PDA

View Full Version : Lots of info on Computer games and stuff.

Tommy
23-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok so i know loads of info on computer games so here is a round up on stuff.

Nintendo revolution:

The date for total reveiling of the nintendo revolution has been set, and a countdown has begun, until the gaming revolution. Whats the date then?

May 9th, 2006

So what else is happening in the mad MAD world of nintendo? Well since there isnt much to report on because nintendo are keeping very very quiet about there plans. I can reveal the first game to officially be planned for the revolution! What else than the amazing, Zelda:Twighlight Princess.
According to NGC Magazine, Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Gamecube will be playable on the Revolution using its unique controller, a release date of November 2006 was also confirmed.

And people doubting nintendo's ability's... well just to let you know that when you say the graphics are rubbish, you dont know half of it because not even nintendo have released that kind of data yet.
The nintendo will come as one blow, and boy what a big blow! It will rise in all its glory!

Xbox 360:

Hard to follow that quick shout of glory. Xbox 360 isnt doing very well and could be labelled as the worst mistake ever made by microsoft. Even beating windows xp! With only half of the 150,000 that were delivered to be sold in japan. And half of the consoles having to be recalled because of faulty wiring. Its not going down to well. But what next i hear you ask? Well the great King Kong game which has sold with amazing figures, has been said to of been faulty and no one should buy it because it is too dark on screens. A develepor of the game says how disappointed he is that he never realised it during testing. Proof = here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4525318.stm)

So far the xbox is a dissapointment and if you are getting over excited about opening it at xmas. Ill tell you this. It is highly over rated. And the games are well... repetitive!

Playstation 3:

The up and coming Playstation is planned to lose a massive $1 billion at launch. But easily made up with a wide range of add ons and games to be sold at launch also. It plans to lose $100 (£70 ish) on every console! And is taking the same approach as Microsoft, but hopefully with a bit more success. Suprisingly there isnt much fuss over the playstation 3. Not much excitement is going around and no one can uncontrollably wait for it. Maybe sony went totally the wrong way around this. They havnt got it on the shelves as fast as they can, and they havnt kept any of it as a secret. therefore not causing much excitement. Sony need to get in the game. There losing customers!

So does that make youre decision any better? Have you chouse youre console. I have. Have you?

Charles
23-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Ooh. That'd be pretty cool, playing Zelda on the Revolution.
Some good info, +rep ;]

Tommy
23-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Ooh. That'd be pretty cool, playing Zelda on the Revolution.
Some good info, +rep ;]
I thank you <3

NekkLe
23-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice info.

Well, it definatley looks like the Revolution will top both Microsoft and Sony this year? I'm still weary whether to buy an Xbox 360 or not? I'd like to know more about the PS3 before I do anything.
+REP.

JoeyK.
23-12-2005, 09:31 PM
I this there's a bit of bias here...

Bear-Max
23-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah, the info is a tad biased, but still some good information.

I'm excited about the Revolution, but I don't think it's doing itself any favours by launching so late. By the time it comes out people will either have an Xbox 360 or waiting for a PS3 (if the PS3 does launch before the Revolution, I assume there will be shortages similar to that of the 360).

Xbox 360 in Japan. Not much to say there. The Japanese never have been big supporters of Microsoft and the original Xbox was a flop. Still, the future seems pretty bright - there are quite a few RPGs in development for the green machine and there are many a Japanese developer signed up to make games for the 360. Hideo Kojima (the mastermind behind Metal Gear Solid) has also said that there is basically no differences in capacity between the PS3 and 360, and that the MGS4 real-time footage could just as easily be ported to the Xbox 360 without any trouble. What you've said about the games is fair enough, though you need to stress that what you said is simply your opinion :P I think that the 360 has brought quite a good bunch of launch titles. Aside from the lazy ports from the current generation, there are some very impressive games amongst those that came out on launch day. Just think of the PS2 launch; the best games were probably FantaVision (a firework simulator...) and Tekken Tag Tournament. Not exactly great, eh?

As for PS3 losses, you're bang on right, except that it's rumoured that they'll lose up to $170 per console as Blu-ray drives have been driving up development costs (as well as the possible feature of having games only work on one console - which I hope is just a rumour), a massive $50 dollars less than the $126 Microsoft are currently losing per console on the 360. Though, most consoles (bar the Nintendo ones) operate at a loss per console, so it's not terribly new news. Still, could do Sony some harm; they're not exactly flourishing fiscally.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!