PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Thread

!-.Scammed.-!
31-12-2005, 07:01 PM
being a vegetarian all my life I have a lot of experiance in the matter. People just assume that you're gonna be an anorexic and gonna be really skinny because you don't get fatty foods, but this is really wrong! You can have cakes, crisps and chocolate,to put on weight but not too much! You have healthier arteries and you get a very good cholestral level. You only benefit this if you do eat things like falafel and tofu salads, but dont just have things like this. Make a good balance.

I am a normal weight at 6 an a half stone and im 12. If you are a vegetarian and you do think your underweight, just alter you're diet. Look at www.teenhealth.org for advice

If you want to become a vege, this is a really good move as you get healthier veins, arteries and a very good cholestral level. if you are worried at not being able to go to places like burger king and eating fast food, they do have vege options. Most supermarkets stock vegetarian foods like vege burgers and tofu, and I think vegetarian sausages and burgers are the greatest invention ever. Many brands include Quorn, realeat, linda Mcartney, cauldron and realeat.

I hope this has give you some advice on being vegetarian!

!-.scammed.-! AKA Clara

zak-x
31-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Do vegetarians eat fish?

!-.Scammed.-!
31-12-2005, 07:06 PM
demi vegetarians do, I dont but I take cod liver oil supplements to get the goodness of fish.

:Bleh
31-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Im a veggie and I love Linda Mcartney things ;]
I don't eat fish or anything :l Neither does my sister. And wth are "cod liver oil supplements" ?

Edit - Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude there :P

NekkLe
31-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Why don't you eat meat? whats wrong with it?

And :Bleh, Cod liver oil suppliments are Cod liver oil tablets :rolleyes: it contains proteains and vitamins etc...

Rou
31-12-2005, 10:03 PM

And :Bleh, Cod liver oil suppliments are Cod liver oil tablets :rolleyes: it contains proteains and vitamins etc...

I think they dont belive in killing animals , thats what my friend who is a veggaterian said anyway

:Bleh
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Okay - ty
And yes, i am veggie coz i don't believe in killing animals :P

Edit - NekkLe i tried to give you rep for telling but i must have already given some coz i have to 'spread it around' first :P

NekkLe
01-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay - ty
And yes, i am veggie coz i don't believe in killing animals :P

Edit - NekkLe i tried to give you rep for telling but i must have already given some coz i have to 'spread it around' first :P
Lol, its ok, you've probably just given alot out recently, but it doesn't matter anyway ;)

Seatherny
01-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Cos i think its cruel killing animals :p

!-.Scammed.-!
01-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I am a vegetarian because-

A) It keeps me healthy and
B) Because I think it's cruel to kill animals!

NekkLe
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
But why do you think animals are on this earth? Were predators, we kill other animals to live.
People who eat meat are as healthy as those who don't eat any meat at all.

!-.Scammed.-!
01-01-2006, 07:05 PM
no, but you get less fat from vege stuff, than meat. I just think its wrong to kill. just me lol!

PS - i like ur avvie neKKle

taika
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
But why do you think animals are on this earth? Were predators, we kill other animals to live.
People who eat meat are as healthy as those who don't eat any meat at all.
That's dumb. Why are we on the earth? No one is eating us. There is no NEED to kill animals to live. You can live a perfectly healthy lifestyle without it. Not all people who eat meat are going to be as healthy as those who don't are they? :rolleyes:

!-.Scammed.-!
01-01-2006, 07:23 PM
That's dumb. Why are we on the earth? No one is eating us. There is no NEED to kill animals to live. You can live a perfectly healthy lifestyle without it. Not all people who eat meat are going to be as healthy as those who don't are they? :rolleyes:

Exactly! Perfectly said!

Mentor
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
The vegitarain diet isnt as heathy as the omnivos diet are body are best adapted to sute with, The heath gain is becuse your being far more cairful with what you eat, rather than just eating anything. Nothing to do with cutting out meat wich actaly has negative effects.

Plus Techilay vegiatrans are indirectly responacable for far far more animal suffering than a normal omnvorius human, since we kill animals quickly and painlessy, a fox doesnt and lets it die a long suffering death. Its nature, if we dont fill a spot, somthing else will "/
So vegiatiansm just seems pointless to me "/

Uwe
06-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Vegi's just talk... Ya.
They complain that we kill animals to eat them..
but if plants ect. are alive, arn't you killing something to eat anyway? :I

beth
06-01-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm a vegetarian and I have been since birth, as have my 2 sisters. I'm actually allergic to fish so ya'know but hm.. I dont believe in all the cruelty to animal things, its the circle of life.
I'm not a vegetarian because of that and i find it really ew how people are.
I think we should all stick to our diet plans and get on with it.
xD

?WhyNot?
07-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Vegi's just talk... Ya.
They complain that we kill animals to eat them..
but if plants ect. are alive, arn't you killing something to eat anyway? :I

Plants don't feel pain...

And I'm vegetarian since I'm born because my parents were vegetarian.

Uwe
07-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Plants don't feel pain...

And I'm vegetarian since I'm born because my parents were vegetarian.

nor do animals when we kill them.. One bullet to the head and gone.

?WhyNot?
07-01-2006, 07:15 AM
nor do animals when we kill them.. One bullet to the head and gone.

Well animals are aware that they are alive, they're intelligent in a certain way. Plants are not conscious they exist.

!-.Scammed.-!
07-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Well animals are aware that they are alive, they're intelligent in a certain way. Plants are not conscious they exist.

exactly right

-xMaceyx-
08-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not having a 'go' at veggies since my mates and some of my family are 'veggies' but wateva meat you dont eat someone else will just buy and eat.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!