PDA

View Full Version : Dyslexia.

Phorum
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey. I would Like to start this thread as a mini survay. How many of you people are dyslexic!
(Dis-Lec-Sick) World means- Given to someone who has a short term memory and can't spell very well.

I have:
Dyslexia
OCD ( Obsessive compulsive dissorder[how ever you spell it])

Tell us what you have

FrozenWhisper
02-01-2006, 10:50 PM
My mum is. Shes a photographer tho. So it doesn't matter that much to her.

HellyBelly
02-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Erm, I dont think I do. But my brother hs it really bad.

Chaz
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
I Know someone who have obbsessive compolsive disorder, Its where Something has to be done right or something like that....

Cypher-
02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
My friend is dyslexic but he gets by ok, some stupid little pubescent gits try to make fun of him though but they cant read by nature anyway so :)

HellyBelly
-Looks at your sig-

Dyslexia isnt class as special needs. I dont think.

Tommy
My mate has it. But he is a great actor and is learning to read scripts really well.

issaa.
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
My mum has it really bad she thought her name was spelt nosila (alison) when she was like 13. I might have it but ive never been tested.

Jordan3
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
My sister has it, like, she could get all the letters in words, but missed them up, kinda like typoeing?

eg Liek [Like] Huose [House] Lihgt [Light]

Phorum
02-01-2006, 10:57 PM
-Looks at your sig-

Dyslexia isnt class as special needs. I dont think.
It is. I went to a special needs school for 3 years ;)

mynameishelen!
02-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I've never known anyone with it.

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I think its something like 5 children in 30 kids are dyslexic ive forgoten.

Chaz
02-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I think its something like 5 children in 30 kids are dyslexic ive forgoten.
i wouldn't have noticed that you we're dyslexic =)

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a nifty program on my pc which reads what i write ;)

iluvben
02-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Meh your Spelling is quite good for being Dyslexic and two of my friends have it ;o

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
We always get picked on because we arn't as "Smart" as you people are. I just thought i say I'm writing a book on it (trying to). I cant even read my own writing its so messy!

Chaz
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
we're all diffrent, don't worry too much about it!

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I'll get over it :P.

FrozenWhisper
02-01-2006, 11:14 PM
We always get picked on because we arn't as "Smart" as you people are. I just thought i say I'm writing a book on it (trying to). I cant even read my own writing its so messy!
Btw the writing bit in your siggy is wrong. Dsyelix people can be clever :)

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:16 PM
yep, Bill Gates is dyslecix i think. So was einstine

Chaz
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
yup einstine was, not sure bot bill gates tho!

FrozenWhisper
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Yep. Plus dyslecix people are better at art such as photography and painting. I remeber my mum saying that :)

Chaz
02-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Yep. Plus dyslecix people are better at art such as photography and painting. I remeber my mum saying that :)
Yup Thats true, there better at most things =D

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I love art: Animee, Photography (see my work in Other pics :P) I love all types of art :)
Edit: Read my... Erm.. I forgoten sorry.
Remered. I think Bil lGates has Forgoten how to spell it but like (Az-Bur-Gurs)

FrozenWhisper
02-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I hate art. I <3 IT,science and english. I'm gonna go. Night night all :)

Phorum
02-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Ni night!. I hate writing but there you go!

beth
03-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I have dyspraxia? If you don't know what that is here's the definitionn ;

The Dyspraxia Foundation describes developmental dyspraxia as "an impairment or immaturity of the organisation of movement. It is an immaturity of the way the brain processes information, resulting in messages not being fully transmitted to the body." Dyspraxia is a life-long developmental coordination disorder (DCD) that is more common in males than in females, and has been believed to affect 8% to 10% of all children (Dyspraxia Trust, 1991). Ripley, Daines, and Barrett state that 'Developmental dyspraxia is difficulty getting our bodies to do what we want when we want them to do it', and that this difficulty can be considered significant when it interferes with the normal range of activities expected for a child of their age. Madeline Portwood makes the distinction that dyspraxia is not due to a general medical condition, but that it may be due to immature neuron development. The word "dyspraxia" comes from the Greek word "dys" meaning difficulty with and the word "praxis", meaning acting or doing. Part of a continuum of related disorders, dyspraxia is also known as developmental co-ordination disorder, and may also be present in people with autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia and dyscalculia, among others.

Hm, yeah. xD

Blankets
03-01-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm border line dyslexic.
My little sister has very bad dyslexia, but she's great at art/music and so on.
She's got the reading/writing age of a six year old? (and she's 11) although she is dyslexic, she loves writing her poems, and was in the newspaper because our primary school thought she was lazy..and so on.
Yeah, it's a long story.

Dyslexia runs in my family xD

beth
03-01-2006, 01:26 AM
I love art: Animee, Photography (see my work in Other pics :P) I love all types of art :)
Edit: Read my... Erm.. I forgoten sorry.
Remered. I think Bil lGates has Forgoten how to spell it but like (Az-Bur-Gurs)

Asperges you mean ;] My sister has it..

Phorum
03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Asperges you mean ;] My sister has it..
Thats the one!. Not many people have dyslexia i have seen. Most just (thinks for word( brothers and sisters.
Does any on this thread accualy have dyslexia?

Craig
03-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Not me but 2 kids I know have it.

Phorum
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Umm I wonder how many people do have it in the world. IF anyone knows please tell me :P

Luayminator
03-01-2006, 12:45 PM
This should be in health section =D Lol I dont know anyone that has it and I dont have it.

allykin
03-01-2006, 02:31 PM
i don t fink im dyslexic well im not im sure of it

Jane
03-01-2006, 03:47 PM
No I don't have it. I know a few people who have it though.

deltateamaplha
03-01-2006, 03:52 PM
We always get picked on because we arn't as "Smart" as you people are. I just thought i say I'm writing a book on it (trying to). I cant even read my own writing its so messy Lmao my written gets like that all the time I can read it most of the time but others find it hard to. My spelling is rubbish but I'm ok.

iAdam
03-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a friend with dyslexia and OCD he has to wash his hand evey time he touches anything but he's getting better I make him limit himself.

Jane
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I have a friend with dyslexia and OCD he has to wash his hand evey time he touches anything but he's getting better I make him limit himself.

I dunno if that's a good thing to do shouldn't you get a professional or summit?

iAdam
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
He did thats what he said.

Jashmine
03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm not dyslexic, but sometimes I swear I have Dyscalculia lmao.
I don't really know anyone dyslexic. Some teachers used to think my sister might be, but I don't think she is..

Janumz
03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Nawp, I'm not dyslexic.. but I know someone who is.. well they're in my form anyway xD

I think I have OCD though, *shrug* xD

Phorum
03-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I have OCD ;)

Mentor
03-01-2006, 05:30 PM
The Dyslexics May not be clever but we are inventive...
Speak for yourself...

Dislexics aint dumb, you may be stupid? i dont know, but if you are it aint got anything to do with being dislexic "/
I DO not think dislexics should be respected thogh, if you want respect you can earn it just like everyone else, not just get it becuse your dislexic.

We always get picked on because we arn't as "Smart" as you people are
And who is we?

-Just though this need to be added-

Phorum
03-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I WILL. And we means us being dyslexic's ;)
And we arn't respecpted though. Sorry if you dont know. We stands for dyslexics. Dyslexics dont always get respected because we get bullied because you are more clever.

Janumz
03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I have OCD ;)

Mm.. What do you do?

Phorum
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I like to flick a switch on and off lots of times and i wan't EVERY thing to be done properly.

issaa.
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Dyslexics are as smart as everyone else. They just have weaknesses in some things as everyone does, that are noticed more because they are more obvious, eg. spelling.

Just thought id add that.

Mentor
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I WILL. And we means us being dyslexic's ;)
And we arn't respecpted though. Sorry if you dont know. We stands for dyslexics. Dyslexics dont always get respected because we get bullied because you are more clever.

Well to the last be i agree, yea i probly am more clever. But that has nothing to do with dislexia becuse im dislexic as well =.= the diffence being i dont use it as an exsuse to be a idiot. Which in tern means i dont like you calling me one, since the we includes me.

Statistcly dislexics are of ABOVE average intigence anyway "/

DMB-Hosting
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I hate people who are rude/disrespectful and unkind to people with dyslexia, they are the same as anyone else there special, there human. Everyone Should be treated the same i find it sick of anyone who thinks otherwise. They should be helping not lowering there self esteem.

Phorum
03-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Well to the last be i agree, yea i probly am more clever. But that has nothing to do with dislexia becuse im dislexic as well =.= the diffence being i dont use it as an exsuse to be a idiot. Which in tern means i dont like you calling me one, since the we includes me.

Statistcly dislexics are of ABOVE average intigence anyway "/
Ok you geek.

Mentor
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Ok you geek.
Ok, the fact in responce all you can mange is to make an attempted insult which is more like a compliment, kinda proves my idiot point :D

Mr.Kylee
03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Just because he's smart doesn't mean he's a geek. He's a great person, you just can't think of more ''creative'' reply.

Phorum
03-01-2006, 06:30 PM
:l. I have my opinions too.

Mr.Kylee
03-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Well everybody got one but you can express it without being offensive, even thought I doubt somebody like you could offend Mentor in anyway.

GommeInc
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Well everybody got one but you can express it without being offensive, even thought I doubt somebody like you could offend Mentor in anyway.
It is hard to offend him, I think he likes it o.0

I think there are different types of dyslexia. You get ones that are good in only one thing e.g. Art. You get others who are good at everything, but can't spell or write well and then you get some who are generally 'dumb' in every case, but that is extremely rare to find.

I know quite a few of Dyslexic people. One of which is Mentor, who is extremely smart in most cases (like any normal human, he doesn't know everything), be it Science to general knowledge.

I know of another person, who is called Lloyd. He was also dylexic and he was incredibly good at Art and he had good writing. The only problem he really had was academic learning.

Another person is my brother. He has bad hand writing but he is like Mentor, has good knowledge in most things. In fact, you wouldn't consider him dyslexic nowadays if you just looked at him now and compared him with a few years ago.

Phorum
03-01-2006, 11:57 PM
ok I dont really inderstand some of those words//

Crono
03-01-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't think I know any dyslexic people.

I'm really not sure if I have OCD. I know what it is, I'm just not positive that I have it or if I'm just stressed out.

Phorum
04-01-2006, 12:00 AM
I think you can find out if you have a soshal worker...

Drewar
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Bi!!y, one of Habbox's main managers and a great guy is dyslexic. (He said so on the forum somewhere, a while ago), however, he still runs a great department :-)

Phorum
04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Lots of great guys are dyslexic. Including me x)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!