PDA

View Full Version : King Kong

Eamonn
15-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Yaya i'm going to see it later ;DDDD I got my sister to book the tickets about two weeks ago , I can't wait the first one was good evn though it was in black and white but y'know

Edit by Baving (Forum Moderator) - Threads Merged.

Rashelly
15-12-2005, 07:28 PM
I saw it last night at work.
It's pretty good, although they should cut out half an hour from the first hour, it was...not needed.
what kong does to the dino is hilarious :D !

Wayne
15-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I want to see it, it looks pretty good.

issaa.
15-12-2005, 07:30 PM
I want to see it, my dad went to see it today.

Eamonn
16-12-2005, 12:07 AM
It's great ! Three hours though pwoar ! Funny at the begginning and a tad freeky !

She just wants some chocolate lmao :)

RedStratocas
16-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Yaya i'm going to see it later ;DDDD I got my sister to book the tickets about two weeks ago , I can't wait the first one was good evn though it was in black and white but y'know

They remade it in 1988 too.

Infrontation
17-12-2005, 03:15 PM
It's great ! Three hours though pwoar ! Funny at the begginning and a tad freeky !

She just wants some chocolate lmao :)
Lols! Thats funny.. Aww comon she just wants some chocolate... "Here have it" and then she starts to gnaw his hand off! Its a really good film :) I went to see it on Friday

allykin
17-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Yay im watchin king kong on wednesday lols i get 2 for 1 ;) orange wednesdays so im going then, has any of yous seen it, is it gd ;D
Im guna well enjoy it my mate sd it iz well sik! ;D

Edit by Baving (Forum Moderator) - Moved from 'Anything not to do with hc' - Please post in the right section.

Dupion
17-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I want to see it.

Rawr
17-12-2005, 07:04 PM
We were going to but we couldn't be botherd to que for it so we saw doom instead. :p

NekkLe
17-12-2005, 07:22 PM
I was going to see it next wednesday but I have plans to go to a christmas party.

Habbox-Gal
18-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Whats kingkong like ?

Seatherny
18-12-2005, 09:02 AM
I want to see it
Looks cool

issaa.
18-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Isn't it 3 and a half hours long? If it is, thats whats putting me off.

Code
18-12-2005, 09:18 AM
I still havent seen the new HP (goblet) and it's probably likely to be out of the cinemas this week :'(

Oh well. KK looks awesome. But three hours, it's kinda too LOTR for me. My bladder will be screaming in protest by the end. Probably better watched on DVD (so you can pause bits of it) when it comes out.

Eamonn
18-12-2005, 01:03 PM
I still havent seen the new HP (goblet) and it's probably likely to be out of the cinemas this week :'(

Oh well. KK looks awesome. But three hours, it's kinda too LOTR for me. My bladder will be screaming in protest by the end. Probably better watched on DVD (so you can pause bits of it) when it comes out.
I've made a thread on this :rolleyes: I've seen it twice , it's quite good ! A must see in my opinion

TheBex
18-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Im seeing it on... Tuesday as thats my last day at school. So we are going in afterwards as we have a half day. Should be alrite, I supose, I not thinking it will be that good though, because whenever I think a film is going to be good it never is. But we shall see :)

Rashelly
18-12-2005, 01:36 PM
I've seen it...countless times.
And yeah, the actual film is just over 3 hours, in my opinion, they should have cut out some of the first hour.
And we still have harry potter on two screens, it won't be out of the cinemas until after christmas :)

Habbox-Gal
18-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Lol code go to the toilet before entering the cinema lol and as for harry potter i have the dvd lol !

Magnet
18-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Ok I must tell you, King Kong is freakin' awesome, it's probably the best film of the year, in my opinion, I'm actually going to write a review it's that good, here goes:

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!
Ok, so yesterday I decided, "Why not go see a film, I mean it's not going to hurt anybody but me, if I trip over.." so their I was, wondering which film to see, and it only took seconds before it tripped into my mind, "King Kong!".

I get ready and go down to the local cinema, pretty busy, me and my cousin buy our tickets and go to screen 7. It was very busy indeed, very busy in the screen, but we got our seats (Kicking a few people accidently on the way, and kicking one person on their head), we sit down and put our food and drinks ready to see this film.

The adverts started, I was really excited, and I'm telling you the adverts did my head in, I had to wait for a hell of along time before the movie came on, but it finally did. First of, let's portray the main storyline:

Storyline:
The storyline was strong, it was interesting and when thought about, had two storylines to it. One of Carl Denham (Jack Black) and his urge to make a brilliant film, and the other of a beautiful actress, Ann Darrows (Naomi Watts) who has 'fallen inlove' with the big ape, and with a famous writer.

Carl Denham hadmade a film, and shown it to the people who would buy it off him, trouble is, they think it's rubbish, the only good thing about it in their opinion is the footage of animals, so they decide to cut that out. Carl tells them he is loading one of their ships to go to an uncharted island, locally called 'Skull Island'. They don't like the idea but by the time they try and tell him he's already made a runner. He gets away just in time with Ann Darrows, who will be an actress in his movie. Carl is ready to film his movie on the ship, all his crew don't know he's planning on filming on an island, he tells the writer, the famous writer, who has to stay in the basements as he was trapped on the boat, not getting off in time. They go to the island and everything goes wrong, Carl is filming some dinosaurs, they notice and chase them, these are the big heavy dinosaurs that don't try to kill you but do because they crush you, and they did crush some of their team.

The other story, of Ann Darrows, who is captured by the natives of the island just as her and the crew try to escape from the island, after a misfit with the natives, already their has been deaths. So she is captured and the Natives give her to Kong over a giant bridge, Kong takes her through the forest and places her on a mountain top, in the forest. She fell over and Kong got happy, so she realised she would dance, Kong wasn't too impressed, so she got up and he knocked her down with his fingers, repeatedly doing this he did as he found it funny, she then told him no and he didn't like it. She then tried to escape and see's some big Dino's, Kong luckily comes but she still ran away from them, Kong fights them both, and ends up fighting a hell of a lot of dinosaurs to save the girl. Kong and Ann grow on each other (Not literally, that would be crazy), and when the ship crew and Carl capture Kong and take him back to New York, and when Ann's love (The writer) tries to save her, Kong isn't impressed, and when he escapes in New York, he goes for him and then looks for the girl.

Kong's Graphics
Is awesome, what can I say, he is awesome, the graphics of King Kong isamazing, the actual Ape himself is good graphics, with the light shining on his hairs and face, as for the dinosaurs, they took my breathe away, they looked so real it was unbelievable.

Anyways restlater I need a shower ;[

Magnet
18-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Continuing on from my review, part: Kong's Graphics:

The graphics are overall amazing, they really have put effort into creating this film, you can tell.

Settings/backgrounds:
The set's are very well made, they give you a special feeling, that they really are their. The actors really look good against the backgrounds and really act as if they are their. For example; When they are walking across the log, they make it real as if they are actually walking across it, although they don't show enthusiastic scaredness, they do look like they are their. The backgrounds are awesome too, you just want them to pause the film for a minute to admire it, you really do. I mean it's a jungle, and even that you don't get to see everyday, but what you see is amazing, even the city areas are great.

Acting/choice of actors:
The acting is very good, Naomi Watts really did act scared, yet happy. As she was dancing with Kong, she was defenitely scared, you could see that easily, but looking carefully and you could see she was enjoying herself, I mean, it's not everyday you dance for a 25 foot monkey, is it? Jack Black is a well known actor, and he portrays the part very carefully, they gave him some jokes, but they made him out to be a nice guy. He was a bit over-caring for his camera and what he records, proof is the scene Kong is turning a massive tree him and his crew are on, Kong spins it 360 degrees angles quite alot, and Carl (Jack Black) drops his camera, luckily it gets caught in a branch, but he doesn't care, he tries so hard to get it back, but it still falls, yet later he finds the tapes, luckily for him.

Script/dialogue:
The script was very well thought out. The choice of words and emotions that went along were quite well, although Ann and Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) fall in love too easily, and they are saving eachothers lives almost instantly (Well, Jack saving Ann's), this movie has brilliant Script. The dialogue has alot of depth in it, the actors in it speak with a tone depending on their moods, and they really make themselves scared with the shouting and screaming.

Overall
Overall, I must say, this is a must see film that anyone can watch. More for the older people if you really want to understand it, but I'm sure kids will love it, like the kids in the cinema I went to did, it is a brilliant film of many remakes, but this one is the best, the points are amazing, and you cannot fault with such a good film. I felt special whilst watching this film, the fact that he's a monkey, the way he looks at Ann, it's just amazing to watch, it's unlike any film ever made, because it is it's own film, it's a totally new genre, it's just amazing. You have to see this film, it's a must-see and a must-have DVD once on DVD.

Rating:

Storyline - 10/10
Graphics - 10/10
Settings/backgrounds - 10/10
Acting/choice of actors - 9/10
Script/dialogue - 10/10
Overall - 10/10

Code
18-12-2005, 09:50 PM
I think the original will always be the best (although I havent seen new one yet).

Magnet
18-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I think the original will always be the best (although I havent seen new one yet).

Except graphics:

1933:
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/may2.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ecole.chabure/cinema/kingkongpresentation.jpg
http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/CIN01008_122.jpg

1976:
http://i.imdb.com/Icons/poster_under_licence.gif (http://www.nostalgia.com/)
http://www.coolcinematrash.com/images/movies/kingkong/20.jpg
http://www.coolcinematrash.com/images/movies/kingkong/22.jpg
http://www.coolcinematrash.com/images/movies/kingkong/kong04.jpg
http://www.coolcinematrash.com/images/movies/kingkong/lc1.jpg

2005:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/King%20Kong%202005%201.jpg
http://www.elbakin.net/plume/xmedia/film/news/king-kong/kong_iup2.jpg
http://www.chrisruzin.net/images/uploads/kingkong.jpg

Magnet
18-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, check out my review in the other thread!

Great film, amazing, the best, I loved it.

Syd
19-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh wow the Dino looks brilliant. The effects on King Kong look fantastic also. Naomi Watts is a beautiful actress. Might go and see it with Emilia, thats if she's not too scared of going to see it.

pechie100
19-12-2005, 12:38 AM
The film was brill
special affects absouletey amazing
if you havnt seen it you got to
vote on poll

pechie100
19-12-2005, 12:41 AM
special affects are awesome
a must see

Edited by Mit (Forum Moderator): Please don’t double post.

issaa.
19-12-2005, 12:42 AM
I havn't seen it, I don't really want to sit for 3 hours watching an over sized ape.

pechie100
19-12-2005, 12:46 AM
I havn't seen it, I don't really want to sit for 3 hours watching an over sized ape.
rolf
it is worth it
first part makes u think it a horrow
takes bout an hour for king kong to come into film but it really is good

Magnet
19-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Posted in another thread, but decided to make a thread on it. King Kong Review!
Ok I must tell you, King Kong is freakin' awesome, it's probably the best film of the year, in my opinion, I'm actually going to write a review it's that good, here goes:

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!
Ok, so yesterday I decided, "Why not go see a film, I mean it's not going to hurt anybody but me, if I trip over.." so their I was, wondering which film to see, and it only took seconds before it tripped into my mind, "King Kong!".

I get ready and go down to the local cinema, pretty busy, me and my cousin buy our tickets and go to screen 7. It was very busy indeed, very busy in the screen, but we got our seats (Kicking a few people accidently on the way, and kicking one person on their head), we sit down and put our food and drinks ready to see this film.

The adverts started, I was really excited, and I'm telling you the adverts did my head in, I had to wait for a hell of along time before the movie came on, but it finally did. First of, let's portray the main storyline:

Storyline:
The storyline was strong, it was interesting and when thought about, had two storylines to it. One of Carl Denham (Jack Black) and his urge to make a brilliant film, and the other of a beautiful actress, Ann Darrows (Naomi Watts) who has 'fallen inlove' with the big ape, and with a famous writer.

Carl Denham hadmade a film, and shown it to the people who would buy it off him, trouble is, they think it's rubbish, the only good thing about it in their opinion is the footage of animals, so they decide to cut that out. Carl tells them he is loading one of their ships to go to an uncharted island, locally called 'Skull Island'. They don't like the idea but by the time they try and tell him he's already made a runner. He gets away just in time with Ann Darrows, who will be an actress in his movie. Carl is ready to film his movie on the ship, all his crew don't know he's planning on filming on an island, he tells the writer, the famous writer, who has to stay in the basements as he was trapped on the boat, not getting off in time. They go to the island and everything goes wrong, Carl is filming some dinosaurs, they notice and chase them, these are the big heavy dinosaurs that don't try to kill you but do because they crush you, and they did crush some of their team.

The other story, of Ann Darrows, who is captured by the natives of the island just as her and the crew try to escape from the island, after a misfit with the natives, already their has been deaths. So she is captured and the Natives give her to Kong over a giant bridge, Kong takes her through the forest and places her on a mountain top, in the forest. She fell over and Kong got happy, so she realised she would dance, Kong wasn't too impressed, so she got up and he knocked her down with his fingers, repeatedly doing this he did as he found it funny, she then told him no and he didn't like it. She then tried to escape and see's some big Dino's, Kong luckily comes but she still ran away from them, Kong fights them both, and ends up fighting a hell of a lot of dinosaurs to save the girl. Kong and Ann grow on each other (Not literally, that would be crazy), and when the ship crew and Carl capture Kong and take him back to New York, and when Ann's love (The writer) tries to save her, Kong isn't impressed, and when he escapes in New York, he goes for him and then looks for the girl.

Kong's Graphics
Is awesome, what can I say, he is awesome, the graphics of King Kong isamazing, the actual Ape himself is good graphics, with the light shining on his hairs and face, as for the dinosaurs, they took my breathe away, they looked so real it was unbelievable.
The graphics are overall amazing, they really have put effort into creating this film, you can tell.
http://www.ihad.de/wp-content/images/kingkong_small.jpg

Settings/backgrounds:
The set's are very well made, they give you a special feeling, that they really are their. The actors really look good against the backgrounds and really act as if they are their. For example; When they are walking across the log, they make it real as if they are actually walking across it, although they don't show enthusiastic scaredness, they do look like they are their. The backgrounds are awesome too, you just want them to pause the film for a minute to admire it, you really do. I mean it's a jungle, and even that you don't get to see everyday, but what you see is amazing, even the city areas are great.
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/king_kong/skullisland2.jpg

Acting/choice of actors:
The acting is very good, Naomi Watts really did act scared, yet happy. As she was dancing with Kong, she was defenitely scared, you could see that easily, but looking carefully and you could see she was enjoying herself, I mean, it's not everyday you dance for a 25 foot monkey, is it? Jack Black is a well known actor, and he portrays the part very carefully, they gave him some jokes, but they made him out to be a nice guy. He was a bit over-caring for his camera and what he records, proof is the scene Kong is turning a massive tree him and his crew are on, Kong spins it 360 degrees angles quite alot, and Carl (Jack Black) drops his camera, luckily it gets caught in a branch, but he doesn't care, he tries so hard to get it back, but it still falls, yet later he finds the tapes, luckily for him.
http://www.elbakin.net/plume/xmedia/film/news/king-kong/s_2005_kong_200_l.jpg

Script/dialogue:
The script was very well thought out. The choice of words and emotions that went along were quite well, although Ann and Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) fall in love too easily, and they are saving eachothers lives almost instantly (Well, Jack saving Ann's), this movie has brilliant Script. The dialogue has alot of depth in it, the actors in it speak with a tone depending on their moods, and they really make themselves scared with the shouting and screaming.

Overall
Overall, I must say, this is a must see film that anyone can watch. More for the older people if you really want to understand it, but I'm sure kids will love it, like the kids in the cinema I went to did, it is a brilliant film of many remakes, but this one is the best, the points are amazing, and you cannot fault with such a good film. I felt special whilst watching this film, the fact that he's a monkey, the way he looks at Ann, it's just amazing to watch, it's unlike any film ever made, because it is it's own film, it's a totally new genre, it's just amazing. You have to see this film, it's a must-see and a must-have DVD once on DVD.

Rating:

Storyline - 10/10
Graphics - 10/10
Settings/backgrounds - 10/10
Acting/choice of actors - 9/10
Script/dialogue - 10/10
Overall - 10/10

Baving
19-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Threads Merged

Eamonn
19-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Threads Merged
k
lemon chiffin haha

clear77
19-12-2005, 08:29 PM
i seen king kong its brilliant i rate it 10/10 , and it is funny when he fights wiv the dinosaurs , HE TAKES ON 3 OF THEM , and at the end of the 3 dinosaur fight he rips the other dinosaurs tounge out and snaps his jaw lol , not funny but his tounge he ripped it out and it flew through the air :P *weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Joe.
22-12-2005, 03:50 PM
good film...

but narnia is the best :P

-Acidic
22-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Id rate King kong 8/10 Due to Its boring For the 1st Hour an Half but then its Brilliant!

JackBuddy
23-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Those native hag things were freaky!

Rareoid
24-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Way tooooo long especially at 11:30 in the evening.

Basically, the first Dinosaur vs King Kong fight it's like "WOAHHH. A GIANT APE BEATING UP A GIANT DIONOSAUR"

By the fifth one it's like "Why are they showing it again? Are they trying to make it as long as possible?"

Jim Rotates
25-12-2005, 12:21 AM
It was pretty good but I was more excited that they showed Rumor Has It's trailer in the cinema for the very first time.

-Soph-
25-12-2005, 02:22 AM
it was great ;o

really sad at the end though ;[

Rashelly
25-12-2005, 11:39 AM
It was pretty good but I was more excited that they showed Rumor Has It's trailer in the cinema for the very first time.
They showed that trailer for the chronicles of narnia, that came out a week before kong.

Georgia
25-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Seen it last week, wasn't the best of films I've saw.
I voted OK :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!