PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's - Tasty but Deadly?

PatrickBuddy
05-12-2005, 02:09 AM
I would assume that almost everyone reading this thread has eaten McDonald's at least once in their life. Chances are, they enjoyed eating it. I made this thread to look back at the movie Super Size Me (check out www.supersizeme.com for more info). If you haven't heard of the movie, I'll make the explaination short but sweet. A man named Morgan Spurlock decided he will eat and drink stuff ONLY from McDonald's for 30 days. That's right ONLY. That includes water. Now he wanted to film the 30 days, and research more about McDonald's.

So here comes my part. I plan on examining facts about McDonald's, from the movie, personal research and so forth. Here's what is common knowledge. McDonald's food is unhealthy, which is a true fact but most of us enjoy eating it. Millions and millions of people flock to McDonald's daily. So many people, that if you took the numbers there would be enough people to easily occupy Spain. That's a lot of people you would say. Heck yes it is. These people are spending loads of money, that just ends up as profit for McDonald's.

Tests show that by the age of 6, children in well developed countries know who Ronald McDonald is, and they know of McDonald's.

If we know McDonald's is so unhealthy, why do so many people go there?

There are some really simple answers. McDonald's is the most well known food chain in the world. If you were to think of fast food, you would think of McDonald's. People also enjoy the food at McDonald's.

People get hooked on McDonald's, because it has a drug effect in your head. There is a medicine that is use in hospitals that block out this recepter in your brain. If there is somebody that is really addicted to some sort of drug or food and you injected them with this medicine, you will find that they slowly loose their addiction to that particular product.

I would not advise you eat nothing but McDonald's for 30 days for the following reasons:

1. Your liver will turn to fat (as Morgan proved) which is very unhealthy
2. You will get addicted to the food, which will cause you to loose a lot of money, and cause harm to your body.
3. You will gain a lot of fat (Morgan gained 24.5 pounds)
4. You will double your chance of heart failure.
5. You will constantly be depressed.
6. You will be prone to having vital organs shutting down.

Now back to the drug effect on your brain. McDonald's food is full of addictives that will hook you for life. If you started eating McDonald's at the age of 13 (if you ate a value meal with a coke that you ENJOYED) you will probably find yourself eating that same food in the future. McDonald's has things like salt, cheese and sugar in their foods. Those three ingredients are the most common addictives. It won't be the taste or the feel of the food, it is the effect on your brain that keeps you coming back for more.

Let's analyze that value meal. Probably any sandwich you choose to have will have CHEESE on it. The french fries contain SALT. Finally, the coke contains SUGAR and is LOADED with caffene.

Now let's say you don't want a sandwich and you choose to have chicken nuggets. Well, McNuggets are made out of a chicken that has been turned into a paste, molded into shape and deep fried. The chicken is usually not even a healthy chicken! The chicken is usually a chicken with "defects" that is not fit for laying eggs. Good thing the chicken McNuggets are one of the only 7 things that don't contain sugar on the McDonald's menu (This includes: Chicken McNuggets, french fries, diet coke, iced tea, sausage, hashbrown, and coffee).

Fast food is ok once a week, to once a month. Any more than that could be at the risk of your heath.

***More info will be posted tomorrow!!!***

*Remember, above is my personal opinion. If you choose to disagree with anything I wrote, feel free to. I am not trying to sway anybody to/from McDonald's I am just stating my personal opinion.*

Ellis.
05-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Looks like a good read :) I'll read it soon xD

Moose
05-12-2005, 06:06 AM
This looks copied, though...

I avoid McDonalds it wasn't the movie that convinced me to stop eating but it was family that did.

Luayminator
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Nice info, still love mcdonalds though, and yes I ma addicted and I love it =) Im no where overweight and quiet healthy.

JT-Fan
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
The only thing I eat in Maccy D's is well coffee.

ilovejordan
05-12-2005, 03:57 PM
i just like the chips :p
or the salad with the chicken strips mmmmm <3

ross
05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd rather BurgerKing - But McDonalds is cool, the Chicken Salad.

Rebuild
05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I HATE McDonald's. :)

Rosie
05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
i like mcdonalds
but thing is im not gonna go there for breakfast lunch and supper lols
thst just being a fatty! haven't been in ages ;[

issaa.
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't really like mcdonalds, lol. I like the fruit bags ;D

Stacey.
05-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for that, love to keep updated on it! I still like mcDonalds though, no matter how bad it is. But I don't eat it every day...

Nightrose
05-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Im not keen on fast food like Mcdonalds even if im in town and im hungrey i dont get a meal from mcdonalds i get something else lol.
I only have fast food about once every 3/4 months. Or when i fancy it which is never. Lol

Emicat
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Ooh. This where I can express my upsetness for Mcdonals removing Fish Fingers from the Menu. I NEEDIE!! I MISS MY BABIES!!
Anyway, did anyone know that someone found a FRIED CHICKEN HEAD in their meal at KFC?
I'd still eat it xD

ChloeDust
05-12-2005, 07:48 PM
;oo I don't mind McDonalds and i do eat it ever so often and enjoy it lol i only eat the McChicken sandwich meal though really..

Omg once me and my mate stayed at this house in skegness for like 3 days, we had Mcdonalds during the day, at night and then the next day, Mcdonalds during the day and fish and chips at night then mcdonalds the day after, let's just say i felt like i was having liver failure after that...gah never again +o( lol put me off mcdonalds for a while thats for sure..lol gah

I also once had mcdonalds for breakfast..went to my dancing exam then had it for lunch..erm..ew ? lol. Moi = Pig, i don't do that anymore though :lll

YellowParasol
05-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I only hAVE it once in a while ;)

Eamonn
05-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks for that, love to keep updated on it! I still like mcDonalds though, no matter how bad it is. But I don't eat it every day...

YellowParasol
05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
I like the McFlurry's :p

GommeInc
06-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Personally I find Mc Donalds to be "Yucky and Deadly." Discusting food, Burger Kings is more real than that rubbish.

ChloeDust
07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I think Burger King is disgusting, it's probably just as un-healthy as McDonalds tbh, the chips are disgusting, the burgers are burnt too = eugh. ;l lol

ross
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Personally I find Mc Donalds to be "Yucky and Deadly." Discusting food, Burger Kings is more real than that rubbish.
Yeh. BurgerKing is cool and actually taste like food.

Dupion
07-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I HATE McDonald's. :)

^^

Also I'm vegetarian so I don't eat half of the stuff they serve.

Herman
07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
:o You scared me there. I love Mcdonalds, just ate a double cheeseburger for dinner. :S I had some difficulty with my heart after that. Scares me, maybe what you said is true. :o Hmm. Thanks for the info.

PatrickBuddy
07-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Oops! Forgot to post a day! I got a bit busy with Habbo Norway :o

So anyways! Back on the topic of McDonald's....

Did you know in some countries, they have potatos in their ice-cream products? It's true. McDonald's was sued 1 Million dollars (american) because they didn't advertise having potatos in their ice-cream products.

Recently I've seen many ads about McDonald's supporting sport activities. This doesn't really sound like McDonald's does it? Well let's look at that. They sponsor sports activities...Playing hard usually results in you getting hungry...McDonald's food will fill you up for some time....Poser adds of nice large burgers all around you? Makes you kynda hungry ;)

And people...Don't eat their breakfast combos :( Most of them contain as much fat as a Big Mac!....Doesn't sound to nice anymore does it?

Now why pay for death-food? McDonald's has enough money already! In the last few years, McDonald's has been sued for strange reasons and mysteriously lost! Just to show you, for the strange reasons McDonald's has money to pass around.

In America, a lady was rushing home from work. She stopped at McDonald's to pick up dinner for her and her kids. At the drive thru, she asked for extra packets of ketchup..She didn't get any, so the result - She sued

She sued for millions of dollars American, and won. McDonalds even spends BILLIONS of dollars on advertising...How much money do they have?!?! I shall try and figure it out :D

An average of 46 million people around the world DAILY. So I was looking on the internet, and I found that it was SO hard to find prices of McDonald's. Finally I found a person that was checking different prices for food, and McDonald's just so happened to be there. The average person going to McDonald's would get a Big Mac Value meal. That value meal costs about£3.29. The exchange rate may differ depending on the country, so I am going to round it to £3. Now let's do some math! 3 x 46 000 000 = 138 000 000. That's only if people spend £3. Most people spend MORE than that! That's almost £150 000 000 a day!

Does McDonald's need more money? You decide :)

BLuweesH
08-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I would assume that almost everyone reading this thread has eaten McDonald's at least once in their life. Chances are, they enjoyed eating it. I made this thread to look back at the movie Super Size Me (check out www.supersizeme.com for more info). If you haven't heard of the movie, I'll make the explaination short but sweet. A man named Morgan Spurlock decided he will eat and drink stuff ONLY from McDonald's for 30 days. That's right ONLY. That includes water. Now he wanted to film the 30 days, and research more about McDonald's.

So here comes my part. I plan on examining facts about McDonald's, from the movie, personal research and so forth. Here's what is common knowledge. McDonald's food is unhealthy, which is a true fact but most of us enjoy eating it. Millions and millions of people flock to McDonald's daily. So many people, that if you took the numbers there would be enough people to easily occupy Spain. That's a lot of people you would say. Heck yes it is. These people are spending loads of money, that just ends up as profit for McDonald's.

Tests show that by the age of 6, children in well developed countries know who Ronald McDonald is, and they know of McDonald's.

If we know McDonald's is so unhealthy, why do so many people go there?

There are some really simple answers. McDonald's is the most well known food chain in the world. If you were to think of fast food, you would think of McDonald's. People also enjoy the food at McDonald's.

People get hooked on McDonald's, because it has a drug effect in your head. There is a medicine that is use in hospitals that block out this recepter in your brain. If there is somebody that is really addicted to some sort of drug or food and you injected them with this medicine, you will find that they slowly loose their addiction to that particular product.

I would not advise you eat nothing but McDonald's for 30 days for the following reasons:

1. Your liver will turn to fat (as Morgan proved) which is very unhealthy
2. You will get addicted to the food, which will cause you to loose a lot of money, and cause harm to your body.
3. You will gain a lot of fat (Morgan gained 24.5 pounds)
4. You will double your chance of heart failure.
5. You will constantly be depressed.
6. You will be prone to having vital organs shutting down.

Now back to the drug effect on your brain. McDonald's food is full of addictives that will hook you for life. If you started eating McDonald's at the age of 13 (if you ate a value meal with a coke that you ENJOYED) you will probably find yourself eating that same food in the future. McDonald's has things like salt, cheese and sugar in their foods. Those three ingredients are the most common addictives. It won't be the taste or the feel of the food, it is the effect on your brain that keeps you coming back for more.

Let's analyze that value meal. Probably any sandwich you choose to have will have CHEESE on it. The french fries contain SALT. Finally, the coke contains SUGAR and is LOADED with caffene.

Now let's say you don't want a sandwich and you choose to have chicken nuggets. Well, McNuggets are made out of a chicken that has been turned into a paste, molded into shape and deep fried. The chicken is usually not even a healthy chicken! The chicken is usually a chicken with "defects" that is not fit for laying eggs. Good thing the chicken McNuggets are one of the only 7 things that don't contain sugar on the McDonald's menu (This includes: Chicken McNuggets, french fries, diet coke, iced tea, sausage, hashbrown, and coffee).

Fast food is ok once a week, to once a month. Any more than that could be at the risk of your heath.

***More info will be posted tomorrow!!!***

*Remember, above is my personal opinion. If you choose to disagree with anything I wrote, feel free to. I am not trying to sway anybody to/from McDonald's I am just stating my personal opinion.*

Well, I thought that was common sense. Either way, if we don't eat this junk, we're eating other junk. Unless of course if you only choose to eat healthy food...

Pulchritudinous
14-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Burger king isn't any healthier than Macca's, everything is still covered in fat, salt and sugar.

Bear-Max
14-12-2005, 02:32 PM
There's plenty of things that would mess up your body if you ate only them for 30 days. I think this is a bit of a stupid attempt to "proove" that McDonalds is bad for you.

Everything in moderation, and you'll be fine :)

Eamonn
14-12-2005, 02:38 PM
People say no i dont eat it i hate it but its obvious they eat it and like atleast one meal Maccys is nice but i prefer KFC :]

mynameishelen!
14-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't like beef burgers, but I like all their other stuff. McChicken Permier ... yum. I'm not really bothered about how healthy it is ;]

Jane
14-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Ooh. This where I can express my upsetness for Mcdonals removing Fish Fingers from the Menu. I NEEDIE!! I MISS MY BABIES!!
Anyway, did anyone know that someone found a FRIED CHICKEN HEAD in their meal at KFC?
I'd still eat it xD

I proberly wouldn't notice :rolleyes:

-Soph-
14-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't like mcdonalds much

Calzeh
15-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm not that keen on MacDonalds, but when I wasn't vegetarian I'd occasionally go there depending if my friends dragged me there.

Now that I'm vegetarian, and VERY fussy I don't eat anything from there. I prefer Indian food or Chinese food if we're gonna get a takeaway.

Pulchritudinous
16-12-2005, 01:37 AM
KFC is sick, I love marinated chicken, NANDOS is gorgeous, and I hate the skin on the chicken at KFC.

Catchetat
16-12-2005, 10:50 AM
KFC is sick, I love marinated chicken, NANDOS is gorgeous, and I hate the skin on the chicken at KFC.

THEy R ULE!

HMM YUM~

ChloeDust
16-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Ew i hate KFC it's so greasy and disgusting +o( eugh just the thought makes me want to be sick. lol <///3

Bef
16-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Eurckk, Hate Mac D's.
I only like Popcorn chicken and Mini chicken fillet burgers from KFC
Or Popcorn chicken and Chicken Royale burger from Burger King... Im a tad picky ;] <33

RLY-CRAIG?
16-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Well, I thought that was common sense. Either way, if we don't eat this junk, we're eating other junk. Unless of course if you only choose to eat healthy food...

Exactly

.:Subarusti:.
16-12-2005, 05:52 PM
i know its killing me but i like it, and i dont get it that often anyway!

Pulchritudinous
17-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I eat out once a week, on a friday, where I sometimes go to oporto or hungry jacks, if my parents don't make me eat at this snobby italian restaurant.

pechie100
17-12-2005, 02:43 PM
ahh
scary
nice article tho

Mr.Big
18-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Ill give you a rep. Some neglecting mother gives his kids mcdonalds every day. The kid cant even jog 50 metres :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!