PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo wrecks lives

VistaUltimate
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Before you go back to see its another 'negative' thread, Just read it,
I recently got a Call from Sulake ringing my mobile, my house and my dads mobile, In total I had spent around £200 on Habbo, think 2 hundred quid on STUPID GOD DAMN BLOODY PIXELS!

Its wrecked my life so be careful before it wrecks yours

Baving
05-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I use to spend alot of time on it but now i limit myself!

YellowParasol
05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Don't make it your life..

mnbvjifhgtge
05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
id lock away every phone and mobile in ur house just to prevent u from spening too much

Baving
05-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I have spent £1 that is all

Smits
05-12-2005, 06:13 PM
well i never buy credits ;)

VistaUltimate
05-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Lol
Just wondering what my dad will say :(

milky1-2-1
05-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I have spent £1 that is all
I don't get you?
earlier on in thread you said you have spent a lot b4 do you call £1 a lot?
:S , and btw what did sulake say when they called you? & habbo does not ruin ur life, its ur choice if u let habbo ruin ur life, i have quit habbo until holidays, and i am always going to stick by this policy because my grades seem to go up when i do not go on habbo

Grindie
05-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Habbo can become pretty addictive, I limit myself aswell, I have only spent £3.00 ever and that was on my first 35 creds =]

Undesirable
05-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Have some self control then! I've played it for years and never become so addicted to it! I buy hc and that's it, and even now i think am gonna stop buying it. In the end it comes down to the person. It only becomes addictive if you let it! And if it's really that bad, then get your parents to help you, by limiting how much time you spend on it.

Rebuild
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Don't make it your life..

Exactly, if you don't take Habbo seriously and spend a lot of money on it then this would have never happened. You need some self-control.

letsdance6
05-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I agree, my "Best friend" Now hates me because of that game :(

The only trouble with people these days is that they take habbo too
seriously.
Habbo costed me a friend and now i regret it :(

My "Best friend" Is my real life friend By the way :(

milky1-2-1
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
I agree, my "Best friend" Now hates me because of that game :(

The only trouble with people these days is that they take habbo too
seriously.
Habbo costed me a friend and now i regret it :(

My "Best friend" Is my real life friend By the way :(
Don;t let habbo take over your life!

VistaUltimate
05-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Once again Habbo has wrecked my life
I have lost my best mate because of somet about Habbo and now hes sacked me from his fansite and...ah, what the hell am I going on about...

I HATE THE BUGGER!

[Jay]
05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
hhmm dats wierd coz you said u was sellin a credit voucher code im confused :(

Ye habbo can ruin your life im a bit bored of it now lol dont really go on it much :)

HUGECOOL
05-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I recently got a Call from Sulake ringing my mobile, my house and my dads mobile, In total I had spent around £200 on Habbo, think 2 hundred quid on STUPID GOD DAMN BLOODY PIXELS!

Obsession

ob·ses·sion

Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
An irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions against your will; An unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone.
Habbo will only wreck your life if you let it. They [Habbo] are not at fault when someone develops an obsession over the game so they hold no blame. I suggest some psychiatric aid over your obsessive-compulsive actions.

Dextrin
14-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Ive spent like $350 dollars

HUGECOOL
14-12-2005, 02:56 AM
I've spent $0.

whatisinternet
14-12-2005, 02:17 PM
I used to be addicted to Habbo, but I never bought creds

Now I think habbo is lame.

mynameishelen!
14-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Me neither ;] I spent quite a lot when I was new, but now I just use rares to get hc :)

ozzie-ing
14-12-2005, 04:43 PM

i quit by getting my m8 2 change my pw for 2 weeks then he gave it back and i carried on but sensibly for a while then quit and im trading all my stuff for website stuff

GommeInc
14-12-2005, 05:38 PM

I always thought it was the idiot behind the Habbo who wrecks their own life :s Silly me ;)

TealArms
14-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I've spent $0.
but you haev laods of rares and stuff

GommeInc
14-12-2005, 06:03 PM
It is possible but some people lie about spending credits on rares because they find it oddly embarassing :s

Dupion
14-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I spend a few hrs on habbo a day and find it boring (ever since I started playing)

Just limit yourself to a time. And yeah it kinda is your fault.

sock
14-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I have spent £0 on habbo I hardly go on habbo, I go on it just not like in rooms always at hotelview.

.:Subarusti:.
14-12-2005, 08:11 PM
wow £200 i never thingk about how much i spend, thanks for the eye opener, PS: prb wont change anything

alexxxxx
14-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I think that Habbo can help with the life skill called 'Making Friends.' and 'Having fun and chilling out,' which I find really important...

Rizla
14-12-2005, 10:28 PM
How did Habbo get your number? When you text for credits it doesn't goto Habbo, it goes to the phone company o.O

It used to anyway

.Mike-
14-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Thatsa lot of money you wasted.
Habbo is addictive.
and its only a game!
Why spend so much money on a stupid game.

Rizla
14-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Overall I've probably spent about £50-100, but I've been on for 4 years. o.O

le harry
15-12-2005, 01:51 AM
How much is that $?

Rizla
15-12-2005, 09:43 AM
For Pounds to American dollars you can just double it to get a fairly close ammount, but £100 is probably about 175 American dollars. Not sure if Australian dollars work the same o.O

Catchetat
15-12-2005, 09:59 AM
hm i've spent 0 dollars on ANY habbo hotel, and in uk and sg i have rares xd

anyways, i've spent time on it tho :( tons of time!

money = time!

its really hard to prevent addiction from habbo hotel

anyone here has any tips for me? :(

:Jamie
15-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I limit myself to £10 every 3 months for HC but i dont go on it i hope to go bck now i got broadband.

Catchetat
15-12-2005, 03:32 PM
lol hope you dont get addicted to habbo hotel :P

milky1-2-1
15-12-2005, 03:55 PM
tip to person who wanted,
get your mum or something to ban u,
or if youve got self control like i have
i am staying off until
xmas holidays
then ive stayed off for 30 days :)
and when your back on limit yourself to amount of time and maybe go on different things on interent./computer . for example go on disc games
people get addicted becacuse they devote all their time to it and never try out other games :o
play habbo and other things , dont live them :p

Rizla
15-12-2005, 09:03 PM
:o If you don't live the game, how will you achieve maximum level and find every
secret in the game?!

OMGitsaROSS
15-12-2005, 09:18 PM
lol :p
i used to always be on habbo
now i get bored and go on bbc or something and still go on habbox,
if i qui habbo i will stll come here cause i dunno why :p im going to quit as soon as i start yr 10 or 11, wen i start revising for GCSE's i won't go on comp cuz i wnna do summink in life not just sit on comp :)

milky1-2-1
15-12-2005, 09:41 PM
lol :p
i used to always be on habbo
now i get bored and go on bbc or something and still go on habbox,
if i qui habbo i will stll come here cause i dunno why :p im going to quit as soon as i start yr 10 or 11, wen i start revising for GCSE's i won't go on comp cuz i wnna do summink in life not just sit on comp :)
year 6: i was one of cleverest ppl in school best sats results
year 7: starts habbo, manages to get good grade
year 8: slight decrease
year 9: sats results, above average results but not met MY TARGET
year 10: grades lower than should be, leave habbo for a month
grades back up :)

see the pattern?

Rizla
15-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I see that you think SATs matter ;) If you can get a good GCSE level and/or good A level results, you're fine when it comes to getting a job. SATs are just for schools to know how well you're doing.

Addie
15-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Why spend £200? Ive played habbo for about 3years and in that time ive spent £20.

HUGECOOL
16-12-2005, 05:34 AM
but you haev laods of rares and stuff

It is possible but some people lie about spending credits on rares because they find it oddly embarassing :s

I live in the United States (Bleh) and I have to send money order in order to purchase credits. I can't buy them via credit card and I really don't like the idea of waiting 4-5 weeks for 25 credits which I will probably spend in about 2 seconds. :\

I was fortunate enough to have some friends give me Super Rare donations about 8-9 months ago.
I basically buy credits for my rares. Heh.

milky1-2-1 ,

It really doesn't matter how much time you play on Habbo that determines your grades. It's more of the kind of determination you have that let's you achieve what you want.

I play Habbo a good amount of time, but I still managed to be in the top 5% of my class. >.>
Class = whole grade level

It's never a good idea to mix business or academics with pleasure. It's either one or the other. 8D
A little bit of advice… x]

You just have to stay one step ahead of the game if you want to be successful. Works in life away from the phone line as well. ;)

milky1-2-1
16-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I live in the United States (Bleh) and I have to send money order in order to purchase credits. I can't buy them via credit card and I really don't like the idea of waiting 4-5 weeks for 25 credits which I will probably spend in about 2 seconds. :\

I was fortunate enough to have some friends give me Super Rare donations about 8-9 months ago.
I basically buy credits for my rares. Heh.

milky1-2-1 ,

It really doesn't matter how much time you play on Habbo that determines your grades. It's more of the kind of determination you have that let's you achieve what you want.

I play Habbo a good amount of time, but I still managed to be in the top 5% of my class. >.>
Class = whole grade level

It's never a good idea to mix business or academics with pleasure. It's either one or the other. 8D
A little bit of advice… x]

You just have to stay one step ahead of the game if you want to be successful. Works in life away from the phone line as well. ;)
i did;nt say it applied to YOU as well, that was the pattern for me and my grades, not YOU

Lozzoling
20-12-2005, 03:42 PM
i once was addicted,its to easy to be addicted to it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!