PDA

View Full Version : Name of the first hotel.

-Wolverine
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Ok i know this is a bit random but i'm trying to prove something to my friend. He thinks that the first hotel ever was .fi and it was called "HabboHotel". I agree with the fact the first hotel was .fi but I don't agree with the fact it was called "HabboHotel." Wasn't it called Hotel KultaKula or Hotel Goldfish or something? Can someone please confirm this, thanks. ;)
And also if we're both wrong which was the real hotels name.

the wombats
05-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Hotel Goldfish I think it was called.

-Wolverine
05-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Hotel Goldfish I think it was called.
I was right then? ;o

Moose
05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
There was the habbo almanac.
But heres an article on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habbo_Hotel)

-Wolverine
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Woot, I was right. xD My friend owes me a yukka. >.<
And 500th post! :D

Uwe
05-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Woot, I was right. xD My friend owes me a yukka. >.<
And 500th post! :D

no there was something before Hotel Goldfish (still the name of the finnish, I think)
the one were it could be winter? :D

-Wolverine
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
no there was something before Hotel Goldfish (still the name of the finnish, I think)
the one were it could be winter? :D
Was it called Kultakula?

Outcast
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
It was habbo Goldfish when it came to the UK, I dunno bout .fi

mcmurtrie
05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
What the Hotel used to be called:
The Finnish Habbo Hotel was called Hotel Kultakala, which means Hotel Goldfish. This is before Daisy founded Habbo Limited.

It's all on habbo general knowledge on www.habbox.com
Ash x

zak-x
05-01-2006, 02:40 PM
There was the habbo almanac.
But heres an article on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habbo_Hotel)

Habbo Hotel is a virtual chat room and online game, created by Sulake Corporation. Habbo Hotel started as a project by two Finnish twenty-somethings, Sampo Karjalainen and Aapo Kyrölä. The first project was named Mobiles Disco and it was intended to promote a rock band called Mobiles. The site soon gained popularity and Karjalainen and Kyrölä started to think if it would be possible for it to have financial success as well. They sold the idea to the Finnish telecom giant Elisa Oyj through advertising agency Taivas. The first real hotel, Hotelli Kultakala (Hotel Goldfish) was launched in August, 2000 as a part of Elisa's portal.

The first step abroad was to build a Hotel in Finland. The team decided that Hotel Goldfish wasn't a suitable name, but a more neutral name is needed. Someone came up with the name Habbo which was then chosen. The first member of the Habbo brand, Habbo Hotel UK, was launched in January of 2001. The third hotel was soon launched in Switzerland. Since then, the Hotel chain along with its user base has continued to grow, and right now Habbo Hotel is one of the "biggest non-violent online game communities on the internet", operating in 16 countries.
Lmao thats not true xD

taika
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
The first habbo hotel was called Kultakala, which is now known as habbohotel.fi. The reason they all share the same name is because once Daisy sold her share in Habbo Hotel back to sulake, they decided to give all hotels the same name. Kultakala translates from finnish to english as Goldfish.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!