you speak like that?!".

But I can type like 80 words per minute I think... Well the last time I checked that was in year 9, so I may have faster fingers now. If I was to type like what I put at the top, that would take me much longer and would slow me down as I know where the keys are but I have to stop and think about abreiviating words.

So, whats easier to you?

Well obviously it's easier to type in appreviation. But if you want to be more formal and like to put your point across without looking like you don't know what you're talking about, then speaking in the longer way is better. It also helps develop a better understanding of your keyboard. True I can touchtype anyway (had a computer since I was 4) and so I don't have to type around the houses. But now I just feel comfortable talking in the long run. It's texting I appreviate due to the fact that I'd waste a lot of time and credit doing them. Being with Vodafone is always expensive lol.

Schteffumz
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I type with full punctuation and spellings as if you get used to typing with text speak and talking slang then you wont be able to type properly in school and will be downgraded. Best to get yourself used too spelling and grammatical symbols.

GJay
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
There was a problem of that at my secondary school. The girls were getting too involved with text and abbreviations and eventually, my English teacher was getting terrible essays because most of it was in text language.

The influence of text messaging has had a bad effect on some of us. The only people I'm thinking about here are the little 4 year olds who have mobile phones. Yes I've seen loads in my local area of little Horsham. They'll go into a shop and their parents buy them the really expensive ones where the sensible lot i.e. me :P get phones that are around £100. Anyway, back to the main point, younger children have mobile phones, younger children are texting and younger children are having problems learning to write state sources. It makes perfect sense though. If they grow up in a society where everything is appreviated and spell checkers make sure their spelling is fine, they're not going to know if they've made a mistake or if they've written a word appreviated or fully.

Peace out xD That's my speech for today :)

Luayminator
05-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I use proper grammar most of the time, but I get bored in between and write in shortened ways.

.Lynn
10-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I guess i use proper grammmer..sometimes :| it takes less time sometimes

BLuweesH
10-12-2005, 05:44 AM
I reckon if you're a touch typer, you'd get your message across faster this way.

howeva if u dun touch typ, n unno whurr evryfin iz, i dink dat dis myte be fasta, u noe wat i meen?

Cause for someone to speak like this and can't touch type...They'd be taking forever. ;)

le harry
10-12-2005, 05:48 AM
I type however I feel like typing..

BLuweesH
10-12-2005, 05:50 AM
I type however I feel like typing..

Well that explains what's faster doesn't it? ;) I type accurately I guess, but with things like "lol", I wouldn't say something like "Lol", I dunno, I'll keep internet chat jargon, as internet chat jargon. lol.

le harry
10-12-2005, 05:57 AM
If my fingers are sort of tired, I'd type liek dis, but normally I type using correct grammar etc, I have learnt to use correct grammar, when I talk to my friends on msn, they are always like "hey harry, sup m8" normally I'd go, "Hey Harry, whats up man?" because people who dont use the computer as much cant really be bothered using correct grammar, they find it more efficient.

Janumz
10-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Hmm.. I find it sooo much easier to type like this, with proper grammar, spellings and all.. Mainly because I can touch type so it would take me longer to typ lyk dis..

ARGH! It annoys me soo much when I'm talking to friends from school on MSN though, they're like "hi jane wotz up?" "y do u fink dat?" AHH xDD

Although, sometimes I do type kinda like.. well, not lyk dis, but without capitals and no punctuation and stuff.. XD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!