PDA

View Full Version : Santa? Fact or fiction?

!-.Scammed.-!
19-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Is he real or fake? Many people dunno!

lets see if there is some realness behind the myth

HellyBelly
19-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Santa is real. Noob.

Chaz
19-12-2005, 01:48 PM
St.Nick saw a poor family at cristmas, they were really really poor. as st.nick was quite well off he climbed onto there roof and put some money down there chiminy, and it landed in one of there socks that was hanging over the fire......thereforth santa! (i think)

Rachi202
19-12-2005, 01:49 PM
oh zakarey john eh??!! he's a *****R!!LOL!! but he's ur choice

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2005, 01:49 PM
He is very real, he's my Dad god dammit.

Kardan
19-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Ok it's impossible.

Copied off a website ;P:

1) No known species of reindeer can fly. But there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer only Santa has ever seen.

2) There are two billion children in the world. But since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, and Buddhist children. This reduces the workload down to 15% of the total-378 million according to the national population reference bureau. At an average (consensus) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes that there's at least one good child in each.

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the Earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/11000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat what ever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the

sleigh, and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are know talking about .78 miles per household, a trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us have to do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and the like. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3 000 times the speed of sound. For the purposes of comparison, the fastest manmade vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second- a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (2 lbs.), the sleigh is carrying 321,000 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as being overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" could pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,000 reindeer. This increases the payload-not even counting the weight of the sleigh- to 353,430 tons. Again for comparison- this is four times the weight of Bill Clinton.

5) 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance- this will heat up the reindeer up in the same fashion as space crafts reentering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 Quintillion joules of energy per second EACH. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing each of the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 43,155,015 pounds of force.

6) There is another factor which involves the specifications of the reindeer. Considering that the average roof of a house could hold perhaps 3 tons max, the 353 430 ton sleigh and reindeer would collapse the roof. As a guess, let's say that each of the reindeer are three yards long, the distance between them be two more yards, and the sleigh be ten yards long. If all of these were to be true, the entire reindeer team would be 611 miles long. Assuming the storage area for presents in the sleigh was ten yards by ten yards (which seems to be very big when compared to tradition images of Santa), the 378 million Lego sets (approximate dimensions: 8 inches, 6 inches, 3 inches) (that is, one present per child, without stocking stuffers) would take up a volume of 1,512,000,000 cubic yards. At this length, the sleigh would have to be made many miles long.

Rachi202
wot? i don't get you?

!-.Scammed.-!
sorry, but that is my opinion! Although, he is real, as he gives pressies? Or is he! EURGH! SO CONFUSING!

Msg to rachi202 - Zak is sooooo fit!

Chaz
19-12-2005, 01:53 PM
sorry, but that is my opinion! Although, he is real, as he gives pressies? Or is he! EURGH! SO CONFUSING!

Msg to rachi202 - Zak is sooooo fit!

how old are you?

Rachi202
19-12-2005, 01:54 PM
No he ain't! i no exactly hoo ur tlkin bout!!
i like dis boy hoo don't go 2 r skl bt goes 2 william farr!! he's wt u call fit! lol!!

Rachi202
how old is hoo?

pechie100
he is real

if he aint then why do i see him and her evry day ;)

HellyBelly
19-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Ok, I thought this thread was spam, but you actually belive in santa?

pechie100
19-12-2005, 01:57 PM
nooo
lol
i was refering to parents

Wolfie
19-12-2005, 01:57 PM
he is not real for proof my parents admitted it when i was way younger and my prezzies r in my dads cupboard and someone made a poll about how old u were when u discovered santa aint real.

I hope you ppl are using sarcasm wen u say u believe in him

Rachi202
19-12-2005, 01:58 PM
i don't

Chaz
19-12-2005, 01:59 PM
i found out when i was yonger

!-.Scammed.-!
19-12-2005, 01:59 PM
nvm, we have different tastes

Rachi202
19-12-2005, 02:01 PM
msg 4 wolfie: hey i'm in ur form at skl

NekkLe
19-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Lol, Santa is non-fictional. Based on the religous name St.Nicks but used in stories and tales. Generally, hes evolved from being a religous hobo into a fat man who has a white beard, wears all red and controls a sleigh with 15 odd reindeers.

Obviously your presents come from your parents. But if you still beleive in Santa, its your beleif.
Also, if you leave a mince pie and some milk for Sanata and his reindeers, when you discover its gone by morning, it was eaten by your parents ;) not Santa.

Kardan
19-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Lol, Santa is non-fictional. Based on the religous name St.Nicks but used in stories and tales. Generally, hes evolved from being a religous hobo into a fat man who has a white beard, wears all red and controls a sleigh with 15 odd reindeers.

Obviously your presents come from your parents. But if you still beleive in Santa, its your beleif.
Also, if you leave a mince pie and some milk for Sanata and his reindeers, when you discover its gone by morning, it was eaten by your parents ;) not Santa.
9 reindeers ;)

!-.Scammed.-!
19-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Santa is part real as he used to be real in i cant member where, but then they just hyped him up as a big advertising con!

NekkLe
19-12-2005, 02:08 PM
9 reindeers ;)
Yeh, I knew it was something like that ;) its just I typed 15 instead.

-Liam
19-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Santa is real!!! How do you think we get presents!!! Do you think our parents put them all out for you in a single night!

!-.Scammed.-!
19-12-2005, 02:21 PM
liam, stop bein sarky oh and son of dowk r chavvy

Wzrd
19-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Even thouh the santa we think of today isnt real it has to have come from somewhere. Most christian countries have christmas traditions in sweden,Denmark you got christmas elfs in iceland you have 13 santas and then you have st nick and the santa and tons of other traditions . Anywas i think most of this started just as a way to get to behave.

Eamonn
19-12-2005, 02:56 PM
No he actually chucked a bag of gold through there window every year :)

jamiefellows 17
19-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok it's impossible.

Copied off a website ;P:

1) No known species of reindeer can fly. But there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer only Santa has ever seen.

2) There are two billion children in the world. But since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, and Buddhist children. This reduces the workload down to 15% of the total-378 million according to the national population reference bureau. At an average (consensus) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes that there's at least one good child in each.

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the Earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/11000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat what ever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the

sleigh, and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are know talking about .78 miles per household, a trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us have to do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and the like. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3 000 times the speed of sound. For the purposes of comparison, the fastest manmade vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second- a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (2 lbs.), the sleigh is carrying 321,000 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as being overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" could pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,000 reindeer. This increases the payload-not even counting the weight of the sleigh- to 353,430 tons. Again for comparison- this is four times the weight of Bill Clinton.

5) 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance- this will heat up the reindeer up in the same fashion as space crafts reentering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 Quintillion joules of energy per second EACH. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing each of the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 43,155,015 pounds of force.

6) There is another factor which involves the specifications of the reindeer. Considering that the average roof of a house could hold perhaps 3 tons max, the 353 430 ton sleigh and reindeer would collapse the roof. As a guess, let's say that each of the reindeer are three yards long, the distance between them be two more yards, and the sleigh be ten yards long. If all of these were to be true, the entire reindeer team would be 611 miles long. Assuming the storage area for presents in the sleigh was ten yards by ten yards (which seems to be very big when compared to tradition images of Santa), the 378 million Lego sets (approximate dimensions: 8 inches, 6 inches, 3 inches) (that is, one present per child, without stocking stuffers) would take up a volume of 1,512,000,000 cubic yards. At this length, the sleigh would have to be made many miles long.

Excatly ^^

!-.Scammed.-!
19-12-2005, 07:19 PM
where did u find those facts. We had 2 write an essay about the facts and myth of santa for english! That would soooo help me! Please tell me!

Rob
19-12-2005, 08:02 PM
All Things Are Possible with the Creator even Flying Reindeer. Jesus Christ said , "With God all things are possible." This would include the possibility that Jesus Christ himself is God so He should know what He is talking about. As all things are possible with God then flying reindeer must be possible if you believe in the existence of God. Since God can create reindeer that can fly then the existence of flying reindoer proves that God exists. If they are not possible then belief in the Creator and God is not possible as all things are possible with God. If you beleive the Creator ~ God came into existence after the Universe began and took credit for it all then that's another story..
Flying Reindeer will be capitalized to indicate they fly as opposed to regular reindeer. They have appeared in flight on ancient rock carvings, and artifacts and evon the Mongolian Reindeer stones and sited by astronauts from space. They are very fond of a special kind of ... certain type of food which grows in Lapland, it's called Lichen, besides Flying Reindeer Snacks.They have Salt to replace that which they used up on their journey. The foods his Reindeer are given keep them healthy and in shape and the special nuts found nowhere else on Earth helps them and effects them geneticaly helping them to fly when they make their deliveries with Santa's S.L.E.I.G.H. I believe The Creator made the Flying Reindeer to help Santa spread the spirit of Christmas, and show proof that the Creator exists.

RedStratocas
19-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Santa is part real as he used to be real in i cant member where, but then they just hyped him up as a big advertising con!

Yeah, he used to be real, but not flying reindeer real:rolleyes:. There used to actually be a saint who gave toys to children and people praised him, but he didnt live in the north pole:rolleyes:

Reasoning for why they made up santa:

1. They made him live in the North Pole because no one is there, especially no kids. No kids can go up there and see, so the North Pole is too far from anywhere, so little kids cant and wont go to see.

2. To scare children. Every actually look at the lyrics for Santa Claus is coming to town? Isnt that the most disturbing song ever? It was made as a threat to parents to keep their kids quiet. "You cant cry, or santa wont come".

Wootzeh
19-12-2005, 10:08 PM
He WAS real, but he isn't now.
In other words, St Nick was our Santa now isn't.

Mr.Big
21-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Santa is real he was spotted outside of a strip club associating with The Mafia. No hes real and hes really cool. Hes my right hand man!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!