PDA

View Full Version : PLease ARGH Emo

Hecho
22-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Ok Someone Pl-Ease Tell Me what An Emo Is Its Annoying Me Everyone Is going on about it and i dont have a clue what they are

Adam$
22-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Emotive Hardcore.. I think. :rolleyes:

MR Furniture
22-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok Someone Pl-Ease Tell Me what An Emo Is Its Annoying Me Everyone Is going on about it and i dont have a clue what they are u dont wanna know bout em. they ****.

Hecho
22-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Still DOnt Get It

Rawr
22-12-2005, 02:04 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/habbox/emo1.png

Revis
22-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Search it on http://www.urbandictionary.com

kasi
22-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Emo is a genre of music... it's short for Emotive Hardcore. But, people have taken this and made it into a trend. Now, if you're an "emo kid" the stereotype is wearing band t shirts, converse, dark jeans, you have your hair cut short, you have an "emo fringe" which is your fringe going over your eyes, and your hair dyed black and blonde. If you're a guy, you usually wear tight girl jeans...

If anyone says they're an emo kid they're a poser and just think they are to be cool. Sometimes people go "oh well I'm just myself, I don't have a label." But they really do think they're an emo kid.

So yeah the genre of music is Emotive Hardcore like I said before. Bands that fit under that genre are anything that whines about how bad their life is etc.

Hecho
22-12-2005, 02:09 PM
so There Basically Attention Seekers

kasi
22-12-2005, 02:11 PM
so There Basically Attention Seekers
Yeah, but the people who go around the forum and they're like -slits- [me and bethie etc.] do it to make fun of the kids who wanna be "emo"

Vitality
22-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Im emo :rolleyes:

kasi
22-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Im emo :rolleyes:
sarcastic?

Vitality
22-12-2005, 02:20 PM
sarccastic?
Yes, lol

kasi
22-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, lol
lol okay.

Bef
22-12-2005, 02:39 PM
What kaye said on Page 1.
Emo is like the new fashion i guess.
Its just a bunch of wannabe's.
Greasy haired watsits... Da ghetto's where it's at this week... -GhettoLaugh-

Revis
22-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm gonna annoy alot of people by saying this, but Nirvana are emo. Good ol' Kurt was always whining about his life in his songs... :rolleyes:

kasi
22-12-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm gonna annoy alot of people by saying this, but Nirvana are emo. Good ol' Kurt was always whining about his life in his songs... :rolleyes:
lol yeah nirvana were emo a while back, now its like simple plan -cough emo wannabes cough- WELCOME TO MY LIFE, I HATE IT, HAVE YOU EVER FELT THIS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? its like "earplugs should come with this cd"

Revis
22-12-2005, 03:18 PM
lol yeah nirvana were emo a while back, now its like simple plan -cough emo wannabes cough- WELCOME TO MY LIFE, I HATE IT, HAVE YOU EVER FELT THIS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? its like "earplugs should come with this cd"
And Slipknot! They write 2 parts to Vermillion just to moan about some Girl...

Crono
22-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Bands that fit under that genre are anything that whines about how bad their life is etc.

Aww, there's some good "real" emo bands out there. :(

Joe.
22-12-2005, 03:25 PM
i wudnt sey i am but i do like some emo bands

taking back sunday
inme
The used

Crono
22-12-2005, 03:33 PM
i wudnt sey i am but i do like some emo bands

taking back sunday
inme
The used

Well, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, and My Chemical Romance are all bands that people think are "emo" but they're more along the lines of "pop 'punk'". But don't get me wrong, I love Taking Back Sunday and The Used.

I haven't heard much of InMe so I won't say anything about them.

An example of real emo bands would be Saves The Day and Sunny Day Real Estate, and kind of Alkaline Trio.

NekkLe
22-12-2005, 04:20 PM
People who would like to be portrayed as lifes dismal aspects. But some of them act like that.
I'd say that music is an expression, Emo music is an expression of someones feelings.

Jordan3
22-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't call The Used emo, more orgassmic?

Bef
22-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Mmm orgassmic <3

NekkLe
22-12-2005, 04:26 PM
o.O'er -listens to The Used-
:$

Punky
22-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I hate when ppl go ona bout emo kids >.< 'cause they have no idea what they;re talkin about. Emo is emotional punk, bands such as Bright eyes, Thursday, And you will know us by the trail of dead, Taking back sunday etc... The genre isn't new and neither is the 'trend' it's just more and more ppl are finding out what it's about. Ppl who dress like the stereotype to fit ina re not emo, you have to listen to the music. And to those people who always say 'people shouldn't label', most people label themselves.

kasi
22-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, and My Chemical Romance are all bands that people think are "emo" but they're more along the lines of "pop 'punk'". But don't get me wrong, I love Taking Back Sunday and The Used.

I haven't heard much of InMe so I won't say anything about them.

An example of real emo bands would be Saves The Day and Sunny Day Real Estate, and kind of Alkaline Trio.
Yeah, the last 3 you said are real emo music. Not MCR. Gah I hate MCR.. -vomit-

Craig
22-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't call Alkaline Trio emo music actually. It's not really the whining you hear from most emo.

kasi
22-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't call Alkaline Trio emo music actually. It's not really the whining you hear from most emo.
emo isn't just all whining though.

Craig
22-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah,but it mainly is either whining or moaning bout an ex girlfriend.
Its like everyone thought Blink were punk. No they werent -chuckle-

kasi
22-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah,but it mainly is either whining or moaning bout an ex girlfriend.
Its like everyone thought Blink were punk. No they werent -chuckle-
blink are pop punk but some of their lyrics are "emo"

Toes
22-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Emo is a genre of music... it's short for Emotive Hardcore. But, people have taken this and made it into a trend. Now, if you're an "emo kid" the stereotype is wearing band t shirts, converse, dark jeans, you have your hair cut short, you have an "emo fringe" which is your fringe going over your eyes, and your hair dyed black and blonde. If you're a guy, you usually wear tight girl jeans...

If anyone says they're an emo kid they're a poser and just think they are to be cool. Sometimes people go "oh well I'm just myself, I don't have a label." But they really do think they're an emo kid.

So yeah the genre of music is Emotive Hardcore like I said before. Bands that fit under that genre are anything that whines about how bad their life is etc.

*points* Thats it exactly!

Crono
22-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Yeah. I guess you're right. But like Kaye said, not all emo music is just whining.

Craig
22-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes quite a few of Blinks lyrics are emo.
But Alkaline Trio are not what I'd call full emo. My mate went to see them and he absolutely hates emo,all types of it.

ttranquility.
22-12-2005, 05:35 PM

so freaking true. (: +rep for that one. I agree 100238%. :D

ttranquility.
22-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I hate when ppl go ona bout emo kids >.< 'cause they have no idea what they;re talkin about. Emo is emotional punk, bands such as Bright eyes, Thursday, And you will know us by the trail of dead, Taking back sunday etc... The genre isn't new and neither is the 'trend' it's just more and more ppl are finding out what it's about. Ppl who dress like the stereotype to fit ina re not emo, you have to listen to the music. And to those people who always say 'people shouldn't label', most people label themselves.

sorry for double posting but i didnt read this one, emotional punk? :\ Thats what so much people think now, but it really is emotive hardcore, look it up in dictionarys,[urban works best for these situations.] And i agree with the genre isnt new, part. Brilliant.

kasi
22-12-2005, 06:47 PM
so freaking true. (: +rep for that one. I agree 100238%. :D
+rep back :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!