PDA

View Full Version : Putting videos on your iPod - Free and LEGAL

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't wanna pay to upgrade to Quicktime pro? Here's a free and easy way to put videos on your iPod ;)

On google search "ipod converter" just scroll through the sites for a program that fits you *Download at your own risk, some may have keyloggers/viruses*.

Here's the basic stuff you need to do...

1. Transcode your video
2. Put in your iTunes library
3. Put onto your iPod

And you're done :D

(Most of the programs/websites should contain tutorials for how to transcode your video)

*This isn't illegal, Quicktime pro is just what is recommended by Apple. Quicktime pro just makes the process faster. The only thing that would be considered illegal is if the user is using video/music that they don't own legally.*

Tommy
27-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Don't wanna pay to upgrade to Quicktime pro? Here's a free and easy way to put videos on your iPod ;)

On google search "ipod converter" just scroll through the sites for a program that fits you *Download at your own risk, some may have keyloggers/viruses*.

Here's the basic stuff you need to do...

1. Transcode your video
2. Put in your iTunes library
3. Put onto your iPod

And you're done :D

(Most of the programs/websites should contain tutorials for how to transcode your video)

*This isn't illegal, Quicktime pro is just what is recommended by Apple. Quicktime pro just makes the process faster. The only thing that would be considered illegal is if the user is using video/music that they don't own legally.*
Omg i love you x]
I got quicktime with the ipod though, wont that work?

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 09:21 PM
No, you have to upgrade Quicktime to Quicktime pro for something around 29.99 (USD). Quicktime pro is easier to put the videos on, but you must pay to upgrade.

Tommy
27-12-2005, 09:23 PM
No, you have to upgrade Quicktime to Quicktime pro for something around 29.99 (USD). Quicktime pro is easier to put the videos on, but you must pay to upgrade.
I see... well i shall try it out now then =]
Ta for that <33

Laura.
27-12-2005, 09:47 PM
OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!1 +rep

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I've just learnt now, that some programs leave "TRIAL" over your video when you view it on your iPod. I use "Videora iPod Converter". It gives you a nice clear video :)

Remember! Download/install at your own risk!

paradox
27-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Did your videos work Patrick?

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Did your videos work Patrick?

Yup, every single one of my videos are working well. Having problems, or just a question?

Laura.
27-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, How easy is it to use? Cos im thick

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Well here's a tutorial for the program I use (Videora).

1. Open Videora
2. Click "Transcode New Video"
3. Locate file
4. Change the name for the video (optional)
5. Click "Apply"
6. Wait for it to transcode
7. Open iTunes
8. Click File > Add file to library
9. Locate file
10. Change file details (in iTunes - optional)
11. Put onto your iPod with iTunes
12. Enjoy

To put your transcoded file(s) into a certain folder do the following

1. Open Videora
2. Click "setup"
3. Change the "Output videos to"
4. Transcode your video and such

Enjoy ;)

Here's the link for Videora: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/
DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK! (I wont stop saying that) :P

Laura.
27-12-2005, 10:50 PM
It doesnt work for me :@

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 10:52 PM
It doesnt work for me :@

The link, or the program?

Laura.
27-12-2005, 10:59 PM
well, ive got the program and i transcoded it.. then i did the rest, but it doesnt work from then on.

PatrickBuddy
27-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Make sure your iPod is set so it updates the new stuff, and that it only updates all checked items. Once you make sure your iPod is set like that, add the video(s) to your library. Right click your iPod on iTunes, then click update. From there, it should update the video(s) onto your iPod.

If that doesn't seem to be doing anything, check your iPod under videos then look in all the catagories. Sometimes the video file(s) get set as other things (instead of "movie" or "music video"). I believe the default setting is "Movie"

Laura.
27-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Right. Because I want to choose the songs on my iPod If I do it your way, it adds all the unwanted songs. Which is annoying. :s

PatrickBuddy
28-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Well, you can just un-check the songs that you don't want. It'll take a few minutes, but it works out in the end :)

Tommy
28-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Ya see why isnt mine not this easy? It just doesnt work when i click start!

PatrickBuddy
28-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Make sure your output is a correct file...If you used a different folder, try using the default folder

HUGECOOL
28-12-2005, 03:26 AM
I use Xilisoft Video Converter (Here's the link (http://www.xilisoft.com/downloads/x-video-converter.exe) for all you lazy poosticks) and it's very easy to use.

Just add your file, select iPod Video form the drop-down list, and press 'Encode'.

After it's done, you open the folder in which it was copied into and drag the video to your iTunes library or the iPod playlist. x]

Hope that helps!

Luayminator
28-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Ima tell my sister :) smarty

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!