PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] 2 Unfair Bans

-Wolverine
04-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Well my friend NlALL had come back from habbo about 2 weeks and I had told him about how some words had been un-bobbad. So I told him all of them such as ****, **** and etc. then I got 2 hour banned for swearing. Technically it's not swearing because those words aren't "bobba'd". So then I go on my clone and I said "How ***** gay I got banned". And I didnt say the f word with ing I actually said *****. And I got banned again! Effing isn't a bobba'd word so technically I shouldn't be banned. I know it's just 2 hours but still it's not fair. :(

Edited by Forum Mod (Meme120389) - It is not permitted to attempt to avoid the swearing filter or to post any swearing that does not come up as ***.

Robotexual
08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Nah my ban was much more ridiculous, it was for having the name KaylaMunson =P.

0verRide
08-01-2006, 10:45 PM
when was this? Lolz ;P

Robotexual
08-01-2006, 11:23 PM
when was this? Lolz ;P
if you were talking to me, about 4 days ago

0verRide
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I was talking to RKO ;P

Robotexual
08-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I was talking to RKO ;P
Ohh ok lol excuse me

HUGECOOL
09-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Well, even though the words aren't 'bobba'd', it doesn't nevessarily mean that you can use them. Anyone with three brain cells, or lack thereof, would know that the rules for Habbo would still apply even though a filter has disabled.

Technically, you made an incorrect assumption when thinking you could get away with using swear words, ergo, you received a ban.

-Wolverine
09-01-2006, 03:51 AM
when was this? Lolz ;P
When you just came back and we were in RE and then James reported us lolz. ;P
I got banned on 2 accounts. :P

Rizla
09-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, even though the words aren't 'bobba'd', it doesn't nevessarily mean that you can use them. Anyone with three brain cells, or lack thereof, would know that the rules for Habbo would still apply even though a filter has disabled.

Technically, you made an incorrect assumption when thinking you could get away with using swear words, ergo, you received a ban.According to Habbos own rules, if a word isn't filtered, or makes no attempt at getting around a word which is, then you shouldn't be banned for swearing ;)

HUGECOOL
10-01-2006, 12:26 AM
According to Habbos own rules, if a word isn't filtered, or makes no attempt at getting around a word which is, then you shouldn't be banned for swearing ;)
Evidence/Link of your theory?

Nayth
10-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Usually companies reserve the right to change their rules at anytime they see fit. Therefore an unfiltered word could be considered against their rules if they see it fit to be.

Mr.Big
10-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Its your own fault for saying words that are against the habbo way. They're not unfair, if your parents said you couldnt use drugs does that mean that still mean you can do them? Or if your teacher didnt say you couldn't cheat does that mean you are allowed to cheat! Grow up!

Rizla
10-01-2006, 09:55 AM
SEXYDEATH, the "proof" is that I've been told that by numerous hobbas and staff, including all HMs, except Callie who I've never spoken to. You could be banned for harrasment if its used to verbally "attack" someone, but this wasn't. Beepers, when it comes to filtering words, even if the rules changed, if they don't filter it and you say it, then they can't just ban you without a warning. Mr.big, we're taught every day of our lives not to use drugs or cheat, so that's just common sense ;)

Joe118
10-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Usually companies reserve the right to change their rules at anytime they see fit.

Thats true, but most good companies that actually care about their customers will let them know of any changes to their policys or rules in advance of them being applied / enforced.

Mr.Big
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
SEXYDEATH, the "proof" is that I've been told that by numerous hobbas and staff, including all HMs, except Callie who I've never spoken to. You could be banned for harrasment if its used to verbally "attack" someone, but this wasn't. Beepers, when it comes to filtering words, even if the rules changed, if they don't filter it and you say it, then they can't just ban you without a warning. Mr.big, we're taught every day of our lives not to use drugs or cheat, so that's just common sense ;)

And arent we taught everyday by hobbas we are not allowed to swear so isnt that just common sense not to swear?

Rizla
10-01-2006, 07:30 PM
A non filtered word isn't swearing, unless it is a glitch. If it is a blatantly meaning another word which is filtered, then of course they can be banned, but I'm not talking about that. If I say "the path", even though it's been unfiltered, can I be banned for it? Also, whoever bad repped me saying "The theory is incorrect I'm afraid", it's not a theory, and leave you name, I'm not going to rep you back :rolleyes:

Mr.Big
11-01-2006, 12:03 AM
So if a habbo accidently made it so there was no filter, saying the F word wouldnt be considered swearing :rolleyes:

HUGECOOL
11-01-2006, 12:51 AM
A non filtered word isn't swearing, unless it is a glitch. If it is a blatantly meaning another word which is filtered, then of course they can be banned, but I'm not talking about that. If I say "the path", even though it's been unfiltered, can I be banned for it? Also, whoever bad repped me saying "The theory is incorrect I'm afraid", it's not a theory, and leave you name, I'm not going to rep you back :rolleyes:
Assuming you have a general idea of the English language, I'm thinking you can successfully identify an appropriate word from a vulgar one. Habbo applies this same rule when altering the filter. If you know a word's meaning and know its inappropriate, common sense would tell you not to use it unless you are expecting a ban. Unfortunately, most people in Habbo Hotel or anywhere else for that matter lack a common sense and try to find loopholes around a situation. Finding ways around obstacles is great (in fact, it's what I do almost daily), but when you have a written out fact staring you at the face and you decide to avoid it by thinking you can get away with it, you will only end up looking stupid.

You should remember the following quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought ignorant, then to speak and remove all doubt." ;)

(Oh, and I was kind of surprised your bad rep would be worded as such. It seems to be written in a manner as to put me at fault for my post, but I can honestly say that it wasn't mine. I don't see what a bad rep point will do to someone, and I refuse to inflate someone's "v-ego" with good rep. Therefore, I've completely dismissed the entire rep system altogether.)

Mr.Big
11-01-2006, 01:27 AM
So basically this is what he has told us:

You swear and its not filtered, its fine. If you arent told its not allowed ( unfiltered words that have inappropriate meaning)then that means you can say it! If you wernt told for one day your not allowed to sleep with the girl down the street, are you allowed to sleep with her for that day?
No!

-Wolverine
11-01-2006, 03:31 AM
:l Some idiot bad repped me for breaking the habbo way and being banned. Whoever you are, have the balls to leave your name ;)

Rizla
11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Oh, and I was kind of surprised your bad rep would be worded as such. It seems to be written in a manner as to put me at fault for my post, but I can honestly say that it wasn't mine. I never said it was you, and I ignore rep for the most part too. I usually use it to say something that has nothing to do with the topic, yet isn't worthy of a PM :)

So basically this is what he has told us:

You swear and its not filtered, its fine. If you arent told its not allowed ( unfiltered words that have inappropriate meaning)then that means you can say it!You didn't read my post at all, did you? :rolleyes: Also, the part about the "girl down the street" doesn't fit in with the point you're getting at.

Mr.Big
11-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Well my point is, just because something isnt filtered, it doesnt mean its not a swear word and you cant be banned for it.

Rizla
12-01-2006, 10:25 AM
You can be banned at the Mods discretion, but it's still unfair. Unfair doesn't mean you shouldnt be banned, just it was strict. If you do a crime with a friend and he doesn't get in trouble, and you do, even though you should be punished, it's unfair ;)

Mr.Big
12-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Fine ill leave it at that. The way he put it was that he shouldnt of got the ban.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!