PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Newbie Guide to Rs

Bielby2ooo
05-12-2005, 07:05 PM
You new to runescape?

Need help? Then this is the place

Here you will learn how to expand on skills and how to do them

Combat Level:

To get your combat up you need to train you attack, defence and Strength or just train one. Every 3 levels like 1 attack 1 defence and 1 strength will get your combat up ONE level or 3 on attack or 2 strength and 1 defence any combination

Attack:

To get your attack up you need to kill things using the top attack on your attack screen [Accurate Slash] As you kill things your XP will go up to see your xp just hover your mouse over the the skill you want to know. Attack more and more things to get this skill up.

Strength:

You can get this up the same as attack but put the attack thing on the second one down, this will go up gradually like your attack level, keep checking you XP

Defence:

Again this is the same as Attack and defence put this on the last one, This will go up gradually also

Hit points:

This goes up as your fighting higher level things give more hit point’s xp
Range:

To get this up you need to have a bow start off with a normal bow as this is the only thing you can use, also use bronze arrows as they are cheap and effective. This will go up as you kill things in range, I suggest you use Rapid mode as the attack type

Prayer:

To get your prayer up you need to kill things to get bones, when you have received the bones bury them, your prayer xp will go up, there is different type of bones each giving different xp There is:
Normal Bones: Dropped by Most things
Big bones: Higher levels drop these and give more xp
Dragon Bones: You need to be able to kill dragons for these and they give alot of xp

Magic:

To get your magic level up you need a staff witch can be purchased from players or the Staff shop, You need to buy or make runes[See Runecrafting guide] to use mage, check the spells page on the game to see what spells you can use and what runes you need

Runecrafting:

For this skill you need rune essence you can buy this from player or mine it [see mining guide] you need a Tiara or a talisman for what runes you want to make to see the levels you need to make certain level please check the runecrafting guide in game by clicking runecrafting and it will tell you

Crafting:

For this skill you have several options, you can make leather goods to obtain leather you can kill cows and take the cow hides to a tannery and make into a leather then buy needle and thread from crafting shops and use the needle with the leather. You Can also make bowstrings [according to your level] you can pick flax and use it with a spinning wheel

Mining:

For this you need a pickaxe if you are level 1 mining you need a bronze pickaxe you can mine tin and copper for this to get your mining xp up. AS you become higher levels you can mine more rocks and faster see in game guide for levels needed to use certain pickaxes and mine certain ores

Smithing:

For this skill you need ores, if you are level 1 smithing you need to make bronze bars to make a bronze bar you need to have 1 copper ore and 1 tin ore in hand and use it with a furnace and choose the bars you want to make, When you the bars you can also use the metal with an anvil with a hammer in your inventory a menu will come up telling you what you can/cant make

Fishing:

To start this skill you will need a small fishing net witch can be obtained from the tutorial using this on a fishing spot will gain xp, when you get a higher level you can catch better fish giving more xp

Cooking:

To start this skill you need raw meat, you can use the raw meat on a range or a fire [See Firemaking Guide] the higher your cooking level is the better things you can cook and get more xp

Firemaking:

To start this skill you need logs and a tinderbox start off burning normal logs as this is all you can burn keep using the logs with the tinderbox until you get a higher firemaking level

Woodcutting:

To get your woodcutting up you need an axe you will have to use a bronze axe check the woodcutting guide in game to see what axes and logs you can cut/use, when you cut these you will get higher xp

That is it for the non member skills i may right a tutorial about members skills i hope this helps alot

Thanks

TheGhostOfBikez
05-12-2005, 07:08 PM
I bet everyone on this forum 20 bucks that you copied this guide off a forum/site.

Bielby2ooo
05-12-2005, 07:10 PM
nope i made it

20 quid i didnt

i just wrote it in talking to YouHeard about it -.-

And i asked people on this forum if i should write one

i put it on word to for the spell check

Youheard
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I bet everyone on this forum 20 bucks that you copied this guide off a forum/site.

Good guide, yeah he did write it, hes been writing it for last 30 odd minutes.

Scottehh.
05-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Rip it Baby Rip It =)

Bielby2ooo
05-12-2005, 08:04 PM
No i didnt

OMG

I knew i shouldnt of wrote one omg

i even made a thread asking if i should make one -.-

Cigaret
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Rip it Baby Rip It =)
ERROR! ERROR!!! doesnt it take more then 3 lvl's to lvl up? (Attack str defense)?

Bielby2ooo
05-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Any Proof

Hmm

NO!

Ever Find Proof?

NO!

Is there any Prooof?

NO!

Why?

COZ I WROTE IT

Cigaret
05-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Any Proof

Hmm

Yes!

Ever Find Proof?

Yes!

Is there any Prooof?

Yes!

Why?

COZ I DIDNT WROTE IT
lol - dude u always make typing errors...no1 way u can do that 100% perfect and 2nd of all - word doesnt catch ever error...it doesnt catch all comma misses and/or mis uses and if your missing a comma it wont tell u to put one it :) p0wned pl0x?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!