PDA

View Full Version : Music - CD Or Live?

RainFall.
10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
To be totally honest. Some Artists are great on CD, but not very good in Live peformances. I cant do it myself so I dont want to be patronising.

Lets take for instance Black Eyed Peas. When they reformed the band with Fergie (The Female!).. The 6th single " Dont Lie " came out in Summer 2005. She sang great on the actual CD track but she wasn't very good live.

When " My Humps " broadcasted on the music channels in October, I thought that Fergie has a great voice. When she peformed on CDUK and Record Of The Year, I thought she didnt do so well.

So the whole concept is..

What artists are best at. Live or CD?

Dupion
10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
CD but I like live also.

ross
10-12-2005, 07:07 PM
CD but I like live also.

Rawr
10-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Well on CD it's all spruised up with computers to make it sound better. Muse are a amazing band live if you have ever seen/heard them live.

0verRide
10-12-2005, 07:08 PM
CD, when live all you can hear is the fat women next to you

the wombats
10-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Well when I watched ''the record of the year 2005'' earlier, I thought half the bands wre rubbish, so I think CD is better, but that is just my opinion

Adam$
10-12-2005, 07:09 PM
I like CDs. I only like live if I'm actually there. I hate hearing live songs on CD. :\

Loaned
10-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Weird Al was great live. He sounded like he did on CD, so it just depends on the singer.

Rosie
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Seedee .

RainFall.
11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
I am listening to My Humps right now xP

ilovejordan
11-12-2005, 11:28 AM
To be totally honest. Some Artists are great on CD, but not very good in Live peformances. I cant do it myself so I dont want to be patronising.

Lets take for instance Black Eyed Peas. When they reformed the band with Fergie (The Female!).. The 6th single " Dont Lie " came out in Summer 2005. She sang great on the actual CD track but she wasn't very good live.

When " My Humps " broadcasted on the music channels in October, I thought that Fergie has a great voice. When she peformed on CDUK and Record Of The Year, I thought she didnt do so well.

Cd and i agree with the BEP's thing

ChloeDust
11-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Hmm i think it depends who it is, i live listening to bands/singers live and on CD.

People like;
James Blunt & Madonna etc are really good live and on CD xD

-Soph-
11-12-2005, 11:40 AM
CD, I was watching record of the year last night, and the black eyed peas performed, they sounded NOTHING like they do on CD

GJay
11-12-2005, 11:41 AM

i agree fergie isn't great live..i heard her on Record of the Year..and i was like 'i can't hear ya babe!' lol.

Live music is best tho! :D so loooooooooooooud!

Eamonn
11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
What Bep we're great last night , you know with the dancing they do its hard to sing sometimes you know

Craig
11-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Slipknot are awesome live.

RedStratocas
11-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I think the best live performance by a band that I have seen in terms that they got the audience involved and really gets them going, sounding great, and entertaining, was Evanescence a few years ago. Definatly not my favorite band, not even close. But Amy Lee dressed up in a butterfly outfit, really got the crowd going, and sounded great. She didnt stall songs or anything like a lot of bands do now, they were really good live.

Other good live performances: Godsmack (accoustic), REM, and Staind. A few more, but those stand out.

Some not-so-great ones: Trapt, and Hoobastank (a few years ago when they were good).

Kasabian
11-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Alot of bands are apsoluently Shyte live!

Craig
11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Tis true tom.

Kasabian
11-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Tis true tom.

Busted were Good live <3
Mcfly are shyte.
MCR & The Used are Awesome
GLC are Amazing

Reeceykins
11-12-2005, 03:10 PM
kaiser chiefs are good live and on cd i like kaiser chiefs and green day

Bear-Max
11-12-2005, 03:33 PM
It's live performances that distinguish good artists from great artists.

I mean, I've been a bit hung up about the Black Eyed Peas lately; they've got great songs, but they just keep trying to sing live, and the fact is that they can't. The guys can't even sing in time with the music, and it doesn't take much for Fergie to get out of breath.

When people like Kelly Clarkson and James Blunt sing live though, it's just brilliant. They have great natural talent and can pull it off.

mynameishelen!
11-12-2005, 03:34 PM
CD but I like live also.

Dan2nd
11-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Well they are both diffrent once when i went to party in the park thing i left with my ears ringing litrelly

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!