PDA

View Full Version : BCG... HELP! (Injection in to your arm)

Frisked
13-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Its huge!! It leaves a scar on your arm! HELP!!! Im getting it soon, Theres lots of romours around my school like if you get punched in the arm you can die.. Is it sore? is it scary? HELP!

Steven.
13-12-2005, 09:38 PM
It's impossible to die from a punch in your arm, So ignore them silly idiots.

If i remember right it's a small small small needle, just look away if you don't like needles, make sure you don't knok anything after as it will hurt (It allways does with Injections).

Dan Williamson
13-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Dude if people punch you punch them back.

And for the first few minutes it hurts a tad.

And for the people punching you it leaves a dead arm for a few days if they keep doing it.

Don't worry about it.

- Dan

Frisked
13-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys (appreciated)

2hd.
13-12-2005, 09:52 PM
It's so overated. It barely hurts, when they inject it you can't even feel it, and once it's taken out its only a tiny sting..

Undesirable
13-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Um it can hurt for a while after.. just feels like a dead arm tbh! I have now got quiet a large circle on my arm..where i had mines, but mines kept getting knocked and took ages to heal. Just be careful, it's nothing to worry about!

TheBex
13-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I had mine done just over a year ago, and honestly it dosen't hurt. also the mark after a while is so minor i mean cmon!
it goes through stages like in the 6 weeks after its been done, if i remember correctly, of not being the nicest thing you'd wish to have on your arm! but... its nothing honestly! Don't worry bout it ppl worry to much bout injections!

!dream!
13-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I might be having my BCG jab soon. Hopefully i persuade my mum i don't want it as my mates are not having theres. I really hate injections and it does hurt if you look at it so don't. :o

RLY-CRAIG?
14-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Don't worry it stings only a really little bit and if they punch your arm not much happens but they'll get suspended

Eamonn
14-12-2005, 10:13 AM
When i had my arm felt dead for a day or two and i have a big scar from where it was its the size of a penny and its red so its visable but my sisters was that size when she had it which was four years ago an its only got a tad smaller

Bef
14-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Most of my mates have scarred, i aint had it done muahaha. But ye, I hate needles :(

Rosie
14-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Argh i hate needles Most of my friends like them :rolleyes: But i would freak
I never got it anyway as we got These weird 6 needles in our forearm which was nothing, and it tell you if you already have the stuff in you. Luckily for me! i did :D They said it was only a little sore but you got a dead arm. SO nothing to worry about really..

Lycan
14-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Its huge!! It leaves a scar on your arm! HELP!!! Im getting it soon, Theres lots of romours around my school like if you get punched in the arm you can die.. Is it sore? is it scary? HELP!

Doesn't Hurt
Doesn't Sting

Arm Just goes Num, and no1 will punch it, there all worried about there own, and older years no how it feels

i had mine couple yrs ago

needle got stuck tho, lol, still didn't hurt

Rosie
14-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Doesn't Hurt
Doesn't Sting

Arm Just goes Num, and no1 will punch it, there all worried about there own, and older years no how it feels

i had mine couple yrs ago

needle got stuck tho, lol, still didn't hurt

When you say people in other years already know how it feel.. If they are really anoying they will still punch your arm :)

2hd.
14-12-2005, 06:14 PM
It was the threat of suspension if you punched someone in my year.

YellowParasol
14-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I had it in Year 8 / Early year 9 It stings a little bit.. Needle is NOT Huge.. and if you do get Punched in your Arm it hurts a bit but you Can't die from it.

OMGitsaROSS
14-12-2005, 06:21 PM
if they punch it they can get expelled :')

OMGitsaROSS
14-12-2005, 06:21 PM
EDIT:
Soz i clicked post twice :l

Stacey.
14-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Mine has turned out alright, I've had it for a year now. My friend's dad rold her to pick the scar, and now you can't see the scar AT ALL!

:)

KickerFliper
18-12-2005, 04:20 PM
BCG = TB?

The Year 8/9 Injection For ThermoTurbulocus?
Or is this another one from other countries?
Its the tinyest needle I have ever seen, theres no need to worry.
Just DONT scratch!

paradox
18-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Maybe, if you just take your mind off it and close your eyes, it could help.
And theres no need to be paranoid, everything usually turns out ok :)

KickerFliper
18-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Maybe, if you just take your mind off it and close your eyes, it could help.
And theres no need to be paranoid, everything usually turns out ok :)
Yea Bart, people didnt like injections because of a old one.

And one of your favourite days is my brithday :D
3rd December :D

Pamela
20-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I had mine done 3 years ago and it's just like a wasp sting it hurts for a while, don't worry you'll be fine. :)

YellowParasol
20-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Mine didnt hurt.. ;)

mynameishelen!
20-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Me and my mate were scared so we went in together, managed to have a laugh about it then ;]

sophie
21-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Not tryna be rude but wen u sed there was a rumour goin round that if u get hit in the arm u will die! im sorry but who wud believe that! lol!
sorry rele made me laugh!
x

Fruitbox.
21-12-2005, 03:00 PM

Omg..

Yes its true you get a scar on your arm. If you leave it it goes tiny like mine :D

If you pick it gets bigger n stuff...

When you get it its fine you cant feel it or anything then you get up and you feel shooting pains in your arm that last for about 5 minutes. and thats the only pain you get from it.and a teeennyyy bit of blood comes out it might go on your sleeve but anyways...

You cannot die if someone punches your arm but i heard it can make it go infected. In my school if anyone ounched your arm then theyd get suspended.

Then you have this other injection. Like the next year or two years but i cant remember what its called but you dont feel any pain then when you wake up your arm just aches for like 3 days... so... the bcg does not hurt at all... its the next injection you get that you should be worrying about :D

Georgia
21-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I was scared about mine. Had it done it June

Took me about 2 hours to get the first one done as i was scared lol. The doctor finally done it and i said have you done it yet? I wanted it again :P
Week later went back and had the other one done. This stung and i felt abit dizzy after.
Everyone feels different but don't worry about it.
Anyway, I thought BCG injections were no longer needed.
1 - Because of shortage of vaxcine
2 - In the UK its going ??

Jawrd
21-12-2005, 04:10 PM
The needle doesn't hurt, its when the injection gets puts in. The reaction with the liquid and your blood takes a few seconds - minutes to wear off.

Infrontation
21-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Nothing to be scared about. It stings a little but the Six needles is worse "/ Also I wouldn't recommend getting punched in your arm it will burst and be pretty damn painful, you won't die though :D

Clo
23-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Lmao, who said it leaves a 'LARGE' mark on your arm?
It really depends,the mark on my arm is the size of a pea. But my friend's arm just has a little dot. :o You can't see it.

Clo
23-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Nothing to be scared about. It stings a little but the Six needles is worse "/ Also I wouldn't recommend getting punched in your arm it will burst and be pretty damn painful, you won't die though :D
The six needles don't even go in your arm. :s

Infrontation
02-01-2006, 11:59 PM
The six needles don't even go in your arm. :s
It friggin' hurts! *Crys* Lmaoooooo :)

Heather
03-01-2006, 12:25 AM
It hurts for a couple of minutes, it's nothing to worry about really. It just stings and leaves a cool mark. :p

Xegena
03-01-2006, 01:00 AM
:o I still aint got mine i was supposed to get mine early year 7 but id had some needle like a week before and they werent allowed to do the six needles but my school was punch = Instant expulsion :(

Blankets
03-01-2006, 01:04 AM
The little needles you can't even feel o.o.

The main needle does sting a bit, but it's nothing that hurts too much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!