PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Nation

Ste471
22-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Hey,

This is a new Habbo Fansite, its only been open for around 25 days and still needs ideas/feedback.

The site has quite a few things availiable, from News, rare values, a forum, articles, competitions (current one is to win a red amber and some christmas furni by doing a simple spot the difference)

So here it is.... www.habbonation.net

clear77
22-12-2005, 12:19 AM
wow m8 thats a really good looking site :D

ADAM:
22-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Great site :)

But theres about 3 different habbo nation

Yours

habbo-nation.co.uk
habbo-nation.com

But they are a bit **** any way :P

Hope it goes well for you

- Adam

Ste471
22-12-2005, 12:22 AM

Those two sites you said are both kinda dead... they dont have new news, one is for sale and the other just doesnt work very well.

clear77
22-12-2005, 12:23 AM
yours is the best out all of those 2 m8 :D

GommeInc
22-12-2005, 12:54 AM
It's good :D
It's a shame it boasts great Rare Values when I could pick out a few things about them. The Typewriter is no Normal Rare, why else would it be worth alot and all the other Normal Rares were in the Catalogue, Given out to Many Habbos or HC Gifts. So the Typewriter is in the wrong catagory. Plus the Rares aren't that much different to Habbox.

Other than that, it is good ;)

Dan Williamson
22-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey,

Firstly a nicely designed and coded Habbo Hotel fansite. Thats not something you see everyday!

Here is my evaluation of HabboNation.net

Design

From the first moment you can see it's going too be a well designed and developed site. Nice rounded table edges, which give it a unique look. Good looking navigation which looks like somebodys actually taken the time too design a few buttons for it, instead of people just jamming text links into an iframe.

Everythings well spaced out and not too crammed pack full! One thing in which could be improved but this is just in my opinion. The navigation box should really reach the bottom just so it matches the content box, I believe in like a symetrical site.

Coding

Well firstly I saw that it must be coded pretty well because of the quick loading screens. Then I took 5 minutes too review your source, It could be better but most people really don't think of this anymore.

You could have lots of neatness in your source code by using external stylesheets for your CSS and then an external Javascript page for all your Javascript.

This would save time and make your sites source look good. I also looked for bandwith stealing and too my suprise I found none which is almost impossible in these days lol.

Good code altogether could have a few things coded a little well but still awesome.

Development

Well this is a well developed site in which you don't see anymore it has all original content good updated news and lot of information. It has it's own rarevalues and is not ripped from Habbox.com which everyone seems too do nowadays "/

Ratings

All in all your site will get a good rating because all in all it's a brilliant site.

Design 85%
Code 80%
Development 95%

I'd say all in all a 90% 9/10 site.

Well done and +Rep added.

- Dan

ADAM:
22-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Well when you get 9/10 from raremandan you know its going to be good :)

- Adam

Dan Williamson
22-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Well when you get 9/10 from raremandan you know its going to be good :)

- Adam

And what is that supposed to mean :rolleyes: I'm not god you know!

- Dan

ADAM:
22-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Well you know what your talking about, you can tell if its a good site.

- Adam

Aid
22-12-2005, 03:57 PM
BORING.

Ste471
22-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

Dan yours was really helpful and detailed.

To be honest I haven’t been looking at the source a lot recently. All the updates that the site has had over the last 20 days would have made it a bit pointless, but now I have kind of arranged it better :P CSS would be better, although HN is the second site I have made ever... and I learn how to do things as I go along, I haven’t a clue about how to make that work *adds to list of things to learn*

Stealing from other peoples sites in terms of bandwidth shouldn't be done, reporters cant add images linked from other sites and hopefully the site never will either.

The rare values pages are more of a temporary situation. It’s run in cutenews at the moment, but I’m trying to find a way to have it a lot easier to sort them into value order. At the moment every rare below/above the changed value has to also be moved around. Not the fastest or least stressful way.

Thanks again :d

Edit: Aid - "boring" is basically spam. and if you can actually make a site that isn't just a simple and easy layout, then you can say what you think of it.

Dan Williamson
22-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Still.

I'm just giving you a few ideas on a quicker loading time.

And about the rare values you could make some kind of a content management system too hold them.

- Dan

Steven.
22-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Heyy Ste :)

(pssh, Im Ste (-50) from Habbling xD)

Nice site, i cant folt it. it has all the content you would expect, updates to the news would be good and im sure it will be a good site in the near future. :)

Anflex
28-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Great site, not as good as Habbox... but you'll get there ste.... eventually. :)

Dan Williamson
28-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Great site, not as good as Habbox... but you'll get there ste.... eventually. :)

Habbox is actually a rubbish site. It's the content that makes up for it.

Habbox has a tack layout with bad coding.

- Dan

Italic
28-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Great site, well done!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!