PDA

View Full Version : The online game known as "Counter Strike"

Chink
19-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I think this is a new game my dad bought it for me for chritmas. Does anyone play?

mnbvjifhgtge
19-12-2005, 02:04 PM
no one plays it anymore ;) download steam from www.steampowered.com i play it aswell as a huge fanbase that has been around since counterstrike was invented i presume

Chink
19-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I have the steaming program it came with 'Counter Strike Anthology' which my father purchased for me.

mnbvjifhgtge
19-12-2005, 02:23 PM
so that means that you have CounterStrike, CounterStrike : Condition Zero and CounterStrike : Condition Zero Deleted Scenes ?

Chink
19-12-2005, 05:42 PM
i am not in a sure way! i think there is other game in my steaming list i only played the counter striked though

GoldSolid
20-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Is there anywhere to download CS lol, I downloaded steam thinking it had counter strike with it lmao.. :(

EvilMaverick
20-12-2005, 10:21 PM
no one plays it anymore ;)
That's totally wrong... Counter-Strike is like one of the best first person shooting... this game rawks shame I can't play it anymore... got a **** computer atm... :( oh yea I own...

Edited by Mit (Forum Moderator): Please don’t avoid the word filter.

mnbvjifhgtge
21-12-2005, 08:19 PM
That's totally wrong... Counter-Strike is like one of the best first person shooting... this game rawks shame I can't play it anymore... got a **** computer atm... :( oh yea I own...

Edited by Mit (Forum Moderator): Please don’t avoid the word filter.

psst wink there not a smily face

Nixon!
27-12-2005, 11:24 AM
over 10 mill people still play css...even today

Wootzeh
29-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I think this is a new game my dad bought it for me for chritmas. Does anyone play?
new game? rofl.

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Is there anywhere to download CS lol, I downloaded steam thinking it had counter strike with it lmao.. :(
Lol, you have to buy Half Life or Half Life 2 in order to install counterstrike software. Half Life 2 has the newer version Counterstrike Source.

I own De_dust and De_dust2 and maybe the office ;)

Climbing
30-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Never heard of it:s

NekkLe
30-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Never heard of it:s
Its probably the best first person shooter online game now! Once you get stuck into playing it, its hard to offput, well for me it is :)

Tomush
30-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I Play it alot ;) As you can tell from my xfire > http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/2/tomcell.png

What servers you guys play on, i do play CS:S also.

NekkLe
30-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I Play it alot ;) As you can tell from my xfire > http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/2/tomcell.png

What servers you guys play on, i do play CS:S also.
I like to play on Dust and Dust2 as much as possible, there my faveroute maps so any server that has 24/7 Dust & Dust2 will be fine for me :)
I'll checkout some good servers which I find are used quite alot.

My login name (Steam account name) is 'thegame144' and my name I play with is >ÉPiK<

Tomush
30-12-2005, 09:00 PM
have you got xfire?

NekkLe
30-12-2005, 09:55 PM
have you got xfire?
Nope, how do you get it? and what does it do? Like display stats etc..?

Ree
30-12-2005, 09:58 PM
LOL my brother alwayes used to make me play it
"JONN I HATE SHOOTING GAMES"
"Sthu pretend its the power puff girls"
"uhh no"

Tomush
30-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Nope, how do you get it? and what does it do? Like display stats etc..?

Yeah, tell you how long you been on it and stuff, www.xfire.com and download it. You can also use it like a messenger. When you go on a server it saves it on xfire, so if you forget to add it to your favorites you can double click it and it sends you stragit there.

NekkLe
30-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Aah cool.

I'll wait till I get my new computor then I'll download it, my current computor doesn't support CSS and I've lost the disc for my CS:Cz. I've been playing CSS at my local gameshop. So I can't wait till I get my new computor ;D

DOOM Anomaly
31-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I haven't played Counter Strike in years. Two to be exact. :P

It was fun, but just didn't keep me too interested. I only really played a certain Super Heroes mod at the time, if I recall, as it added a fun, interesting level of play to the game. (Zipping around as Spider Man with Flash's speed and the Hulk's power and Punisher's firepower was quite the adventure.) While Steam never gave me all that much grief at the time, it's known for being a major star in driving people from playing Counter Strike or purchasing any future Valve games. Steam was kind of handy at times, but took up more resources on my computer than it should have.

The vast lot of the community of Counter Strike is even more scary than Steam though. :P While I can read what they are saying "3y3 0nz j00!1", it just isn't an enterprising feel. Though it is funny to see the reactions of such people, as a lot react in a very predictable fashion. The use of microphones makes it all the more enjoyable. But buying a game merely to smack-talk or laugh at the grammar of the players isn't much of an investment. :D

Basically put, Counter Strike is a good game that I enjoyed playing with friends every then and again. If I am to go for a newer First Person Shooter that is mainly online-based, I'd most likely go for UT2k4. Why, it has a mod similar to Counter Strike. But for me, Counter Strike doesn't stack up to Doom. :D (Keyboard-only for life, haha.)

bittin
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I mostly play 1.6 on mcdz.mine.nu and css on 213.202.214.63:27015

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!