PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Keylogger hits habbox reporter

skootles
15-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone. Just a quick note. My computer has been infected wih a keylogger. I just logged into my .ca account to find a PERM BAN. I checked my .co.uk account, but thankfully no damage was done. I have changed all passwords for everything I do online on another computer, so I should be safe for now. I am still researching the cause of the virus and trying to remove it, so for now my computer will be out of commision.

Please help by sending emails to the habbo.ca staff asking for the unban of skootles. You can do so here (http://www.habbohotel.ca/habbo/en/help/contact/).

.::-Andrew-::.
16-07-2004, 02:02 AM
If you have windows XP you can prevent your account from being keylogged if you use the onscreen keyboard. You can use it for your pass. The keylogger only sees the key strokes of the keyboard. (not onscreen one)

Edit by Gamaya: that's really clever, well done. but can anyone explain why this is?

name14
16-07-2004, 09:00 AM
i think u just got banned and made a story up that you've been key logged so that we would write to .ca asking them to un-banne u , HABBOHOTEL DOSE NOT BAN ANYBODY FOR NO REASON.

Concentric
16-07-2004, 12:27 PM
If you have windows XP you can prevent your account from being keylogged if you use the onscreen keyboard. You can use it for your pass. The keylogger only sees the key strokes of the keyboard. (not onscreen one)
thast a great idea i never thought of that :D

:Illusion
16-07-2004, 01:46 PM
i think u just got banned and made a story up that you've been key logged so that we would write to .ca asking them to un-banne u , HABBOHOTEL DOSE NOT BAN ANYBODY FOR NO REASON.

He didn't say that he was banned for no reason. If he was keylogged then it's obvious that whoever's behind it got him banned for the 'fun' of it. So think before you post your silly accusations with no proof to back them up :)

properclone
16-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Plus if you read the terms and conditions they dont need a reason to ban you! How silly is that?
I dont think they are that mean though.

jrh2002
16-07-2004, 06:09 PM
If you have the full version of spysweeper and read the current news it says that u can now be keylogged just by visiting a site and the keylog gets on your computer from a pop-up :o i have also looke into this because i was keylogged only 2 weeks ago :o I had not opened a dodgy email and only downloaded one thing but that was clean, im sure i got it from a website that had nothing to do with habbo, i made sure i didnt log onto anything using a password but i did change them all and it did take me ages to change my passwords on everything just to be safe, ive moved 2 of my trades to another account i dont use much so i have my thrones safe :) i recomend spysweeper as that found the keylogger adaware did not, i scan my computer about 3 times a day now with different programs just to be safe, it sounds over the top but it doesnt take up any of my time.

skootles
16-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, I just got an email from customer services:

Hi Hobba;

You were banned for trying to scam other Habbos. This is strictly
against the Habbo Way and is not tolerated.

You are permanently banned, the only way to get un-banned is to
provide substantial evidence proving your innocence. We take
obscenity, scamming, hacking, and password stealing very seriously.

Habbo Hotel Customer Services

I'm a hobba? lol. But the good news is, I got rid of the keylogger. It turns out that the source was a key-logging cookie. I've upgraded my antivirus software and firewall software to the professional version, and I'm still working out this with habbo.ca, but I'll be fine. I'm gonna give them a call, so we can talk one-on-one. Thanks for all of your support!

geertjuhhh
16-07-2004, 07:31 PM
If you have the full version of spysweeper and read the current news it says that u can now be keylogged just by visiting a site and the keylog gets on your computer from a pop-up :o i have also looke into this because i was keylogged only 2 weeks ago :o I had not opened a dodgy email and only downloaded one thing but that was clean, im sure i got it from a website that had nothing to do with habbo, i made sure i didnt log onto anything using a password but i did change them all and it did take me ages to change my passwords on everything just to be safe, ive moved 2 of my trades to another account i dont use much so i have my thrones safe :) i recomend spysweeper as that found the keylogger adaware did not, i scan my computer about 3 times a day now with different programs just to be safe, it sounds over the top but it doesnt take up any of my time.

jrh, i got a google toolbar, so i dont c pop ups, so, does that mean i cant get a keylog from pop ups?, got a got virus scan though :)

jrh2002
17-07-2004, 08:34 AM
jrh, i got a google toolbar, so i dont c pop ups, so, does that mean i cant get a keylog from pop ups?, got a got virus scan though :)
ive use the toolbar from smartgenie.com its very good and if u block the popups thats fine but it also says anti-virus is not alot of god against keyloggers :s im only saying what it says but it doesnt sound good lol

Concentric
17-07-2004, 08:43 AM
says that u can now be keylogged just by visiting a site and the keylog gets on your computer from a pop-up :o
i could have told you that, thast why i dont visit habbo fan sites unless i trust them.

Dean
17-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey! Ive got the new Norton firewall. Ill attach it here. So you download it when you want it.

I bought it for £60.00

PM me for it.

Thanks
----------
Zaguz

Pixel-Artist
20-07-2004, 05:55 AM

Edit by Gamaya: that's really clever, well done. but can anyone explain why this is?

Never thought of that, Your Genius.

F1L73R
20-07-2004, 06:03 AM
If youve got a keylogger m8 then youd really better download a virus scanner quickly to make sure u got it and if u do remove it from your comp. A good virus scanner and remover is norton anti-virus so go search that up and download it :D

Pixel-Artist
20-07-2004, 06:18 AM
I have ada-ware,spybot S&D, Spyware Guard,tea time(Comes with Spybot S&D).

Pixel
20-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Ive Got McAfee Its Really Good

A-K
20-07-2004, 09:26 AM

2 months ago I would have agreed with you 100%... but now I disagree... it is possible to be banned on habbo for no reason, but it's extreemly rare.
I logged on to habbohotel.co.uk one time to find that I had been banned for apparantly "trying to access someone elses account"
:s
Which was toatal rubbish. I phoned up Habbo and I spoke to Jay, and she told me that there was no log of the ban. So I guess it was either a mistake or an error.

WCK
21-07-2004, 12:45 AM
everyone should have spybot, if you don't, your just attracting a whole bunch of hackers.

wishkah
21-07-2004, 11:14 PM
everyone should have spybot, if you don't, your just attracting a whole bunch of hackers.
totally agree, great program
being a poor teenager i use ileagla software. i find the pro version of zonealarm and norton anti 2004 coperate editions are the best things around

i got scammed the best, my best m8 in real life tells me to go to thronepro.com. i download somethink whch allows u toget thrones for 1 cred in da catalogue. yey i thought, thnx m8. site seems real good. nxt momnet i no in snedind emails n mssges out off all ports. all hc funri gone. thanks m8 again.
i use kazaa lite. the no paying verson along wi things which make u untrable. if u want the program. snd me a pm wi a email addy n ill snd u the file or set up a like from a site.
also that verson on norton some1 sed earlier, how do i click on it? :eusa_clap
oh well hope this of some use.

Sketti
22-07-2004, 03:09 PM
But the hacker might of got this habbo banned though, you gotta keep that in mind.

hotslime
24-07-2004, 02:12 AM

Shut up and know before you open your big mouth :eusa_naug I got a perm bann on .co.uk for having a orange dino egg ask wiernerd he was invovled well i got un perm bann so u need to shut it :@

hotslime
24-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Well, I just got an email from customer services:

I'm a hobba? lol. But the good news is, I got rid of the keylogger. It turns out that the source was a key-logging cookie. I've upgraded my antivirus software and firewall software to the professional version, and I'm still working out this with habbo.ca, but I'll be fine. I'm gonna give them a call, so we can talk one-on-one. Thanks for all of your support!

erm.. get spy sweeper i found 2 keyloggers, 1 trogan on my comp it deleted it :)

* Edited by Janeh - Please do not double post simply edit your previous one.

.:Rare.Girl:.
24-07-2004, 03:40 AM
I have adaware and spybot also. So if I used that and searched my computer tonight- And removed all spyware. Would I be safe from key loggers ect.?

Incher
19-08-2004, 04:44 AM
banned for?ya after u download ne thing suspisouc use the on-screen keyboard thats wat i did and I saved myself lot of money!i just lost 1 hc account w/ norms :)

lukeisok
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
thast a great idea i never thought of that :D lol

* Edited by Janeh - This post is too short. If you read the rules carefully, it says all posts must be over 9 characters

THE NINJA
12-09-2004, 03:00 PM
No one has ever "trojan'd" me, but I have "trojan'd" and keylogged myself. I find it easier to manually delete them, so you should learn up on where they hide and what they do.

GommeInc
12-09-2004, 06:32 PM
God Keyloggers are fun, I have never had one but they are fun to deal with, get ad-aware, it helps alot.

Mentor
12-09-2004, 06:54 PM
spybot and adaware get moet of them, plus half of hav stupdi names link KEYLOGGER.exe and sit kn your prosses, ive even forund some that appres in teh windows uninstaller thingy. so very well hidden, athogh they are ment to be ovios.

hellzfrost
21-03-2005, 05:03 PM
i got keylogged today and lost all my furni :(
any donates would be apprieciated

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!