PDA

View Full Version : Selling on eBay now premitted?

LevelingProject
02-01-2006, 02:19 AM
http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/905/ebay9zk.gif

It would appear that Habbo Hotel Ltd are now allowing you to sell your furniture on eBay.

If you remember back, we were informed by Jibbi in 2002 that we would be banned if we did it, and then again in 2003 by Glitterkat that we would still be banned.

Throughout 2004 Jane (Jay) was constantly removing auctions that appeared on eBay.

For the past 3 months I have been watching over eBay, and ocationally selling my own furniture on there as I acuired too much.

It would appear that Jay is no longer removing the auctions and actually letting us bid on items, and buy items, thus allowing us to sell on eBay.

I did, however, notice that certain auctions are being removed. The only 3 I noticed that were removed in them 3 months were:

- Hobba Account
- HabboX Account
- 10 Dinos

So, what are you thoughts on this? Why are they allowing it? Doesn't it lead to more scams, but for real money?

Moved by Cypher- ~ Please post in the correct forum.

Ste471
02-01-2006, 02:22 AM
You arnt allowed to sell any items from Habbo, which includes accounts and furni.

If it said "Habbo Hotel" in there already it would most likely be from a past search you did.

Ranger
02-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Selling anything Habbo related on eBay has never been allowed.

The furni is still Habbos' as per terms and conditions. That's there because eBay uses it's popular search strings to fill the listings.

LevelingProject
02-01-2006, 02:23 AM
You arnt allowed to sell any items from Habbo, which includes accounts and furni.

If it said "Habbo Hotel" in there already it would most likely be from a past search you did.

I added that in for the screenshot, edited in afterwards.

What I am pointing out is the fact that Jay is no longer removing auctions that used to be removed, and they are being allowed to continue and end, thus allowing us to sell on eBay, in theory.

Lord_Gig
02-01-2006, 02:29 AM
If you havn't noticed there are 3x as much furniture being sold, as people are finally realising that they make nothing out of staying on habbo, so they are quitting... but none the less it would be hard to get all the acutions taken down.

Asherr
02-01-2006, 02:31 AM
if people want to waste their money on pixels, let them I say. When they are earning their own money, things will change rather quickly.

LevelingProject
02-01-2006, 02:32 AM
If you havn't noticed there are 3x as much furniture being sold, as people are finally realising that they make nothing out of staying on habbo, so they are quitting... but none the less it would be hard to get all the acutions taken down.

Yeh, I took a look at the VeRo program, which is what they use, and it turns out you can only fax in 4 auction numbers at a time.

Now, last week there were 56 items being sold, imagine how much it'd cost to print, fax and write it all out. 56/4 = 14 sheets and 28 pieces of paper being sent to eBay. Each one having to be checked.

I suppose that's why they only remove certain, more valuable ones.

Afterall, eBay can not give out the IP, so Habbo can't ban you for anything outside of the Hotel, anyway.

Lord_Gig
02-01-2006, 02:35 AM
But selling accounts is the least important as all they have to do is find an email linking to the account and then IP ban the user, or even easier if it's a hobba/habboX account all they have to do is look for different IP's left on the account.

Ranger
02-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Sulake have a team in the office dedicated to things like illegal sales on eBay.

And I follow Asher's point. A ten pound a week paperound may buy you a couple of thrones but when you get a job, a car and have to pay rent, let's see how things quickly change.

LevelingProject
02-01-2006, 02:38 AM
But selling accounts is the least important as all they have to do is find an email linking to the account and then IP ban the user, or even easier if it's a hobba/habboX account all they have to do is look for different IP's left on the account.

Yep, I believe that's how they caught Rumble.

Lord_Gig
02-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Well if someone can go and spend £10 on ebay for a throne which is 20-21 hc's worth, on the other hand they could go and buy 100 habbo credits.... which one would the person choose? Habbo are greedy and therefore don't want to let sales drop due to people quitting and selling there existing furniture.

Yonder
02-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Lol i think its your furniture an u shud be able to do what you want with it you paid good money for it however i do believe that pretneding to sell your items on ebay then never coffing up is bad but then again that can come under all circumstances.

blackmaggot
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Lol i think its your furniture an u shud be able to do what you want with it you paid good money for it however i do believe that pretneding to sell your items on ebay then never coffing up is bad but then again that can come under all circumstances.

Well, regardless, it's against the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when signing up :)

Those of you thinking you're find to sell furni on eBay (or anywhere else), you're wrong...

Although only a couple of auctions seem to have been removed, it does not mean they are not being watched.

Habbo have ways of checking things, and believe me when I say - they do check :)

-Take-Me-Emo-
07-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I myself have never bought any furni on ebay or sold and really i dont think its a scam becaseu its jsut like selling/buying anything else on ebay

blackmaggot
08-01-2006, 04:47 PM
You don't own the furni...

It's like renting a house, then putting it up for sale - it's just not something you can do.

paradox
08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
You don't own the furni...

It's like renting a house, then putting it up for sale - it's just not something you can do.
Yes, but if your renting the furni, and your basically selling the rent on the furni so that other person can 'rent' the furni.

pronoob
16-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Errmm i have sold a hell of a lot of furni on ebay (over 300 hc sofas) and my accounts not banned, i would never release details of my clients, and im sure ebay wouldnt either.

As as to selling them, its simple. Just say somethine like

All items belong solely to sulake LTD and i have no possesion of them. Any purchases made via this listing will not grant you ownership of the item, as all items on habbohotel belong to sulake. You are simply paying for the time and effort taken to aquire/deliver the item.

ud need sumthing better than that. i did have one listing removed. it was 0.99p per hc for like 200 HC's. So i guess they prioritised :D

Webhamster
16-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I just had a look on eBay and it looks like things are being deleted as I spoke, and no the time limits we'rent just running out.

eBay is a no-go for habbo anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!