PDA

View Full Version : A Piece Of Your Mind - Ends 19th January

StripedTiger
23-12-2005, 01:46 PM
For over a year Habbox competitions have been running. Many different staff have participated in creating them and giving you things to do and giving you prizes. But there is where you come in. Habbox competitions are giving you a chance to give us some ideas. There is an idea thread but here is where you can win a prize! What I would like you to do is give the competitions some ideas, advice and some help. Is there anything that has ran across your mind a few times? Any ideas on how we can run competitions better and prevent cheating and copying? Well here is your chance, so what are you waiting for? Get posting!

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions, just click on the post reply icon.

The 3 best ideas will be picked and the members who own those ideas will each recieve 1 HC sofa kindly donated by Butcher11

Your entry should look like the example below: -

Habbo Name: Aquae
Habbox Name:
My entry:-

This competition will run until 19th January unless otherwise stated. When the competition finishes Aquae will pick the winner(s) and the prize will be handed over in Habbo Hotel UK.

One entry per Habbox Member ONLY (this includes 2 different entries in one post).
Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom:

Terms and conditions: To prevent unfair competitions, we only allow one entry for each Habbox member and one pc. If more entries are sent using the same Habbox member and/or pc, all the entries will be withdrawn from the competition. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on 19th January 2006. The winner will be announced in this forum and in this thread. They will be private messaged by Aquae to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Aquae will be judging the competition. Any harassment or attempted bribery will get you disqualified and could even get you into trouble on the Forum. ALL Habbox staff are excluded from participating in Competitions, unless Competition states they may. This includes all sites and departments that are involved with Habbox. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes must be claimed within two months of the winner(s) being announced in the announcement forum. Unclaimed prizes will be used again in a future Competition or in any other Habbox competition event.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments it is not the place to so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to one of the Competition Moderators or post in the competition question/comments forum.

Congratulations to:

Cassie entry 10
Syrupymonkey entry 12
LewstherinII entry 7

They each win 1 HC sofa each :)

brodeo
23-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I have a few ideas run past the competitions team:
1. In some competitions have it so ideas cannot be stolen <3 In one competition somebody stole my idea and di it exactly the same... but it wasn't ripped so it didn't count.
2. As well as posting in announcements when somebody wins have a congratulations rooms where the competition staff post screenies of habbos recieveing there prizes. Everyone can congratulate them.
3. More abnormal competitions. Sure we can all do alts, all write poems... what about short stories, quizzes (winner out of the hat), graphics (signatures, avatars), puzzles, riddles e.t.c... i see many of the comps repeated again and again.
4. Animation competitions. Safety steps used to run but doesn't anymore. Don't call it animations if there aren't any animation comps. Like animated messenger icons, safety steps, amateur movie e.t.c.

ainsley
25-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Habbo Name: !!J-Lo!!
Habbox Name: Ainsley
Entry:
People will always have ways to cheat and copy, but maybe instead of having us post answers to competitions on the boards, we could email them?
I am sure this has probably been discussed more then once by the people at habbox, and therefore it must create some problems. For example, currently, any habbox member who wishes to create a competition, can. which is excellent.
However, it is also, perhaps, risky. Because anyone can create a competition, how can we be sure that they will actually have (and award) the prizes which they claim to have? Also, maybe they are just going to use their favourite answers from the competition to enter another competition on a different site. That would still be copying.
It is obivious that currently, it is impossible to completely block out any chances of plaguarism and copying, but there might be a chance for us to try and prevent it. We could do this by having extra prizes on the side for originality, or by simply looking at the answers and seeing which are obviously copied (yes, it can be done). Maybe each competition will only have a space of 5 minutes in which to enter answers, for instance, you could give the entrants one month to formulate an answer, but 5 minutes here and there to in which to place entries. Anyways, prevention is better than cure, so i hope my letter helps.

Merry Christmas All!

Colleen
29-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I agree with Ainsley ppls ideas are branched off of er stolen... so ye sinstead of posting them in the thread pm them to the comp organizer... dont e-mail them cuz ppl can hax ppl etc.... its jsut alot better to pm them with the comp name in the "title" or "subjecty" bar... and sending it is just the same as posting it... with yer habbo name n habbox name....

on the comp forums i think the Mods should just delete a post that has nothing to do with a comp putting the big red writing on their post is rather annoying and distracting also it makes the thread abnormally long... and ppl like to cause trouble by randomly posting to annoy people....

The competitions the staff comes up with are great... but lack creativity.... we need fun and exciting things.. rather than just alterations n poems etc... how about doing sumtin likeeeee a scaenger hunt... but the key is its not on habbo..... its on maybe other habbo related sites... getting the habbos to learn more about what makes habbo hotel... or they can go to different habbo fan sites to look for things.... n they have to copy n paste the picture of each thing they need and say which site they got it from.... or it could just be a scavenger hunt on habbox.... to promote habbox and habbox radio etc...

The titles of the competitions need some work too.. if u want more players... try thinking of more interetsing titles... to draw ppl into at least reading what the comp is about... if it sounds boreing by the topic most ppl wont evenm go into the thread n read what the comp is about..

I know this site is habbo based.... but have u ever considered branching off in the competitions? you can always join up with other popular website or forums... and get involved with different ethnic cultures... and get involved with ppl outside of habbo.... making prizes suited for that tho may be difficult... but the prizes can still be based on habbo jsut everyone that played habbo is also interested in other areas...... like I know Runescape is rather popular.... maybe do some research in that and get people who like ti to i dunno... get a screenie of something er the comp can be like telling you what it is about etc...

I like how u make seasonal comps.... but you only do it for main holidays... and there are parts of the year when there arent any holidays around so maybe make your own special habbox holiday and celebrate it.... make competitions etc..... just go nuts n wild with it.... i think habbos and everyone will have fun..... :) because some people dont celebrate certain holidays or ne holidays for that matter... this could be something everyone could get involved in..... :)

Thats all I can think of now.... but i may think of more... and I guess I'll jsut send u a pm with them and u can add em to my post er w.e er just keep em in mind.... i dont wanna post again n get the evil red writing :P ne ways thnx for your attention.. :)

H
31-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Habbo name: Muppet

Habbox name: xxHayley_Hxx

Entry:

An idea for a competition is using one of the longest words in the dictionary and getting people to post ONE new word you could make out of the original word, followed by a good explaination of what the word means.

This prevents cheating as you cannot use someone elses word they have already used. The winner is the person with the best word and explanation.

pink@fluff
02-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Some ideas:

1. I don't know how possible this is, but you could make it so that when a user has posted in a competition thread, they cannot physically post again. This could go a long way in reducing the number of spam posts.

2. Competitions that centre around this forum instead of habbo would be good. It would also draw people to less popular parts of the forum. Perhaps things like finding a picture somewhere on the forum or a piece of information.

3.I don't know if this is done already but habbox could employ people whose job it is to check for plaguarism. In writing competitions this could be done by simply searching a couple of lines in a seach engine. In an alt competition it would take a little more work but it can be done. This would cut down on cheating and hopefully those annoying posts that say " X stole XX's alt!"

4. The Habbox member competitions are great but they always are about making avatars or signatures. Maybe Habbox should be more picky with the competitions they pick and look for more originality with the ideas. Personally I think avatar and signatures comps should be kept in the Request An Alt forum.

5. Interactive comps would be nice. Occasionly, Habbox could do a competition (any comp) where the winner is decided by the 'Habbox Public'. Most of the time entrants do not know how their entry will be judged. Sometimes great entrys will not win just because they do not appeal to the judge's taste. If you had lots of people voting for the winner, the judging would be a lot fairer. Obviously all this would require is a simple poll inserted into the thread after the comp has closed. Then there would be a certain time length (say a week) in which you can vote.

Habbo name: PinksForum

Enjoy :)

LewstherinII
05-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Habbo Name: Locksly
Habbox Name: LewstherinII
My Entry...

All right...you've got your great grammar and talent competitions on Habbox like Jibbi used to run on Habbo...and you can't beat those. And then you have the popularity exclusive-to-Habbo competitions...that Callie likes to use.

Different people like different things; there are a number of things that competitions could be made about. What about a poetry one? The Habbo with the most catchy; rhymic and rhymic poem wins? Or what about a poem in absoultely correct Shakespearean English, but still rhyming and catchy?

It might also be a good idea to have an awards ceremony. The winning 3 Habbos might be allowed to invite 5 people each or so; and each 'team' drssed up in a common costume. There are designated seats in the room for them. Why not have a game or two before the prizes are handed out?
The prize should be a normal trophy and perhaps a Rare or two. Nothing big...but enough to recognize talent. Then the winning entry post should be stickied to the forum so others can view it. If any plaguerism is used; the user should be disqualified, I think.

Keep the good competitions going, that's all we really need, though :) Not the popularity ones where the average Joe can;t win. And perhaps there should be a 'search party' competition, where on one of the pages on the Habbox homepage, you have to find a small flashing pixel, or a hidden yellow message you must highlight to find? Winning entries could be sent by email to avoid plaguerism, which in turn for other comps, should be checked.

ttranquility.
05-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Habbo name; Nerdx.x
Habbox name; ttranquility.
Entry;[idea]
Well, i have seen and enteterd, alot of competitions. And most of them i see alot of people double posting entrys, or saying at the end of they're entry"PICK ME!". Well, it gets anoyying, and so i have had some ideas, here they are.

-if someone double posts saying"BTW, PICK ME!" or somthing, the person should get a warning, and if he/she keeps on doing it, then the person should get a punishment.

-Some of the best people who never win anything dont get picked, and most people who get picked have got picked before. And its unfair, to all the other awesome ideas, so i think habbox should keep a list of people who have won. So then not for a while other people can win.

-If someone is being rude,mean,ect, to the other persons post, like by saying"those are stupid." or "ugh, that picture is ugly", then that person should get disqulafied for trying to make the other people loose there confidence, its not there choice to juj on the other competitors.

-When someone enters twice, the first entry should be deleted, because the person obivously made a second entry better, and they shouldnt get to have 2 entrys, it could increase the chance of them winning.

kthx. <3

Outcast
05-01-2006, 05:08 AM
Habbo Name: Outcast (Habbo Canada) I don't need a prize.
Habbox Name: Outcast
Entry: Have a contest where people make habbox alterations that involve pictures involving habbox type things. The best entrys will be picked and then you put up a poll so habbo can vote for their favourite.

ilovejordan
14-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Habbo name : Caspaa
Habbox name : Cassie

I think that if a person double posts saying PICK ME" or something then their entry should be discolofied [can't spell] LOL andi think in each competitions like alts an poems etc there should be a final 10 and a poll then a final 3 etc and we all vote so like more people involved. I also think that there should be a right click protection on competition entries - well actually the people entering should have a choice to protect it.

Dupion
16-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Habbo name: Dupion
Habbox name: R
My entry:

Well basically there are lots of things that could be improved so I'll just say a few of my ideas ;).

1. More competitions that involve out of habbox, e.g habbo
Maybe have a few competitions that involve the hotel that made this forum? ;)

2. Rippers for alterations should be banned auto, instead of a caution or w/e
It is not fair on the others who actually want to enter the competition fairly, and not fair on the original alterations artists.

3. Competitions for the newbies only! ;)
Give the newbies a nice welcome, only newbies can enter these competitions. For example, they could win 1 months V.I.P or some furni. :)

thanks.

myke
19-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Hmmm, I think maybe have right-click protection just like Cassie said but that is not part of my entry kai.

Here is mine:

Habbo(x) Name: Syrupymonkey

1. Maybe have design-a-room competitions? Like design a room to the description said.

2. Maybe guess a pic, Like you scramble a picture and we have to guess what it is

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!