PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

TooClose$
27-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey guys..
i was in r.e yesterday, and my teacher got me thinking. (yes... me)

Is Abortion Really that bad? i totally dissagree with it but my r.e teacher put up a really good argument.

What if a young girl was raped? would you make her keep the baby? it would ruin her life.

or if the mother/father was heavily disabled?

Hmm... not sosure now.. :S

wot u guys think?

Butch- Please be careful as this is a sensitive issue, any arguments will lead to closing of thread- gracias :)

:Illusion
27-11-2004, 02:38 PM
The only time i'd agree with it, is if one of the two lives were in danger after/during the pregnancy.

And rape, yeah it must be hard to have to look at it everyday after what happened, but there's always adoption, and there's no shortage of people who are so desperate for kids that they don't care how they got here or what's wrong with them, seems unfair to not give you're kid and someone who'd actually want it a chance.

Most people who have abortions are just kids themselves who are only worried about what their parents will say or whether it's gonna stop them from going out, so they kill it, pretend nothing happened then sit back and have depression for the next few years because they 'regret' it :doubt: smart.

So unless it's life threatening for them or the baby, then I don't think there's any excuse for it :eusa_whis

hellamatrix
27-11-2004, 03:06 PM
I agree with Illusion ..

Spare a thought for the baby/ies , its just a poor innocent life and whether it lives anot you do not have the rights to innterfere .. Maybe it really wanted to live ? ( Just like Illusion said ) . The person will regret for a long time or even more than 10 years . I have seen on TV that people aborting the baby and she is still regretting about it for 14 years .. Can you imagine sufferning that long ?

Simonac55
27-11-2004, 03:20 PM
In some parts, I totally disagree with it. People got to be more careful when they do something more private and there is other solutions then killing a baby. But there is cases of emergencies, like someone did something to someone, wich is very sad, and I don't think those people want the baby and remember what they did bad to them. But appart from that case, I disagree with it and they should be more careful.

Mentor
27-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I agree with its use, but it is NOT normal in any sence of the word. The baby isnt going to ciar itehr way, if your dead your dead, abortion thogh is still a last resort, there are cases where it is going to be essenta, aka in the sitution where both the mother and baby will die during birth, so it better to only kill oen than both. Athogh if people where more responcible it would have to happen far less.

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 03:50 PM
well, there are definate arguments for both sides.

can u deny a child the right to live, even before the child has been born?

BUT

how can the child live with the knowledge that their real parents simply didn;t want them, that would make them feel unloved, rejected.

this is a definate subject that requires alot of though, deep thought. it all depends on your veiw on life.

Mentor
27-11-2004, 03:56 PM
but how would i child mis life if it had never exsparinced it, technily has its hant yet lived consiosly yet, your not taking iot away from it as it hasnt yet been given.

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 03:59 PM
so are you saying that if a hild has not been born yet, they dont have the right to live? in my oppinion, everyone has the RIGHT to a life, to live, to breathe.

Mentor
27-11-2004, 04:02 PM
But a serios question if you were killed, would you cair? in my persption know, you would be dead, beoned cairing, ened, if an unwanted child was born it would have a horrible life, wich is worse than haveing non at all. you cant miss somthing you never had. Plus, hwo can you say somthing has a right to live, if it doenst also have a right to die, like that child in the papers that was in constant pain becuse its partenst kept having it resusited. in the end i think it was finaly allowed to die thogh

Concentric
27-11-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't think that it should be used as a means of contraception, and i look down upon teenagers going for abortions because they weren't careful.
However, I don't agree that the baby will feel sad that it's been killed, and i do believe the parents have the right to do it if they wish. To be honest i would feel very sad if i grew up knowing i'd been adopted because my parents abandoned me. I'd rather've been terminated while i wasn't even a person, and probly come out of someone else, but thats a quite different topic.

Mentor
27-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I don't think that it should be used as a means of contraception,
I would agree 100% without doubt on that point. useing it knowingly as a method of contraspetion is wrong, it could be justifed if it was a msitakje, but if it wa spalned to be used as then it is deffantly wrong in my opinion

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 04:10 PM
if u look on my first post to this thread, i stated that aswell, i gave an argument for both sides. i agree with mentor, but not 100%. he gives a good point, but the right to a childs life should not be put in the hands of anyone other than the child. there are cases of adoption where the child lives happily in their life, with a family that is not their blood, but that family still loves them with all their heart, no one can predict the future of an unborn child. for all you know, that child could be the next albert einstein (unlikely but u get my piont) there are so many possiable things a child could do. many people who changed the world didn;t have perfect lifes, no one can have a perfect life, but it should not be decided upon by anyone other than the child itself.

Concentric
27-11-2004, 04:12 PM
so are you going to ask the child while its in the womb?

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 04:14 PM
lol, ok then mayb u can't, but my point is that the child still has the right to live, and he does have the right to die aswell, when his or her time has come.

Concentric
27-11-2004, 04:22 PM
so you're saying that every child should be born before they can be killed?

Mentor
27-11-2004, 04:28 PM
if u look on my first post to this thread, i stated that aswell, i gave an argument for both sides. i agree with mentor, but not 100%. he gives a good point, but the right to a childs life should not be put in the hands of anyone other than the child. there are cases of adoption where the child lives happily in their life, with a family that is not their blood, but that family still loves them with all their heart, no one can predict the future of an unborn child. for all you know, that child could be the next albert einstein (unlikely but u get my piont) there are so many possiable things a child could do. many people who changed the world didn;t have perfect lifes, no one can have a perfect life, but it should not be decided upon by anyone other than the child itself.
i see your point about maybe ist the next great leader or person who cures canser thats may be being killed, plus even with teh argument at the very top, if the woman is rapes, its not the childs fault. The problem occurs on when u persiv that the bundle of cells becomes a child, u could go far back enogh to say every sperm is a child, and therefore billions ar being mureded each minute. THe law in the uk allows abortiosn up to a certain point becuse they deem at the point its a child and desereves rights, ratehr than a ball of cells wich isnt realy naything yet, to most people. if u get what im on about

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 04:37 PM
every child has trhe right to a life, that is my main point of argument.it is not to us to assume that an unexpected child will have a miserable life, that one child you kill could do wonderful things for the world, or he could not. abortion under cirtain circumstances may be considerable, but not all. i have just debated it with my mither, and mayb underaged - child pregnacies should consider abortion, but women at the age of 20, having abortiins is just wrong.

27-11-2004, 04:53 PM
mayb underaged - child pregnacies should consider abortion, but women at the age of 20, having abortiins is just wrong.
Underage pregnancies shouldn't be treated any differently, if they're old enough to be taking the risk of gettin pregnant, then they're old enough to face up to it if it does happen.

To be honest i would feel very sad if i grew up knowing i'd been adopted because my parents abandoned me.
But in a weird way would you not also be happy/grateful that you were brought up by people who actually wanted you and could give you a better start than what you're real parents could?

Concentric
27-11-2004, 04:55 PM
But in a weird way would you not also be happy/grateful that you were brought up by people who actually wanted you and could give you a better start than what you're real parents could? No i don't think i could love my adoption parents fully if i knew that they were'nt my real parents.

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 04:56 PM
that is what i am trying to say! as much as the blood related parents may not want the child, at least some have the decency to give the child a chance with a family that WILL love them and WILL take care of them. but not all of these situations are "happily ever after" stories.........

u may not be able to love you adopted parents, but when u think about it, they would have given you the life that your birth parents refused to give you, but felt you had the right to have.

annabanana
27-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I am totally for abortion. The feotus/embryo has no claims on its mothers body. Keeping a baby so you can give it up for adoption sounds alot simpler then it is. There are tonnes are children who will grow up in childrens home and never have proper perants, plus perhaps the mother cannot handle the emotional trauma and having somthing growing inside her your 9months that she does not want.
I think abortions should be given without question.

However i think that the abortion limit (24 weeks) Should be reduced since the feotus can live outside the Uterus after 23 weeks. You will not be able to change my views on abortion ;)

GommeInc
27-11-2004, 08:03 PM
I highly disagree with abortion, everyone has the right to live and unless the baby may have a low chance of dying and will suffer in life, then it should be taken a head but if the baby will be completely normal and will enjoy life, then it shouldn't be allowed, would you life to ripped out piece by piece right when you were about to be born and going to enjoy the world?

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 08:24 PM
I am totally for abortion. The feotus/embryo has no claims on its mothers body. Keeping a baby so you can give it up for adoption sounds alot simpler then it is. There are tonnes are children who will grow up in childrens home and never have proper perants, plus perhaps the mother cannot handle the emotional trauma and having somthing growing inside her your 9months that she does not want.
I think abortions should be given without question.

However i think that the abortion limit (24 weeks) Should be reduced since the feotus can live outside the Uterus after 23 weeks. You will not be able to change my views on abortion ;)

so you would agree with abortions being used as a way of contreception? now that is a use of abortion that i STRONGLY dissagree with, before the cuple even thing about doin u know wat, they should use domestic contreception (you know what i mean)

as for gomme. i agree 100% with his statement, he has sed it all. also underaged pregnancies, children at the ages of 12 years old are getting pregnant in these days. this should be the limitations of abortions. ***-education should be more enforced and more worked upon in schools.

Fingerboots
27-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah we were doing Abortion in R.E a while ago.. But, I agree.. If a young girl got raped, do you think she would really want to see the rapist's face everytime she looked at her baby? The things I don't agree with, is it's when it's your own fault.. Say, getting drunk then pregnant, then asking for an abortion.
So I'm 50/50 *Shrugs* I just think it's cruel on the child as it has no say. But at the end of the day, it's the woman's body so they should be able to do what they want, surely?

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 08:55 PM
tru, its the womans body, but its the baby's life. true, if a girl got raped then ok, the kid will just be a remeberance symbol of the raper. its gud to know that habbox-members are aware of things like this, and can give such an argumentative debate on it.

Ciaran
27-11-2004, 09:10 PM
i personally think its all the parents choice... think about it... it isnt fair on a young parent... its too much to handle and there is nothing wrong with it...

27-11-2004, 09:13 PM
i personally think its all the parents choice... think about it... it isnt fair on a young parent... its too much to handle and there is nothing wrong with it...

If it's too much for them to handle then they should be alot more careful and then they wouldn't be stuck with havin to make that choice :eusa_doh:

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 09:22 PM
but young parents at like the age of 12-15, thats under the LEGAK age for *** for a reason- if they become pregnant, then the emotional + physical effects it has on the couple, may be too much to handel. it will affect their schooling, as well as the fear of being kiked out of a house and home, or being totaly rejected by the unwilling father.

27-11-2004, 09:30 PM
but young parents at like the age of 12-15, thats under the LEGAK age for *** for a reason- if they become pregnant, then the emotional + physical effects it has on the couple, may be too much to handel. it will affect their schooling, as well as the fear of being kiked out of a house and home, or being totaly rejected by the unwilling father.

I personally don't have much sympathy for girls who get pregnant that young because of their own stupidity. Like i said earlier, if they're young enough to be doing what it takes to get them pregnant, they should be ready to do deal with things that can easily come with it. If they aren't, they have no one but themselves to blame, doesn't take much to prevent it and if they can't even do that, and then they kill their child because of it...:eusa_hand

Fingerboots
27-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I personally don't have much sympathy for girls who get pregnant that young because of their own stupidity. Like i said earlier, if they're young enough to be doing what it takes to get them pregnant, they should be ready to do deal with things that can easily come with it. If they aren't, they have no one but themselves to blame, doesn't take much to prevent it and if they can't even do that, and then they kill their child because of it...:eusa_hand
I agree completely.

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 09:42 PM
but, some young girls are pressurised into having "we know wat" by a guy, can u blame that on the girl?

27-11-2004, 09:50 PM
but, some young girls are pressurised into having "we know wat" by a guy, can u blame that on the girl?

Yeah I can. If you can say no when you don't wanna do something else, then why not to that? Even if someones pressured until they break, the least they can do is make sure they're careful about what they're doing? That goes for the guys too :eusa_whis

Mendonky
27-11-2004, 09:59 PM
mayb ur r right. i am surprised this one thread has sparked so much attention. i still belive that the government still needta re-define the abortion law, and mayb offer a phyciatrist/advise councellor to work the best solution, so that they make the best choice availiable

Moose
27-11-2004, 11:06 PM
abortion is evil, and more painfull then pregnancy, knowing you killed a child, who cares if it hurts, i disagree with it, its pure evil!

Concentric
28-11-2004, 12:13 AM
abortion is evil, and more painfull then pregnancy, knowing you killed a child, who cares if it hurts, i disagree with it, its pure evil!
i think you should be more open minded and consider other sides of the arguement.

Mentor
28-11-2004, 12:44 AM
i always fidn teh sue of teh word eveil strange, how can abortion be evil, its a prossess, not a thing, is a knife evil becuse it kills somthing? i think not. anyway what is evil anyway, there are ALWAYs to sides to a story, and somthing bein gevil means there acn only be one.

Anyway. I dont think there is anything at all the can actaly ALWAYS be wrong, there are alwas circumstances where somthing is needed.
Abortion Is needed in some cases, the wrong thing is when ist used knowinbgly as a contrception.

Fingerboots
28-11-2004, 12:54 AM
See, I dont think it is pure evil.. Because I dont class the baby as being alive, as it takes its first breath of air once been born. So I then wouldn't class it as "killing".
Hmm.. *Ponders*

Moose
28-11-2004, 12:56 AM
i think you should be more open minded and consider other sides of the arguement.

As you see concetric, im in the anti-abortion side, its my opinion and i can chose wether or not, i know about the little good things about abortion but i think it is just a sick way of killing a infant.

i always fidn teh sue of teh word eveil strange, how can abortion be evil, its a prossess, not a thing, is a knife evil becuse it kills somthing? i think not. anyway what is evil anyway, there are ALWAYs to sides to a story, and somthing bein gevil means there acn only be one.

Anyway. I dont think there is anything at all the can actaly ALWAYS be wrong, there are alwas circumstances where somthing is needed.
Abortion Is needed in some cases, the wrong thing is when ist used knowinbgly as a contrception.

Hard to understand what you are saying, but it is evil people who use abortion think of the infant as a thing not a living human being, they want to kill it with abortion, and do not think, they have the choice of the infant's life, and are not giving it a chance to live, which is evil! they are treating the infant as a thing a object that can come and go, its evil!

28-11-2004, 01:02 AM
See, I dont think it is pure evil.. Because I dont class the baby as being alive, as it takes its first breath of air once been born. So I then wouldn't class it as "killing".
Hmm.. *Ponders*

:eusa_thin It's still mainly cells when most people get abortions, but it's growing and developing all the time, doesn't something have to be alive to some degree to be able to do that?

Fingerboots
28-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Yeah.. I understand what you mean. This is such a difficult subject to debate about, because there are so many arguments and depending on religions, it's classed dfiferent thing. *Shrugs*

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 01:38 AM
this thread has been open all dayand has attracted so much attention!

i must say that this "debate" has cirtainly given me something to think about.

i'm sure that we can all agree that sumtymes you have to take drastic measures, as evil as it may be there are cirtain curcumstances that require an abortion, but sum people are abusing them and usin it for conception, just because they were fooling to forget protection.

BUT

I still belive that the baby has a right to live and experiance life, and it is cirtainly wrong to deny that right to them

.mcgovlau.
28-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Abortion should definetely be the girl's choice, she is having the baby, she should be able to pick and choose whether she wants it or not, come on why would you make a little girl go through child birth, thats just torture, you hear adults whining about labor and how bad it is, why would you make a little girl go through that??

28-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Abortion should definetely be the girl's choice, she is having the baby, she should be able to pick and choose whether she wants it or not, come on why would you make a little girl go through child birth, thats just torture, you hear adults whining about labor and how bad it is, why would you make a little girl go through that??

It'd probably be more traumatic for someone so young to have an abortion than to give birth. So unless they're so young that they physically can't carry a baby, then there's no need for an abortion. They obviously weren't too young to take the risk of getting pregnant so they're not too young to face up to what they did and deal with it regardless of their age.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 02:58 AM
an abortion will leave a emotional scar, but carrying the baby for nine months, seeing it be born, then having to give it away because you are too young, leaves quite a big physical and emotional scar aswell....

28-11-2004, 03:02 AM
an abortion will leave a emotional scar, but carrying the baby for nine months, seeing it be born, then having to give it away because you are too young, leaves quite a big physical and emotional scar aswell....

Maybe, but they should think a little more about that before hopping into bed with someone :rolleyes: It'd leave them hurt whatever they did i know that, but for me..if i did decide to give it up, i think it'd be alot easier to live with myself knowing that yeah i made a mistake, but now my kids with someone who want's it and can look after it better, rather than knowing i killed it.

28-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Edit - Woops :eusa_clap Quoted myself by mistake.

Butcher11
28-11-2004, 03:06 AM
I knew an older girl who had an abortion, and she seems happy to not be burdened. I guess it depends on the person.

Personally, I think it should be allowed, and with the rape issue, how would you like to be a boyfriend, and find your girlfriend is pregnant with another man's baby? Eventually if she gave birth, then had kids with the boyfriend, the rapist child would be mistreated in some way. I believe the parents have the right to abort or not, and also, at the point they are "terminated" there is now life yet(not totally sure tho)

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 03:08 AM
nawty illusion! double posting :eusa_naug

but put it into perspective- your a 12 year old girl, and you have just goitten pregnant. you still have a hole life of schoolwork working towards you big tests, how are you gonna concentrate knowing that the babygrowing inside of you is not wanted, and soon enough it will be showing that you arepregnant, so u either have to admit you are pregnant, and have everyone call you very harsh names, or keep it secret, live with the baby, the stretch marks, the emotional pain of giving it away, and missing a very important part of ur school life....

Butcher11
28-11-2004, 03:16 AM

but put it into perspective- your a 12 year old girl, and you have just goitten pregnant. you still have a hole life of schoolwork working towards you big tests, how are you gonna concentrate knowing that the babygrowing inside of you is not wanted, and soon enough it will be showing that you arepregnant, so u either have to admit you are pregnant, and have everyone call you very harsh names, or keep it secret, live with the baby, the stretch marks, the emotional pain of giving it away, and missing a very important part of ur school life....

And don't forget alot of parent's threaten that if you don't have an abortion they won't help with the baby. In that instance the girl almost always MUST have an abortion.

28-11-2004, 03:21 AM

Lol :p shh!

Like i said, it's a risk they take and they should give it more thought. I'm just commenting from what i'd do, but everyones situation is different. If they have no physical/mental problems that are stopping them from havin the baby, then i don't see why they can't. Whether they keep it or not, that's another story, but to just kill it for something that wasn't it's fault is wrong to me.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 03:21 AM
so we have finially come to an agreement- abortions MAY be nesicairy for underaged pregnancies, but what about women aged 20+ having abortions? is that simply being too klazy for domestic contreception? i simply think that that is wrong.

Butcher11
28-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Well, besides the fact she should've been protected :@ I think she should be allowed. We can't say 21 or older can't have abortions, when 20 and 11 motnhs and younger can.

28-11-2004, 03:26 AM
so we have finially come to an agreement- abortions MAY be nesicairy for underaged pregnancies, but what about women aged 20+ having abortions? is that simply being too klazy for domestic contreception? i simply think that that is wrong.

I don't think the age should come into it. Most abortions are made because they we're to lazy to use contraception. That happens whether they're 14 or 40. But being older, they're more capable of havin a baby, they're old enough to know what they're doing, look after it and provide for it, so again, unless it's health related for the parent or baby, there's really no need for an abortion.

Butcher11
28-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Well i agree in that you say younger kids wouldn't know aswell, but think of it this way : in the heat of one moment, a bad decission(we all make bad decisions), so we make her pay for 20 years?

Moose
28-11-2004, 04:02 AM
people who can't accept having a baby aren't responsible!
And therefore not ready to be adults, taking responsibility.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 11:02 AM
having a baby at such a young age, does seem to be too big a burden for such a young child, that hasn;t mentally matured yet. it will also simply destroy their education that they may mave worked so hard to achieve. im not saying abortions should be handed out like candy, but sometimes they are nessicairy

Mentor
28-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Hard to understand what you are saying, but it is evil people who use abortion think of the infant as a thing not a living human being, they want to kill it with abortion, and do not think, they have the choice of the infant's life, and are not giving it a chance to live, which is evil! they are treating the infant as a thing a object that can come and go, its evil![/QUOTE]
How does that make them evil. When does a bundle of cells become i child?

How can it be JUST the girls choise. Its the fathers baby as well? are you saying he has no rights to let his own chilld live?

Personally, I think it should be allowed, and with the rape issue, how would you like to be a boyfriend, and find your girlfriend is pregnant with another man's baby? Eventually if she gave birth, then had kids with the boyfriend, the rapist child would be mistreated in some way. I believe the parents have the right to abort or not, and also, at the point they are "terminated" there is now life yet(not totally sure tho)
I just want to point out, its not the babys falt that its fatherer did somthing wrong,So hwo would getting rid of a baby chage naything. It did nothing wrong.

having a baby at such a young age, does seem to be too big a burden for such a young child, that hasn;t mentally matured yet. it will also simply destroy their education that they may mave worked so hard to achieve. im not saying abortions should be handed out like candy, but sometimes they are nessicairy
They are nessary, But people re\aly do need to learn to use contrseption, they bring any future problems on them sleves if they dont.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 12:08 PM
i am seriously in 2 minds abut this situation now.

How can it be JUST the girls choise. Its the fathers baby as well? are you saying he has no rights to let his own chilld live?

but it would be the mother carrying the child around for nine months, the father has the "easy job", he doesn;t have the child growing inside of him.

I just want to point out, its not the babys falt that its fatherer did somthing wrong,So hwo would getting rid of a baby chage naything. It did nothing wrong.

but how could you live with the fact the that child's father did such a horriable thing to you? do u not understand the trauma that rape-victims go though in later life, and have that one thing that wll never let you forget it- the child.....

Mentor
28-11-2004, 12:15 PM
i am seriously in 2 minds abut this situation now.

but it would be the mother carrying the child around for nine months, the father has the "easy job", he doesn;t have the child growing inside of him.
But he does stil stand to loose his child. tehre was a cort case where the father appled to svae it, becuse they had broken up, and teh mother dissed to temite the baby. the father lost the case and his child was killed, hed agree to look after and support it as soon as it was born so the next 18 years or so he would have be looking after it.

but how could you live with the fact the that child's father did such a horriable thing to you? do u not understand the trauma that rape-victims go though in later life, and have that one thing that wll never let you forget it- the child.....
But its the child facsing the consiqunces ebcuse of this, if its born ist resnted by the mother and given a bad life, if its not its dead. athogh death is probly teh prefeble option for the child, the mother would have to come to terms with killing an insent child for somthing someone else did

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 12:35 PM
:eusa_thin *ponders*

i'm too young to be thinking about this sorta stuff!

if u were a girl, and u were raped, its bad enough having the memory of the incident, but everytime you look at ur child, you will see the rapist, how could you cope with that?

Mentor
28-11-2004, 12:38 PM
:eusa_thin *ponders*

i'm too young to be thinking about this sorta stuff!

if u were a girl, and u were raped, its bad enough having the memory of the incident, but everytime you look at ur child, you will see the rapist, how could you cope with that?
Thats what i ment about the child being resented, it woudl have a bad life if it lived becuse of this. while in death it woulnt cair. even thogh it depedns wich wil be worse for the mother to bair, knowing she was raped, or knwoing she killed her possible child

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 12:45 PM
then in that particular situation, wouldn;t it be better to have an abortion? its easier to forget something when you dont ave living/material memories of it. although the abortion will affect them emotionaly, it will be forgotten, but if the child was born, the memory will haunt her for as long as the child lives, and mst likely for the rest of her life.....

GommeInc
28-11-2004, 01:40 PM
If it is the cause of rape or the baby will be severely handycapped and may have a low chance of living or surviving long, then i guess abortion is the only answer.

But, if the parents did get jigalow on purpose and they wanted a boy or girl and they got the opposite, then the baby should live as everyone has the right to. Would you want to be killed at 15 cos your parents wanted a different child aka boy/girl? That is techinically what it is like for the baby, that baby has the right to live.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 01:43 PM
:eusa_clap well sed gomme, well sed :eusa_clap

GommeInc
28-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Someone had to sodding well say something

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 01:55 PM
we've been debating this for over a day, and for over 60 posts, but it only took one person (you) to put it in plain simple context, well sed gomme./ i totally agree with you, 100%.

Corey777
28-11-2004, 01:58 PM
I think I am anti-abortion. I am aware that in some cases abortion is the only option, but if someone wasn't wearing protection and just figured that if they had a baby, then theywould have an abortion, that is wrong. An abortion is really just killing a young human that hasn't left its mother's woom yet. I also agree that if a 14 year old gets pregnant, then she should accept the consequences and keep the baby. Alot of the time this results in the mother's parent taking care of the baby for the most part. So, on Almost every occasion, I am against abortions.

Mendonky
28-11-2004, 02:01 PM
so, if a 14 year old girl, with stright A's got pregnant, you think she should keep it? well the impact that will have on her education may well cause her to fail important tests, therfor ruining her future career, then when the baby is born, how is she gonna support the tiny child?

GommeInc
28-11-2004, 02:09 PM
It is her fault, the baby has the right to live, if it was rape then put it up for adoption or something or grow to love as that baby would not know what has happened!

Corey777
28-11-2004, 03:55 PM
so, if a 14 year old girl, with stright A's got pregnant, you think she should keep it? well the impact that will have on her education may well cause her to fail important tests, therfor ruining her future career, then when the baby is born, how is she gonna support the tiny child?

I probably even more so feel that she should keep the child. Getting straight A's she is very smart and would know better. It is also very rare that a woman with staright A's is going to be intamite with another person at such a young age.

G-flow
28-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Of course abortion is not a nice thing to have but if a woman needs an abortion i say that it should be up to her. i mean, its her body and the pregnancy might have been unwanted.

GommeInc
28-11-2004, 04:01 PM
You will be surprised, just because she is smart dosnt mean she is strong, she might of been raped by force at the risk of her own life

Corey777
28-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Yes, that's true, I guess there are some ways where abortion is okay, but overall I am very against it and consider it murder. And Front Slide, it may be the mother's body, but its the baby's life ;)

Concentric
28-11-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't agree that it's murder, i think that in cases such as rape and a serious problem with the baby then the parents should be able to choose to abort.
Where i'm against it is its use as contraception and just because some silly teenager couldn't control herself.

Fingerboots
28-11-2004, 07:53 PM
I don't agree that it's murder, i think that in cases such as rape and a serious problem with the baby then the parents should be able to choose to abort.
Where i'm against it is its use as contraception and just because some silly teenager couldn't control herself.
*Nods* I also think abortion is stupid when it's an adult that gets it just because they don't want the baby. Unless the baby will be handicaped.

annabanana
28-11-2004, 08:09 PM
"Teminating a feotus"

And if i was pregnant and didn't want children i wouldn't hesitate to 'teminate' the 'feotus'

Also a very important factot in all this is if abortions were made illegal many woman would go to 'backstreet abortionars' having abortions done by unqualified doctors, many women died from this when abortion were illegal. The fact is. If a women wants an abotian then she WILL have one. So we might as well make sure it is done properly and safely.

Also to the people who say 'the child has a right to life'
1. Its not a child, it starts out a bunch of cells. It is not a baby untill its ready to be born.
2. It has no right in my eyes and the eyes of the law.

annabanana
28-11-2004, 08:15 PM
accidently double posted. Mod please delete. Pressed Quote instead of edit.

Butch- It's ok, just be careful with the buttons lol

Mentor
28-11-2004, 08:53 PM
"Teminating a feotus"

And if i was pregnant and didn't want children i wouldn't hesitate to 'teminate' the 'feotus'

Also a very important factot in all this is if abortions were made illegal many woman would go to 'backstreet abortionars' having abortions done by unqualified doctors, many women died from this when abortion were illegal. The fact is. If a women wants an abotian then she WILL have one. So we might as well make sure it is done properly and safely.

Also to the people who say 'the child has a right to life'
1. Its not a child, it starts out a bunch of cells. It is not a baby untill its ready to be born.
2. It has no right in my eyes and the eyes of the law.

Actaly it does have a right in the eyes of the law, in the uk its tetermed as a baby at i think, 24 weeks but i could be wrong, an din usa its a bit later. but stil before birth, the probelm comes when deserning a bunch of cells does become a child.

annabanana
28-11-2004, 08:56 PM
yes its 24 weeks. Although i am for abortion i think there should be a limit. I think it should be reduced since the baby can live outside its mothers body from week 23. And does it REALLY take 6 months to realize your pregnant?

Mentor
28-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I agree with that. athogh babays born realy early, will suffer sever mental handycaps, so itw when one will live a nromal life, rather tahn when one wil suvive on alot of machoines.

GommeInc
28-11-2004, 11:54 PM
the baby is actually living, all cells are alive and that baby has chosen to live thanks to the mothers cell and the fathers cell.

If the baby is 3 months old it is well and truly alive and if it was going to be aborted, the mother has to watch it being ripped out of her piece by piece as they cannot merely inject it. Would you like to see what would of been your pride and joy being cut out of you limb by limb? I wouldn't!

annabanana
29-11-2004, 04:06 PM
the baby is actually living, all cells are alive and that baby has chosen to live thanks to the mothers cell and the fathers cell.

If the baby is 3 months old it is well and truly alive and if it was going to be aborted, the mother has to watch it being ripped out of her piece by piece as they cannot merely inject it. Would you like to see what would of been your pride and joy being cut out of you limb by limb? I wouldn't!
Plants are also living cells but that doesn't put me off using weed killer or picking flowers. Do you realize how small the feotus is at 3 months?

Corey777
29-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Plants are also living cells but that doesn't put me off using weed killer or picking flowers. Do you realize how small the feotus is at 3 months?

Yes, Pleants are living cells. But plants don't have feelings or a soul. Plants are just there. So are animals. We eat meat, so we kill animals. Humans are different, they are one of us. We have a soul. It is what keeps us different from plants & animals.

And yes, the fetus is small, but why would it matter how small it is? It is A LIVING BEING.

Dansk
29-11-2004, 04:44 PM
There is free abortion here in Denmark, which is quite sad. Luckily it's a new law, if abortion had been free before I probably would've missed a little brother.

Concentric
29-11-2004, 05:20 PM
all cells are alive and that baby has chosen to live thanks to the mothers cell and the fathers cell.
What are you talking about, the baby didn't choose to live, the parents chose to make the baby.

I don't think if a woman went for an abortion that they would take the baby out bit by bit, have you actually any experience or knowledge of this happening?

GommeInc
29-11-2004, 06:06 PM
It is a true fact, if the baby is too big to be taken out with medicine and flushed out, they inject the baby first through the mothers stomach and inject the baby to kill it, then they operate and open the womans area to cut the baby out!

Also what you said about the parents chose for that baby to live is wrong. You are technically a sperm head and an egg that diffused together to make what you are now. If you were to say cells werent alive, you would be dead lol

Mentor
29-11-2004, 06:33 PM
What makes humans diffrent form all other animals, is we are consuios, we are aware of are own exsiatnce, we dont actaly become aware until weve acatly been born a few months. teh baby in a whome and very soon after it, is not much diffent form a cow. so thats argumnt woulnt realy hold up.

Mendonky
29-11-2004, 07:33 PM
true, that argument isn't realy sufficiaent about the concious thing. its mainly the right to life that is sufficient. animals are aware of their own existance, thats why they defend theirselves when they feel threatened

AvengeX
29-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I'd say abortion has got to be used when neither the mother or father would want the baby, or if it wasn't "meant to happen" if you know what I mean. If the girl was raped, then definately. It should be up to the girl/woman who has the child though, and nobody else.

Mendonky
29-11-2004, 07:44 PM
so basically ur saying its ok to use it as a means of contreception? (woah, day- ja - vou)

Mentor
29-11-2004, 07:56 PM
true, that argument isn't realy sufficiaent about the concious thing. its mainly the right to life that is sufficient. animals are aware of their own existance, thats why they defend theirselves when they feel threatened
Animals work of instined, a himan is the only creture that can choose to kill itself, as its teh only creatsur thats aware of its own existance. a animles life is simple based around survive and breeding, its like dawins theary of evoltion.

Anyway if a father and mother dont wnat a baby, woulnt it be just as easy to have the baby, and then giove it to a couple who are unable to have childern yet despritly wnat some? as to have an abortion u still have to give brith and go threw it, exsapt its a smalled dead baby inste of a live one.

Mendonky
29-11-2004, 08:06 PM
but i am sure there are still an overpopulation in the adoption part isn't there? unless your thining of a "surragate mother" where the baby is given stright to the "adopters" when it is born and the parents are paid in advanced?

Butcher11
29-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I probably even more so feel that she should keep the child. Getting straight A's she is very smart and would know better. It is also very rare that a woman with staright A's is going to be intamite with another person at such a young age.

It happens mate, people get intimate at young ages now, I know some people my age(17) who do.

Mentor Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendonky
Animals work of instined, a himan is the only creture that can choose to kill itself, as its teh only creatsur thats aware of its own existance. a animles life is simple based around survive and breeding, its like dawins theary of evoltion.

Anyway if a father and mother dont wnat a baby, woulnt it be just as easy to have the baby, and then giove it to a couple who are unable to have childern yet despritly wnat some? as to have an abortion u still have to give brith and go threw it, exsapt its a smalled dead baby inste of a live one.

it's painful to go through childbirth. And do you realize that Darwin's theory of evolution also supports racism?

Mendonky
29-11-2004, 08:13 PM
ok, firstly, what the hell id this theory of evoilution? :s

secondly, there are people getting intamite at even younger ages than 17 my friend. girls are geting pregnant at the age of 12, and even some people in my own year- group are getin intamite, and i am still in secondary skool.

Mentor
29-11-2004, 08:23 PM
It happens mate, people get intimate at young ages now, I know some people my age(17) who do.

Mentor Quote:

it's painful to go through childbirth. And do you realize that Darwin's theory of evolution also supports racism?
Rasicism is humans fining somthing to squable about, specism, most the thing in ther have real major advnatges and disadvantages, you woulnt compair a tiget to a chicken. Anyway abortions are apprntly just as bad as giving birth to a normal child, plus it creats emotinal scars, as the human body stil rects like an animal and relices endorhins etc, to make the mother love the baby, even if its termited early

GommeInc
29-11-2004, 09:23 PM
I am racist to England, the fact I am English is funny! If someone I saw in the street or someone inschool making fun of someone with a different ethnic culture or different 'colour', I go up to them and say, 'England aint perfect either, we have brown teeth and drink tea, we also have many perverts.' All though the brown teeth is one of these lies like the French eating frogs legs.

I prefer African people and other 'black' people, they're friendly, they have stories to tell and they care for the environment, while we 'whites' are the soul problem of pollution mainly and we are the most snottiest and have unhealthy food.

Corey777
29-11-2004, 09:23 PM

Mentor Quote:

Wow, I guess there are many teen pregnancies :(
That is very sad. If they are giong to be intamite in the first place, they should be using protection. Either a condom or birth control. This creates very few chances of becoming pregnant, but it is still possible.

Getting a bit off topic, As for Darwin's theory of evolution, there are scienticts everywhere discovering more and more proof that evolution couldn't be possible. I, myself, do not believe in evolution, but thats only me.

GommeInc
29-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Do you know why they dont use condoms?

Because they think they're uncomfortable and ruin love. As if, you can get extremely thin one that dont get holes and you cant feel them.

P.S I have not worn one, this is just a true fact.

Corey777
29-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Do you know why they dont use condoms?

Because they think they're uncomfortable and ruin love. As if, you can get extremely thin one that dont get holes and you cant feel them.

P.S I have not worn one, this is just a true fact.

Rofl, You make it sound like you know this from experience until I read your "PS".

So, If a condom does feel uncomfortable (and by your post you can obviously get ones that don't), just get the girl on birth control :)

GommeInc
29-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Or she can wear a femidom which is what she wear, she obviously wont be able to feel it and he wont be able to either as it is quite baggy.

Also I put the P.S couse there might be pervey members on this board thinking that :p

Mendonky
30-11-2004, 06:02 PM
well seems i have nabbed the 101st ost on this thread. teen pregnancies happen more than you would think. in the news you hear of 13 yr old geting pregnant, but thats only half of it. there are many more underages pregnancies, but they are not proadcasted on TV. that is exactly what my dad said about condoms, that it ruins the "pleasure" of "you know what" soi he prefers not to use one. well if your gonna be doin "it" then wouldn;t you rather be safe than sorry? i know i would.

Mentor
30-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Wow, I guess there are many teen pregnancies :(
That is very sad. If they are giong to be intamite in the first place, they should be using protection. Either a condom or birth control. This creates very few chances of becoming pregnant, but it is still possible.

Getting a bit off topic, As for Darwin's theory of evolution, there are scienticts everywhere discovering more and more proof that evolution couldn't be possible. I, myself, do not believe in evolution, but thats only me.

dawins thery is just better known and in essence right, eveolution has no major rivas and is supported by sicance, saem as the gentics wich allow for some trates to carry and some to not. the allie (spellt rwrong) homsigus and hetrosigus model, 1 from each part. same as detremains wether u are mail or feamil, mail allie being domint it over rides femail one, but then fetmas are homozugos ressive, but there are no homzigus mails, as where all hetrozgus..... ok ive gone very offtopic lol.

things happen, there alwasy bound to, aborton relistly is needed some of the time, its not recommned in alot of cases but that doent chage that is somtiems essental

Ryo976
01-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Hmmm What do I think about abortion.... :eusa_thin *ponders* Well First of all I think that babys arent alive until they are born because Can you remember the inside of your mothers' womb? I sure cant. So technically It would be like you were never alive in the first place...So it really doesnt matter to you. Also your too stupid at that age to realize whats going on let alone see or smell. Also When you have a abortion they inject the baby with the chemical they use for prison executions ( In america). Then they have birth to a dead child. They DO NOT cut it into small pieces limb from limb and take it out. Its basicaly IF your more scientific or more religious. Take the Theory of evolution for example Some religious people believe that " God " created us and thats it. But the Theory of evolution states that we adapted from Other spieces. Take for example a white bird ( I forgot the name of it ) and They live in the natural green forests and then here comes along MR. HUMANITY and makes a city out of the forest. A few years later there are people reporting that there are black birds now instead of the white ones now because of the smoke from the factorys and industrys that settled along the city. So What do you believe that they adapted from the forest to the city? If so then you do believe in the theory of evoltuion because that is the theory of evolution that we all adapted because of the enviorment and the enemys around us. Anyway I think it is right for many other reasons. Take for being raped at a young age for an example. If you are 13 and pregnant (which as happened at my school) would you really want to support that baby? And If you didnt but still wanted to put it up for adoption you would have to wait 9 months. Go to the hospital and be ashamed of yourself for having a baby so early. Also when you are 20 you would want to see your baby and how good hes/shes looking, etc etc. But you cant because the adoption agency usually only tells you where it was adopted too. Not anything else beyond that... maybe where they went to school. So what do you do? Contact the parents that adopted your baby. You go to there house and find that the dads alcoholic, the mom is careless and your boy is doing things that he shouldnt be doing at that age. So what do you do now? You can go to court and try to get him back. Usually doesnt work out for most. So now you have to watch your son/daughter grow up in a bad neighbor hood with friends that are "evil". I would rather have my child die then for him to grow up like that and maybe even become a criminal. And maybe he would even be sentenced to death by the state for killing 15 people. So now look what have you done. You let him live he killed other peoples babys you feel sad hes going to die the same way as if you were going to pick abortion as the answer and hes probably depressed. So all you did in this situation was make him suffer. Although this probably wouldnt happen usually, It could. Also he may hate you for putting him up for adoption. You have made other people suffer and you have made yourself and your son depressed and all you could of done was say yes to adoption in that situation. BUT another situation is that he has a good family, good home, good neighborhood, good friends. He wins the nobel peace prize, he makes his acceptance speech he thanks everyone for his success but you. You were never in his life so he doesnt even know you. You would be proud of him but yet depressed at the same time for not being there for him when he needed it the most. So those are the two rodes of adoption. I personally do not like ethier of them besides the last one but i only like the last one because he does something good for the world. Like I said earlier They dont even know they existed on this planet or any other world for that matter. Well my fingers are getting numb so ill stop typing now until another post comes :). AND THAT'S THIS OLD DOGS' OPINION....

annabanana
01-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Since no one said anything about this the 1st time i said it i will say it again.
If abortian were still illegal women would be forced to go to 'back street abortioners' To get abortions done by unqualified doctors which (back before abortion was legalized) Killed many women who got infected. So what should we do? Make it illegal and force women to go to back street abortioners? Because thats exactly what they will do. Or shall we keep it legal and let them terminate the feotus is a safe, clean place?

And lets not bring souls into the subject they are based on religion and have no place in a 'non-religious' debate.

Pulchritudinous
01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Exciting subject...

Not

Butcher 17 isnt 2 young, ur aloud 2 hav *** at 16 newayz, but still i would want an abortion if i got pregnant , it wud ruin ur life, ur wudnt b able 2 get a job or anything.

Mendonky
01-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Since no one said anything about this the 1st time i said it i will say it again.
If abortian were still illegal women would be forced to go to 'back street abortioners' To get abortions done by unqualified doctors which (back before abortion was legalized) Killed many women who got infected. So what should we do? Make it illegal and force women to go to back street abortioners? Because thats exactly what they will do. Or shall we keep it legal and let them terminate the feotus is a safe, clean place?

And lets not bring souls into the subject they are based on religion and have no place in a 'non-religious' debate.

we are not saying to illegalise abortions, we are simply debating when they are neccisairy.

Mentor
01-12-2004, 08:02 PM
I think they are defflty needed in some cases, te promble to me arrises when people have them when there not needed. for exslmale, if someone acatly is stupid enogh to ste out to have an abortion as means of contrception. or when people who dont use contasption relie on it.

Mendonky
01-12-2004, 08:06 PM
so basically we've cpme to an agreement :eusa_thin

no offence mentor but y are your words usually all jumbled up? i serioously mean no offence when i ask that :$

Mentor
01-12-2004, 08:12 PM
so basically we've cpme to an agreement :eusa_thin

no offence mentor but y are your words usually all jumbled up? i serioously mean no offence when i ask that :$
Dw. im dislexic (aka Very bad spelling)

Plus yep, possible, so where agreeing that.
Abortion is not advibke but there are cases where its nessary.

i think :/

Mendonky
01-12-2004, 08:21 PM
oh, ok then, im sorry- i realy didn't mean to be rude. im sorry if it seemed like i was.

Mentor
01-12-2004, 08:31 PM
oh, ok then, im sorry- i realy didn't mean to be rude. im sorry if it seemed like i was.
Naa dw.i can barly read my writing sometimes. :D

Ryo976
02-12-2004, 02:02 AM
You can say that again.... :D :p :eusa_liar

xJoeYx
08-12-2004, 10:14 PM
It depends if you think life begins at contraception or birth, personally i think life starts at birth. situation-ethics: choice depends on the situation; rape victim, danger of mother or child dying at birth, disabilities or just a plain accident.

Mentor
09-12-2004, 05:23 PM
but if life starts at birth, premature born babys live normal life, if they wornt alve when they wree born they coulnt, so they muct be a baby and consided alive before the final birth date. athogh i cna see your point, and in one senecs they havent yet lives so its not as if there losing anything.

Corey777
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM

Actually, there are religous people on this forum, so I wouldn't label it as 100% non-religous.

I guess the agreement is: Sometimes abortion is okay, sometimes it is not. Just depends on the situation.

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Think of Sanctity and Quality of Life people, we should all have the right to life and be treated normally no matter what our parents did at that Disco! We deserve the right to life!

Concentric
11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
It depends if you think life begins at contraception or birthThat doesn't make sense, do you mean conception not contraception?

miss-t
12-12-2004, 12:32 AM
In some parts, I totally disagree with it. People got to be more careful when they do something more private and there is other solutions then killing a baby. But there is cases of emergencies, like someone did something to someone, wich is very sad, and I don't think those people want the baby and remember what they did bad to them. But appart from that case, I disagree with it and they should be more careful.
wat if u get raped really dont want the baby/ies!!! like off cori lil mo wanted to keep the baby tho!

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Learn to LIVE WITH IT. Or put it up for adoption but after it is born!

ash5768
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Look rite. Is it their fault if the condo m breaks?? i mean really? They only wokr 97% of the time. And what if you are rape d?? You have to keep the child of the man that attacked you?

Concentric
12-12-2004, 09:42 PM
like off cori lil mo wanted to keep the baby tho!
Oh dear lord on high, does everything have to relate to soap operas, really you should think about more than TV

Marvelo
13-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Abortion should alwyas be available no matter what. What if a girl was raped and was pregnant by the idiot that did it?

jstar953
25-09-2005, 04:40 PM
it really depends on what your circumstances are ..

if you just couldnt be asked to use contraception thats a whole different matter ..

Steph
25-09-2005, 05:34 PM
it depends on the situation. if the girl was ****d then thats a good enough reason. however I'd never be able to have an abortion. when people have a late abortion the baby has its senses and everything I think, so it would be able to feel it, and the way they kill them is just sick.

NekkLe
25-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Lmao, this thread is nearly a year old :rolleyes:

Mentor
25-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Lmao, this thread is nearly a year old :rolleyes:
Indeed, who dug it up ?

Menshevik
25-09-2005, 07:26 PM
This is when humans start to play the roll of god. I think abortion is natural. Millions of people die daily, whats just another life?
Also the girl could have been forced to have intercourse.

Bioda
26-09-2005, 03:37 AM
I disagree with it. I think you shouldn't kill an unborn child. You made the mistake, just try to make it better.

kaut
26-09-2005, 06:41 AM
I don't completely agree with it... but I feel it's the mother's choice.

ashLOVESMatt!
26-09-2005, 07:03 AM
The latest I think a woman can have an abortion is 23 weeks, don't quote me on that, but by this time the baby has developed a heart and it's senses, it will feel pain...

Not-Thrilled
26-09-2005, 04:57 PM
There's no point in time at which you can say the baby's a human or not. People should be allowed to have an abortion at whatever time they want; it's their baby and nobody, not even "god", has the right to tell them they have to keep it. There will never be a safe stance on abortion, ever. Just debates with the same sides/arguments.

Bef
26-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I unfourtunatly have experienced this first hand. I had an abortion when i was 14 years old. Yes at 14 maybe i shouldnt of been sxually active but i was. it was the most differcult decision i have ever made and its teared me up inside but i really had no choice. At the time i was looking after my 3 younger siblings most of the time, i knew id be bringing the child into an unhappy family and they would most proberly suffer. Also the father was threatning to kick it out of me. I did think about having it and putting it up for adoption but i felt that that would be even harder. I don't think i would be able to let go of the child once i had carried it for 9 months and gone through labour. My baby was never born to die but in those 2 months i did bond with the thought of the child. I seriously regret having an abortion, i think if i knew how badly it would destroy me or if i knew that i would soon be living with my uncle and auntie or that my baby sister would die then i would have the baby. But the circumstances i was in at the time i thought it was the best thing to do... Anyway heres a poem i wrote about it, thought u may be intrested

You could have been someone
But I took your life away
It was the hardest thing I’ve had to do
But I didn’t have much say.

So where r u today?
I wish I could have held you tight.
Watched u laugh and grow and play.

You could have been someone.
But nothing i do will change the fact
U can never turn back time
And bring my angel back.

But your smile remains unseen
One thing I no my Love
I’d of Loved you whoever you’d been.

A someone who’d of been mine
But I’m a cold-hearted *****,
You’re the helpless victim of my crime.

But you were never born to die
Do u watch down from above
Are u with me while I cry?

But u have no life to live
But if only I could ask u
My baby please forgive!

P.s. You may say i should have been more careful but i was on the pill, i accidently missed a couple so was using jonnys but it split. It was just pure unlucky.

YellowParasol
26-09-2005, 05:11 PM
:o Thats 1 thing i never knew ;( How many years ago did that Happen?

Bef
26-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Well i had the abortion on 14th Feb (Valentines day) 2004. I was 14, ive just turned 16 now.

I dont no how i feel about abortion i seriously regret doing it. I dont think it should be taken advantage of. People should use protection. But if u no the child would have an unhappy life maybe its best. I dont no. I wish i hadnt had one thou.

RedStratocas
26-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I agree with it, but I think there should be rules set such as:

You cant do it more than once, because it is harmful to you, and you should have been smarter a second time

It has to be within the first few weeks of pregnancy

Teens can do it, but maybe 21+ have to actually have a reason, not that they just dont want a baby

Maybe a few others? I can understand either way why people are against and for it, but I really think religion should stay out of it completely, because religion (sorry if this offends anyone) always makes things worse in the situation

Menshevik
26-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I agree with the religion thing. Anyways, if you do have an abortion, you should give the fetus to the A.I.D.S cure foundation. How to save millions of lives by taking one.

Fridayz
26-09-2005, 08:31 PM
We're doing this in R.E.

I think it's kind of stupid to learn about it now, Year 11 or 12 would be more ideal because students are more mature about it.

And i got sent out for saying it's stupid to learn about now rofl.

jstar953
26-09-2005, 08:54 PM
oops i think i dug it up .. lol

i agree with most of your points .. but if it was a mistake i do believe they should have been more careful

ReInfected
26-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Yes! it is. Atleast if u didnt want the baby atleast let it born then give it to an adoption. Dont kill the poor thing! gawd u ppl are crazy!!

Bef
27-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Sometimes its very ahrd to avoid. No contraception is 100% baby proof.

RedStratocas
27-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes! it is. Atleast if u didnt want the baby atleast let it born then give it to an adoption. Dont kill the poor thing! gawd u ppl are crazy!!

It isnt "Killing it" if it isnt alive in the first place. I agree with the adoption, but would you like to know that you have a child out there, and you dont know where it is, who it is being taken care of, and hates you because you gave him/her away? I wouldnt. Its hard to give a baby away, and its hard on the baby as well.

HellyBelly
27-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I disagree with it for the simple facvt, its a life in the making, someone will loose their life, due to this, my brother got his girlfriend pregnant and she had an abortion, now they regret it :'(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!