PDA

View Full Version : AX-Hosting Closed

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Dear Client
CESSATION OF SERVICE
This email is to advise all clients that ax-hosting. com will no longer be providing hosting services after 1 March 2006. All clients will therefore need to find an alternative hosting service for their site. Clients with active sites who paid an annual hosting fee will recieve a refund for the unexpired portion of their fee.

Clients should, where necessary, request changes to nameservers by email and any client wishing to transfer their Domain name to an account in their own name should do so as soon as possible.

We apologise for any incovenience this will cause but will endeavour to assist as best we can in the transfer of sites.
ax-hosting.com

Oh yey, lets play move 20+ databases and 3GB's of files >.>

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I knew this was going to happen. Oh well im not with Ax anymore im with another company ;D

Rix
02-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Change to sygon hosting.com its awesome value

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Change to sygon hosting.com its awesome value

Thank you the site for other people they will need another Hosting site when Ax Closes down.

Tomm
02-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I want to change to a 'real' host not a reseller.... Guess ill have to get looking.

Rix
02-01-2006, 09:00 AM
hugotonhosting.com

i work there:)

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Same here Tom, it's best to go with a true host with their own servers, but it's difficult when none of the big ones have cPanel. I would go with Sygon if they had there own server.

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
HostingZoom.com - Im with them. Its a Usa site but they let UK users join.

Tomm
02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
http://www.bluehost.com/tell_me_more.html - They look good :) Just make sure you sign up for 1 or 2 years or it becomes expensive.

Coding4Newbs
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM
At the end of the day tim, servers are expensive, who craes if sygon hosting is noty a server joes gonna renew it, For example ax hosting they got servers but they still closed down and let many customers down

- C4N (Sy)

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2006, 09:13 AM
At the end of the day tim, servers are expensive, who craes if sygon hosting is noty a server joes gonna renew it, For example ax hosting they got servers but they still closed down and let many customers down

- C4N (Sy)

I know what you mean but more Pro Hosting sites have there own server. And servers only go down when the host wants to. Sometimes with resellers they go dont quite alot.

Tomm
02-01-2006, 09:13 AM

- C4N (Sy)

Sygon, sygon-hosting is more likely to shut down that a host with dedicated servers...

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Sygon, sygon-hosting is more likely to shut down that a host with dedicated servers...

And theres another reason thanks Tom ;D

Coding4Newbs
02-01-2006, 09:27 AM
And theres another reason thanks Tom ;D

Xmat do you think this is a competition?, True tom, i dunno if i save up some cash i might buy a server, depending though ;) or ill make my pc and make it a supped up server :)

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Before they close, a few days before, I'm going to totally abuse there server. Think,

<?php mail([email protected], haha, pwned \n pwned); ?>

a couple of hundred times </3

Tomm
02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Before they close, a few days before, I'm going to totally abuse there server. Think,

<?php mail([email protected], haha, pwned \n pwned); ?>
a couple of hundred times </3

If you dare overload the server before I have transfered I am not going to be a happy bunny :(

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll do it on a few days before :P It'll only crash the mail server :P

Nick.
02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
thank god it's closing. It was terrible hosting. My site had around 6 problems with it. One was very strange, some people saw the old version of the site, some people saw the new one.....man, now thats a good reason to switch hosts.

Anderman
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I've allways hated AX, Even though i've never been hosted by them properly
I use http://www.crisphosting.net Good packages and pretty good uptime

Jamie.
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM

- C4N (Sy)

thats very true. i dno where im gna go. :s anyways its in 2 month so :s ermm i'll decide somewhere round there i suppose

Luckyrare
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
O my! Tim Ill host you </3 FOR A FEE MUHAAA

Cheaper than sygon-hosting's reseller xP

nets
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
thank god it's closing. It was terrible hosting. My site had around 6 problems with it. One was very strange, some people saw the old version of the site, some people saw the new one.....man, now thats a good reason to switch hosts.
Thats because you probably had a meta tag which said to cache the page.

JoeComins
02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Same here Tom, it's best to go with a true host with their own servers, but it's difficult when none of the big ones have cPanel. I would go with Sygon if they had there own server.
You do realise whats going to be on my christmas list this year . . .

JoeComins
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
You do realise whats going to be on my christmas list this year . . .
Just a quick idea.

If I bough 2 x 512GB hard drives, installed either apache or abyss, would people actually consider buying. The downtime would be low, as I have back-up power supplies which have previously been used for server and database back-up.
Could I actually get CPanel and WHM for this, and would I get extra charges from my Inernet Prvider?

ozzie-ing
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Just a quick idea.

If I bough 2 x 512GB hard drives, installed either apache or abyss, would people actually consider buying. The downtime would be low, as I have back-up power supplies which have previously been used for server and database back-up.
Could I actually get CPanel and WHM for this, and would I get extra charges from my Inernet Prvider?
id consider buying but i think you should do 1gb packages aswell

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Sounds good but if you buy a server and keep it where you live, a cPanel license is £1000. It'd be better to rent a dedicated server for £20 a month ;)

KCMac
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Shame. AX did good hosting. www.crisphosting.net - There the company i use

Tomm
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Problem! Normal home internet connections have a upstream of 256kbps. So unless you plan all your users to be useing a 256kpbs or less internet connect you aint going to get very far... Bascily its not impossible to have your own server but its more pratical and easyer to rent one from a hosting company with a 50/100mbps upstream.

Anderman
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
would I get extra charges from my Inernet Prvider?
Haha,
You actually think your internet connection would be able to handle a web server?

awelsh
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
I recommend www.sharpehosting.com (http://www.sharpehosting.com) or www.harkonnenhosting.co.uk (http://www.harkonnenhosting.co.uk) I host with harkonnen the both sites have cpanel and full php support and harkonnenhosting are giving my hosting for free.:eusa_danc

KCMac
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
OR www.oneandone.co.uk - I use them to host my schools site <3

Tomm
02-01-2006, 02:16 PM
OR www.oneandone.co.uk (http://www.oneandone.co.uk) - I use them to host my schools site <3

Yep they are good and reliable but there prices are a bit too high.

Anderman
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
But at least you know you would never have any downtime
And im sure they wouldnt just close at a minutes notice...

JoeComins
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Haha,
You actually think your internet connection would be able to handle a web server?
No, I didnt think that, bu I know for a fact that other peple use their hard drive and use their web hsting off it, And how do yu find out your upstream?

Im ust interested, so dont flame me

Tomm
02-01-2006, 02:33 PM
No, I didnt think that, bu I know for a fact that other peple use their hard drive and use their web hsting off it, And how do yu find out your upstream?

Im ust interested, so dont flame me

Whats your ISP?

JoeComins
02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I think I'm getting NTL BroardBand 10MB

sock
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Your altenative could be lava-hosting thats good...

timROGERS
02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Lava = Reseller = Rubbish

Anderman
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
True
Wasnt AX a resseler though

Dan Williamson
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
True
Wasnt AX a resseler though

No. They were servers.

- Dan

Anderman
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok
- And wy do you do this? Its really annoying. Why not put it in your signture and save 4 characters each post.

Mentor
03-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh yey, lets play move 20+ databases and 3GB's of files >.>
I know what you mean, Danm there crapy new owner ship, plus my primary db uses colum names that kill the db, as the backup files dont add the coma things which makes it even harder :(

Im still looking for a new host so any sugettsions of cheep but decnet hosts would be appeaated, i need to find on by the start of feb so i have time to move everything before march :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!