PDA

View Full Version : --- You bought a PSP? (On purpose?) >.>

HUGECOOL
28-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Me, obsessed? Not really.

But the fact that I've gotten so many PMs about the PSP being better than the iPod because of it's more features and others saying the iPod can't play games is kind of annoying now. ;l

The iPod is a Music Player. *An iPod is an MP3 player. It gets annoying when people start categorizing by itself, lol. *

The Playstation Portable (PSP) is a handheld gaming machine.

Even though both support various types of media, they are not the same thing by far, yet people seem to think otherwise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the PSP...

If you’re not already familiar with Sony’s new PlayStation Portable (PSP), you should be. Released in Japan for under $200, the PSP takes one step forward and two steps back from Microsoft’s fall 2004 Portable Media Center devices, offering music (MP3/ATRAC), video (MPEG-4), photo (JPEG/etc.), and game playback capabilities - all in a beautiful, heavily iPod-influenced enclosure.

Sony executives have repeatedly suggested that the PSP will compete against the iPod - initially claiming a direct competition on features, but more recently opting for a less direct competition for luxury spending dollars. Not coincidentally, but oddly, Sony’s official PSP headphones and wrist strap are sold in iPod-signature white, even though the rest of the PSP hardware is jet black. (LOL @ Sony)

The PSP’s game and video playback are highly impressive, featuring graphics that absolutely humiliate Nintendo’s long running Game Boy platforms (:(). Sony’s choice to include MPEG-4 video support and MPEG-3 audio support almost make up for the facts that it left out Dolby Surround audio and the ability to connect the PSP to a TV. It is a portable game system without peer.

As Sony has now failed with both Walkman- and VAIO-branded products to effectively compete against the iPod, Sony is putting its full force behind the PlayStation brand as a means to take out both gaming rival ‘Nintendo’ and digital music rival ‘Apple’.

But the PlayStation Portable is no iPod, at least, not for the masses. Like so many other Sony products, the initial price tag doesn’t include the proprietary extras you’ll need to really use the device as a movie or music player. And they’re expensive.

PSPs do not include hard disks, as do today’s iPods and Microsoft’s Portable Media Centers, and instead rely on two proprietary storage media for music/video/photo/game playback. In other words, if you want to watch a movie or listen to music on the PSP, you need to buy special pre-recorded discs or separate memory cards, and most likely will need extra software to convert movies you own for PSP viewing.

The PSP also has comparatively weak battery life. Microsoft’s devices get between 7 and 22 hours of play time for video and audio, and the considerably more pocketable iPods run for between 8 and 17. Sony’s PSP is specced to run for 4 to 10 hours depending on whether it’s playing games, video, or music, and actually gets less than that depending on a number of factors, including UMD drive accessing and use of its built-in wireless game networking features. Under the most demanding circumstances, the PSP may run for under 2 hours on a single battery charge..

Music playback isn’t iPod-caliber impressive, either. I’m not impressed by Sony’s cheap-feeling headphones and remote controls that were custom-made for the PSP. It also goes without saying that the PSP doesn’t fit into a pocket as easily as an iPod. It’s considerably larger than an iPod, and for that matter, virtually any portable music player currently being sold.

Since so many companies now evoke the iPod’s name just to get media attention, it’s especially ironic given Sony’s previous Walkman history that the company has needed to use the iPod’s name to tout the PlayStation Portable as more than just a super-expensive Game Boy. :)

Just don’t expect a device that’s as elegantly implemented, or completely useful out of the box as the iPod.

Article.
28-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Stop posting this rubbish already.

HUGECOOL
28-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Why is it that people with the smallest minds seem to have the biggest mouths? :s

Hecho
28-12-2005, 06:03 PM

You Got Pwned

Rawr
28-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm sticking with video ipod 100% as i'm getting one. :p

Article.
28-12-2005, 06:09 PM
You Got Pwned
I didn't get owned you idiot.

Tommy
28-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Ipods are still better lol
And wth, psp's are better mp3 players youre saying. Well size for one thing, dont think so. And ipod is in a category of its own its not just an mp3 player, an mp3 player plays just tunes, an ipod does so much more. Im obviously taking it youve never EVER had an ipod? And you definatly not seen the new video one?

Alexisonfire
28-12-2005, 06:14 PM
As a portable media device, iPod beats PSP hands down, but I must admit that PSP beats DS games-wise.

I mean, a 1GB stick retails at a minimum of £80? That's a total rip off, when you can get a 4GB iPod Nano for just £140 and a 30GB iPod Video for £220

HUGECOOL
28-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Ipods are still better lol
And wth, psp's are better mp3 players youre saying. Well size for one thing, dont think so. And ipod is in a category of its own its not just an mp3 player, an mp3 player plays just tunes, an ipod does so much more. Im obviously taking it youve never EVER had an ipod? And you definatly not seen the new video one?

Uhmm... :s Was that directed at me..?

I've owned more than 4 iPods (accidentally) and I have a Black 60 GB iPod Video that I received for Christmas. I've done more modifications to my iPods than you can even imagine.

I never said PSPs were better MP3 players either. o_O

and I'm not sure, but whenever I go shopping online the iPods always seem to be found under the MP3 section. Hmm... Interesting.

NekkLe
28-12-2005, 08:41 PM
The PSP can also be portrayed as a swissarmy-media player, its obviously got its advantages aswells as the iPod has its advantages aswell.
£80 for a 1Gb memory card, yes at there RRP but you can easily pick one up off the net for less than £50.

If I was on the go, I'd definatley have my PSP, its cheaper, more durable and se><y :p

Jane
28-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Uhmm... :s Was that directed at me..?

I've owned more than 4 iPods (accidentally) and I have a Black 60 GB iPod Video that I received for Christmas. I've done more modifications to my iPods than you can even imagine.

I never said PSPs were better MP3 players either. o_O

and I'm not sure, but whenever I go shopping online the iPods always seem to be found under the MP3 section. Hmm... Interesting.

Of course they are, because iPods are an mp3. It's just that with an iPod you have more thing added to make them better than ordinary mp3's.

Largo
28-12-2005, 09:17 PM
As a portable media device, iPod beats PSP hands down, but I must admit that PSP beats DS games-wise.

I mean, a 1GB stick retails at a minimum of £80? That's a total rip off, when you can get a 4GB iPod Nano for just £140 and a 30GB iPod Video for £220
Nicely said.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 05:27 AM
The PSP can also be portrayed as a swissarmy-media player, its obviously got its advantages aswells as the iPod has its advantages aswell.

£80 for a 1Gb memory card, yes at there RRP but you can easily pick one up off the net for less than £50.

If I was on the go, I'd definatley have my PSP, its cheaper, more durable and se><y

Uhmm.. No. The PSP is more expensive than the iPod since you have to continue buying UMDs and Memory sticks to fully enjoy its features. The iPod, on the other hand, is ready for all you want to give it when it's out of the box. You can use your own CDs to upload music and your own DVDs as well. You don't need to spend money every time you want aother video or movie because a 20-60 GB hard drive is built in and no media card is required. ;)

ssricky
29-12-2005, 05:32 AM
your pretty stupid compareing a device based on gaming to a device based on playing music it depends what ur looking for if u want a wide variety get a psp cuz u can do multiple things the ipod is based on music so shut ur mouth about it being better than psp its only better cuz its based on music :rolleyes:

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 05:48 AM
your pretty stupid compareing a device based on gaming to a device based on playing music it depends what ur looking for if u want a wide variety get a psp cuz u can do multiple things the ipod is based on music so shut ur mouth about it being better than psp its only better cuz its based on music :rolleyes:

It would help tremendously if you read my post before spewing stupidity all over it. It seems that not only did your fingers do the typing, but did your thinking as well.

I did not mean to compare the PSP to the iPod since they're both completely different electronics, but I've been getting many PMs with people saying the PSP is best "coz it plays games n da ipod dunt". In fact, I made a post about how it's unfair to compare these two yesterday.

Yes, the PSP can do more things at a price. You must surely know it's battery is nothing to brag about and neither is pricing UMD movies at prices higher than DVDs, which are more flexible.

The iPod is a music player with video thrown in as a bonus. The PSP is a gaming machine with many features which require one to spend almost twice its value to enjoy them.

ssricky
29-12-2005, 05:51 AM
It would help tremendously if you read my post before spewing stupidity all over it. It seems that not only did your fingers do the typing, but did your thinking as well.

I did not mean to compare the PSP to the iPod since they're both completely different electronics, but I've been getting many PMs with people saying the PSP is best "coz it plays games n da ipod dunt". In fact, I made a post about how it's unfair to compare these two yesterday.

Yes, the PSP can do more things at a price. You must surely know it's battery is nothing to brag about and neither is pricing UMD movies at prices higher than DVDs, which are more flexible.

The iPod is a music player with video thrown in as a bonus. The PSP is a gaming machine with many features which require one to spend almost twice its value to enjoy them.

then stop posting this bs and get this stupid waste of a thread closed :rolleyes:

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Hmmm.. Both are unique in their own ways I guess.

Tailzehhhh
29-12-2005, 05:53 AM

Not True, The Apple iPod Video Costs A Region Of 220 Pounds RRP, And The Sony PSP Is A 179.99 RRP.Thats 39.99 Diffence.Games Are Optional, Like The iPod Dock,Remote,Ect.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 05:54 AM
then stop posting this bs and get this stupid waste of a thread closed :rolleyes:

"/ Thanks for your input, but if I wanted your opinion, I'd be at my local supermarket talking to the vegetables.

Not True, The Apple iPod Video Costs A Region Of 220 Pounds RRP, And The Sony PSP Is A 179.99 RRP.Thats 39.99 Diffence.Games Are Optional, Like The iPod Dock,Remote,Ect.

Games are optional? XD

But... that's the whole purpose of the PSP's wide screen and 16 million pixels.. :\

ssricky
29-12-2005, 05:57 AM
"/ Thanks for your input, but if I wanted your opinion, I'd be at my local supermarket talking to the vegetables.
wow ur cool :rolleyes: best you cud think of sad sad children thinking their l337 get all your facts straight before posting a stupid thread like this think of what it will cause -.- ur talking about 2 seperate things obviously ones gunna dominate the other in certain fields so this thread is completely pointless just like you:rolleyes:

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 05:59 AM
ssRicky.. its a fine thread no need to intervene in rudeness.. If you have nothing useful to say dont say it at all, and dont turn this into an arguement.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 06:01 AM
wow ur cool :rolleyes: best you cud think of sad sad children thinking their l337 get all your facts straight before posting a stupid thread like this think of what it will cause -.- ur talking about 2 seperate things obviously ones gunna dominate the other in certain fields so this thread is completely pointless just like you:rolleyes:
You just don't get it, n'est-ce pas?

If you would like to continue to argue, please PM me. It would be pointless to expose more people to your pointless blabbering.

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Haha! =P

ssricky
29-12-2005, 06:02 AM
You just don't get it, n'est-ce pas?

If you would like to continue to argue, please PM me. It would be pointless to expose more people to your pointless blabbering.
its only pointless cuz u know im right :rolleyes: and oo mr frenchy if ur so smart wat is the point to all this spam :$

Haha! =P
stay out of it and go buy sum more rep (ur lucky im nice i good reped u ur so lucky i hate bad repping people -.-)

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 06:04 AM
o.O I dont buy rep you clown, Ive been on this forum more than you by like a year.. just because I dont spam alot like you you dont see me, I was vip that gives you rep as well you cown.

ssricky
29-12-2005, 06:07 AM
o.O I dont buy rep you clown, Ive been on this forum more than you by like a year.. just because I dont spam alot like you you dont see me, I was vip that gives you rep as well you cown.
wow u made so much sense :rolleyes:

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 06:11 AM
And the milkman pwning joo makes more sense as well o.o
Edit : Thanks for rep o.O

ssricky
29-12-2005, 06:13 AM
And the milkman pwning joo makes more sense as well o.o
Edit : Thanks for rep o.O
its an inside joke with my friends or is taht too challenging for you to comprehend

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Oh, what, no good rep for me? :'(

That's not nice. :\

Luayminator
29-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Yes but it doesnt make sense to those who arnt your friends.

EDIT: Im not argueing anymore here.. you just started the argument uselessly so Im not replying from now.

ssricky
29-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Yes but it doesnt make sense to those who arnt your friends.

then disregard it is taht too hard?

JoeyK.
29-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Uhmm.. No. The PSP is more expensive than the iPod since you have to continue buying UMDs and Memory sticks to fully enjoy its features. The iPod, on the other hand, is ready for all you want to give it when it's out of the box. You can use your own CDs to upload music and your own DVDs as well. You don't need to spend money every time you want aother video or movie because a 20-60 GB hard drive is built in and no media card is required. ;)

You still have to buy the CD's in the first place to put things on an iPod (or burn them from somone else, witch is illegal anyway). Plus, an iPod can only play music.

I'm at loss to see why somone would spend 300 dollars just to listen to music when they could buy a cd player for a tenth that.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 06:50 AM
You still have to buy the CD's in the first place to put things on an iPod (or burn them from somone else, witch is illegal anyway). Plus, an iPod can only play music.

I'm at loss to see why somone would spend 300 dollars just to listen to music when they could buy a cd player for a tenth that.

Actually, the iPod can now play videos as well as store photos. ;)

Yes, you do have to purchase CDs in order to have music on the iPod, but isn't that the same case with the PSPs and their UMDs?

And sorry, but I really wasn't seeking legal advice. =P

I'm sure a large majority of people in this forum could care less if downloading music was against the law or not. Free is free, lol. People like free.

Hatake Kakashi
29-12-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm sure a large majority of people in this forum could care less if downloading music was against the law or not. Free is free, lol. People like free.

True, but it's up to the people to decide what they like over what. Take into account the major differences between the two. With the PSP, sony concentrated on gameply, Ipod, apple concentrated on music, etc..

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 07:16 AM
True, but it's up to the people to decide what they like over what. Take into account the major differences between the two. With the PSP, sony concentrated on gameply, Ipod, apple concentrated on music, etc..
Yep, lol.

It seems as though people have long forgotten the real purpose of each device now, lol. This contributes largely to which sells best in the end. Thanks for reminding us. XD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
iPod- Music

PSP- Games

Simple. ;)

JoeyK.
29-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Actually, the iPod can now play videos as well as store photos. ;)

Yes, you do have to purchase CDs in order to have music on the iPod, but isn't that the same case with the PSPs and their UMDs?

And sorry, but I really wasn't seeking legal advice. =P

I was commenting on the fact that you said that iPods were cheaper because you have to buy things for PSP... Just showing that you still have to buy things to make your iPod do anything... Or else it's just an useless piece of metal.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 07:22 AM
I was commenting on the fact that you said that iPods were cheaper because you have to buy things for PSP... Just showing that you still have to buy things to make your iPod do anything... Or else it's just an useless piece of metal.
If one had music already, they could easily upload it to the iPod. You do not require memory to store these things because of its large hard drive.

And the PSP is useful without games, memory, music, and videos? All which you have to purchase seperately. ;)

Hatake Kakashi
29-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Meh, it's true.
30GB Ipod for music, photos or vids - £200 (Varies)

PSP (w/out game) - £180
Games - £20 - £30
1GB Memory - £50 - £80
Vids - £15 - £20

But still, I'd get a psp anyway. When there are very good deals :P

le harry
29-12-2005, 07:37 AM
PsP is more handy, but I prefer the Ipod

Tailzehhhh
29-12-2005, 07:48 AM
But... that's the whole purpose of the PSP's wide screen and 16 million pixels.. :\
Ever Heard Of Downloading? - Ebay?

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Ever Heard Of Downloading? - Ebay?

You said "games are optional" in the other post. Now, you're just contradicting yourself. o_O

Games can only be purchased for the PSP since they are in UMD format, lol.

You can't really download hardware. (lol)

Mit
29-12-2005, 08:56 AM
The graphics on PSP are wicked, i'd buy ipod shuffle and PSP. As Ipod's screen re too small for videos but PSP aren't very good for music. My mate bought SOuth Park videos for his PSP and they looked good...

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 09:13 AM
The graphics on PSP are wicked, i'd buy ipod shuffle and PSP. As Ipod's screen re too small for videos but PSP aren't very good for music. My mate bought SOuth Park videos for his PSP and they looked good...

I agree about the iPod's screen being too small to watch videos, but the image is more crisp than a PSP's screen. Mostly due to the difference in size.

I'd enjoy the PSP but I wouldn't want to be carrying all sorts of memory cards and UMDs for games and music. ;p I listen to more music than I play video games and I really don't think 1 GB will satisfy my memory needs. :P

That and the fact that the PSP's earphones are in iPod-signature white, lmao. I wonder why they made them white knowing the PSP is Jet Black. o_O

beth
29-12-2005, 09:40 AM
PSPs make me want to strangle myself.. infact.. anything made by 'sony' does.

Tailzehhhh
29-12-2005, 09:52 AM
You said &quot;games are optional&quot; in the other post. Now, you're just contradicting yourself. o_O

Games can only be purchased for the PSP since they are in UMD format, lol.

You can't really download hardware. (lol)
Not True, You Can Download Games, And Put On A Memory Stick, You Need To Downgrade Your Version To v1.5 From v2.0, Thats A Fact :)

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Not True, You Can Download Games, And Put On A Memory Stick, You Need To Downgrade Your Version To v1.5 From v2.0, Thats A Fact :)
Same with the iPods, but you also risk damaging the firmware once doing so with both devices. "/

PSPs make me want to strangle myself.. infact.. anything made by 'sony' does.
I second that. ;p

Rawr
29-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Ermmm why are you comparing a PSP to a ipod i mean a ipod is used for it's music and a PSP for it's games...

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Ermmm why are you comparing a PSP to a ipod i mean a ipod is used for it's music and a PSP for it's games...
A lot of people kept sending me PMs about PSP being better than an iPod because it plays games and such. ;l
Even though I explained how it wasn't fair to compare the two in a previous thread, all attempts proved futile with these special individuals. :p

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 10:44 AM
And you have to buy these aswell. You'll have to pay for all music that you download online soon. Obviously if you've bought a PSP, the simple purpose of buying one is because you want to play games on it as you would do with the iPod but buy music for it.
£219.19 for a iPod video (30Gb), £299.99 for a iPod Video (60Gb). There expensive, for those prices you can get a very good bundle pack with the PSP. You could easily get your hands on a PSP for £150.

Rawr
29-12-2005, 10:50 AM
A lot of people kept sending me PMs about PSP being better than an iPod because it plays games and such. ;l
Even though I explained how it wasn't fair to compare the two in a previous thread, all attempts proved futile with these special individuals. :p

Would of been better to compare 2 mp3 player (like ipod & creative zen) or 2 hand held games (like PSP and nitentdo ds.)

Achieve
29-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Would of been better to compare 2 mp3 player (like ipod & creative zen) or 2 hand held games (like PSP and nitentdo ds.)

I know, you shouldn't compare them to each other anyway they both have 2 different functions. One plays music, the other plays games.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 11:15 AM
And you have to buy these aswell. You'll have to pay for all music that you download online soon. Obviously if you've bought a PSP, the simple purpose of buying one is because you want to play games on it as you would do with the iPod but buy music for it.
£219.19 for a iPod video (30Gb), £299.99 for a iPod Video (60Gb). There expensive, for those prices you can get a very good bundle pack with the PSP. You could easily get your hands on a PSP for £150.

You failed to mention how you can also get iPods for £150 as well. :8
Music doesn't necessarily have to be purchased. Unlike UMDs, music can be downloaded off the internet. Legal or not, it's free. Don't like downloading? Simple. Buy a CD. You can be sure a music CD will cost less than a video game for the PSP. Even DVDs cost less than UMD movies! Does that even make sense? Why would anyone pay more for a UMD when they can get the DVD, rip it, and upload it to the PSP? Oh, that's right- because you have to spend an additional £80 to buy a memory stick
(1 GB) so you'll have enough memory. :P

Are you only going to use one game for the PSP? No, you're not. You will keep buying more more games and adding to the price of your Playstation Portable. ;P

Those prices add up, and I for one, refuse to contribute to the expansion of a mediocre media device.

I know, you shouldn't compare them to each other anyway they both have 2 different functions. One plays music, the other plays games.

I get tired of explaining why I even made this thread, so I won't anymore. ;l You can go back to page 2 and see the comments for yourself.

This is a thread I made explaining why the two shouldn't be compared.
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=133169

Achieve
29-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Then why make a dumb thread about it when you are going to get questions like mine?

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 11:26 AM
You failed to mention how you can also get iPods for £150 as well. :8
Music doesn't necessarily have to be purchased. Unlike UMDs, music can be downloaded off the internet. Legal or not, it's free. Don't like downloading? Simple. Buy a CD. You can be sure a music CD will cost less than a video game for the PSP. Even DVDs cost less than UMD movies! Does that even make sense? Why would anyone pay more for a UMD when they can get the DVD, rip it, and upload it to the PSP? Oh, that's right- because you have to spend an additional £80 to buy a memory stick
(1 GB) so you'll have enough memory. :P

Are you only going to use one game for the PSP? No, you're not. You will keep buying more more games and adding to the price of your Playstation Portable. ;P

Those prices add up, and I for one, refuse to contribute to the expansion of a mediocre media device.

I get tired of explaining why I even made this thread, so I won't anymore. ;l You can go back to page 2 and see the comments for yourself.

This is a thread I made explaining why the two shouldn't be compared.
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=133169

Well you've obviously tried to prove something, you've prolonged your argument.
Like I said, if you've bought a PSP your going to buy games for it, you don't have to, you can download them from the net aswell as movies and programmes. You can buy a 1Gb memory card for £45 and that alone can hold a steady amount of movies on it.
And yes, there two totally different media devices that support different features, and yet you've posted since page 2 because theres something you'd like to point out.

Fluffball
29-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Like I said, if you've bought a PSP your going to buy games for it, you don't have to, you can download them from the net aswell as movies and programmes. You can buy a 1Gb memory card for £45 and that alone can hold a steady amount of movies on it.
And yes, there two totally different media devices that support different features, and yet you've posted since page 2 because theres something you'd like to point out.
Why use big words? And why bother arguing about it ? PSP plays games and music and god knows what else.. And ipod plays music// Whats there to argue about?

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Why use big words? And why bother arguing about it ? PSP plays games and music and god knows what else.. And ipod plays music// Whats there to argue about?
Yes..I've already stated that, no need to correct me for what I know. Whats the matter with using big words, there isn't any?

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 11:35 AM

Of course I tried to prove something, lmao. If and when compared, the iPod wins by a longshot. :8

Ah, I see Fluffball is a great example of how ignorant people can be about electronics. ;D*edit*

Fluffball
29-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes..I've already stated that, no need to correct me for what I know. Whats the matter with using big words, there isn't any?
Im not correcting you. I am saying WHATS THERE TO ARGUE ABOUT?

Tailzehhhh
29-12-2005, 11:37 AM
MY PSP / IPOD STORY THINGY:iPod Video [RRP 219.19]Features:MusicVideoPSP [RRP 179.99]Features:Watch MoviesVideoMusicInternetGamesPossibly MoreAnd Yes, i have both the iPod Video, And PSP. So Shut Up :)

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Of course I tried to prove something, lmao. If and when compared, the iPod wins by a longshot. :8

Ah, I see Fluffball is a great example of how ignorant people can be about electronics. ;D
You have your opinions, I have mine and if they were compared, on the music side, yes the iPod would win because that is its main function. On the Movie watching and gaming side, the PSP wins.

Im not correcting you. I am saying WHATS THERE TO ARGUE ABOUT?
Lol, there is something to argue, the possabilities of what is a better media device, but both being two totally different things can make it seem a pointless argument.
I find arguing and debating fun, its not as if theres alot to do here ;)

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 11:40 AM
You have your opinions, I have mine and if they were compared, on the music side, yes the iPod would win because that is its main function. On the Movie watching and gaming side, the PSP wins.
Of course! With 16 million pixels, I'd be surprised if it didn't! o.O

Magnet
29-12-2005, 12:03 PM

I think these threads are ridiculous(sp?). PSP and iPod are DIFFERENT things, you can't compare them, like other game systems, you buy memory for it, so you can take it out and put it in someone elses to transfer, iPod's you don't transfer stuff. Ohand you can easily download movies of the internet, I know of a site I get music and movies for my PSP.

Also I don't think you've mentioned the fact PSP can go on the internet, and download straight off, and iPod can't. It may have iTunes but not a proper internet browser. These threads really are stupid.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 12:16 PM
I think these threads are ridiculous(sp?). PSP and iPod are DIFFERENT things, you can't compare them, like other game systems, you buy memory for it, so you can take it out and put it in someone elses to transfer, iPod's you don't transfer stuff. Ohand you can easily download movies of the internet, I know of a site I get music and movies for my PSP.

Also I don't think you've mentioned the fact PSP can go on the internet, and download straight off, and iPod can't. It may have iTunes but not a proper internet browser. These threads really are stupid.

I already answered most of your opinions on my post. I actually did mention that the PSP has online access.

It really won't hurt you to read before posting things that have been answered to before. ;l

deltateamaplha
29-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Who actually read all that?

Magnet
29-12-2005, 12:52 PM
I already answered most of your opinions on my post. I actually did mention that the PSP has online access.

It really won't hurt you to read before posting things that have been answered to before. ;l

Hmm,sorry if you did, I didn't see it. Forgive me ;[ My fault.

But how come your comparing these two? It seems strange to me. I'm downloading Family Guy onto my PSP right now aswell xD

Ohand I got white headphones, I was expecting black, and Sony have nowmade a Ceramic white PSP, as you probably know, which looks like a new iPod if you'd never seen a PSP before.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Hmm,sorry if you did, I didn't see it. Forgive me ;[ My fault.

But how come your comparing these two? It seems strange to me. I'm downloading Family Guy onto my PSP right now aswell xD

Ohand I got white headphones, I was expecting black, and Sony have nowmade a Ceramic white PSP, as you probably know, which looks like a new iPod if you'd never seen a PSP before.
S'alright, lol. Didn't really mean to post that and was gonna explain, but I was tired and bored. m____m

;o! I have the Family Guy movie on my iPod, lol. I love it. and yes, I've seen PSPs :lol:

Magnet
29-12-2005, 01:24 PM
S'alright, lol. Didn't really mean to post that and was gonna explain, but I was tired and bored. m____m

;o! I have the Family Guy movie on my iPod, lol. I love it. and yes, I've seen PSPs :lol:

Yeah the movie is hilarious, got it on DVD, well, my brother does. I could download it to my PSP but I cba :P Funny when they just leave Quagmire and drive off heh.

HUGECOOL
29-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah the movie is hilarious, got it on DVD, well, my brother does. I could download it to my PSP but I cba :P Funny when they just leave Quagmire and drive off heh.

Lmao! Yeah, that's funny. XD

Dupion
29-12-2005, 01:39 PM

God give him a break. ;l

Brody
29-12-2005, 01:54 PM
u dont need to buy umds all the time i download movies on to my memory stick since got 2 gb memory for games some u can download most u have to buy. i got the 40 yr old virgin on my psp its funni

NekkLe
29-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Rofl! that bit is funny, it goes back to that scene and hes naked on the bed, and the phone is next to his lower half of his body. He switches on the tv and then dials the phone with his ahem ;)

Magnet
29-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Rofl! that bit is funny, it goes back to that scene and hes naked on the bed, and the phone is next to his lower half of his body. He switches on the tv and then dials the phone with his ahem ;)

Oh yeah, he puts naughty stuff on the TV and dials "Alrriggght"

sid214
30-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I HAVE A PSP AND AN IPOD. I DONT KNOW WHY IM REALLY BOTHERED ABAOUT U GUYS ARGUING LOL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!